Thread: Wegmans

Thumbs up Wegmans

Todays Buffalo News has a good article on Wegmans being named #3 on the fortune magazines national rankings for the top places to work in America.
    They were only beat out by Google and Genentech.
    Congratulations WEGMANS!
    They show that non union workplaces can compete with unionized places in the way they take care of thier employees.
    Maybe the WalMart stores can figure out how Wegmans can provide a decent wage, medical, life and retirement benefits for its employees. Wegmans is 1/100th the size of WalMart, but can still take care of its employees.
    So much for Tops/Martins(unionized)

Go Wegmans; I love Wegmans!!

Unregistered

and if Mr Wegmans were a Buffalonian he would have flipped & sold his business

and if Mr Wegmans were a Buffalonian he would have flipped & sold his business instead of keeping it and growing it. The Wegmans family had many opportunities to sell and they kept it in the family and stayed in Rochester and are one of the largest philanthropic patrons in the city.

How many Buffalo businesses grew and were just flipped and sold? A good example is to compare Buffalos Freezer Queen Foods (flipped & sold) to Rochesters Birds Eye (kept).

It just really begs the question to be asked?
    -Can Buffalo produce a home grown company dedicated to their employees, the city and the region while producing a competitive quality product as Rochester and other cities do?
    -Why cant Buffalonians patronize Buffalo companies? Why cant our city have a local supermarket and a local specialty market (like Guercios) in all its neighborhoods?

Budwey's is a local company.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy

-Why cant Buffalonians patronize Buffalo companies? Why cant our city have a local supermarket and a local specialty market (like Guercios) in all its neighborhoods?
    I like Guercios, and many folks I know do shop there; they simply do not carry all the things we need and so, we have to patronize the larger stores. I do see people patronizing their local companies as much as they are able.

Thread Information