Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what is our gut feeling with North Korea and President Trump?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So what is our gut feeling with North Korea and President Trump?

So what is our gut feeling with North Korea and President Trump?

Hopefully progress is made. At the very least this summit is something that, as far as I know, hadn't been tried before with NK's leadership. Sanctions and blustering like has been the policy for the last few decades didn't get anywhere, maybe this will.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good point.

My gut feeling is that the main stream media are hysterical that the high haired one was able to accomplish something in 2 years that BO couldn’t accomplish in 8 years. Of course when you keep erasing the lines that you’ve drawn in the sand pretty soon everyone realizes that you’re nothing but a lazy ball-less wonder. Sounds initially like something positive came from it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Trump to 'Hannity': Kim Jong Un to start denuclearization 'virtually immediately'

President Trump, on the heels of his historic summit with Kim Jong Un, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he believes the North Korean leader will begin to work toward dismantling his country’s nuclear program “virtually immediately.”

The president left Singapore after the two leaders signed a document stating Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

In an interview with Fox News, Trump said the process is “really moving rapidly.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...mediately.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    My gut feeling is that the main stream media are hysterical that the high haired one was able to accomplish something in 2 years that BO couldn’t accomplish in 8 years. Of course when you keep erasing the lines that you’ve drawn in the sand pretty soon everyone realizes that you’re nothing but a lazy ball-less wonder. Sounds initially like something positive came from it.
    He might also realize that if he continues with his nuclear program that Trump would actually blow him up. Who remembers my button is bigger than your button comment. Something like that.

I think social media made earth much smaller. When you have people in other countries seeing people in general are the same in all countries.

Trump disrespects our closest ally and glorifies a murdering despot who starve, enslaves, tortures and kills his own people then announces he wants to leave S Korea to the wolves. That's what I got from it
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Trump disrespects our closest ally and glorifies a murdering despot who starve, enslaves, tortures and kills his own people then announces he wants to leave S Korea to the wolves. That's what I got from it

Who’s our closest ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Who’s our closest ally?
    Really???

Truth is, he's disrespected almost all of our allies
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, you eat live and breathe the great Russian conspiracy to elect Trump. But the fact is everyone of those G7 leaders worked night and day to defeat Trump. Now, like you and CNN, they simply can’t process the fact that he won and they have to deal with a leader instead of a weasel like Hillary. They knew that with Hillary in the White House all they had to do was keep the $$$$ flowing into the Clinton Foundation and they would get whatever they wanted. There was precedent for that belief. And if that mean old Donny hurt da feelings of the bed wetter from Ottawa that’s just too bad. He’s a mendacious slime bucket just like his old man.

Really???

They’ve disrespected and used us for years, it’s time someone stands up to our “allies” and re draws the lines for our future relationship, we’re not their doormat anymore.

Really???
    Standing up to Mexico, Canada, Germany or France is not equal to disrespect. That's how they want to play it but it's not. Here is a good read from The Guardian. Excerpt below and emphasis mine:

He gets almost everything wrong. But last weekend Donald Trump got something right. To the horror of the other leaders of the rich world, he defended democracy against its detractors. Perhaps predictably, he has been universally condemned for it.

His crime was to insist that the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) should have a sunset clause. In other words, it should not remain valid
    indefinitely, but expire after five years, allowing its members either to renegotiate it or to walk away. To howls of execration from the world’s media, his insistence has torpedoed efforts to update the treaty.

In Rights of Man, published in 1791, Thomas Paine argued that: “Every age and generation must be as free to act for itself, in all cases, as the ages and generations which preceded it. The vanity and presumption of governing beyond the grave
    is the most ridiculous and insolent of all tyrannies.” This is widely accepted – in theory if not in practice – as a basic democratic principle.

Even if the people of the US, Canada and Mexico had explicitly consented to Nafta in 1994, the idea that a decision made then should bind everyone in North America for all time is repulsive. So is the notion, championed by the Canadian and Mexican governments, that any slightly modified version of the deal agreed now should bind all future governments.

But the people of North America did not explicitly consent to Nafta. They were never asked to vote on the deal, and its bipartisan support ensured that there was little scope for dissent. The huge grassroots resistance in all three nations was ignored or maligned. The deal was fixed between political and commercial
    elites, and granted immortality.

In seeking to update the treaty, governments in the three countries have candidly sought to thwart the will of the people. Their stated intention was to finish the job before Mexico’s presidential election in July. The leading candidate, Andrés Lopez Obrador, has expressed hostility to Nafta, so it had to be done before the people cast their vote. They might wonder why so many have lost faith in democracy.

There are things that need to be worked out. There are problems with trade. There are problems with immigration. There are problems with global policy. It's one thing to have an opinion on how these issues should be addressed and corrected. It's another to have the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the current state of things.

Personally, I am tired of being the big brother (military) and bank (aid) for the globe. Especially since it is with such disparity. I really DGAF what other leaders think when they still have their hand out and back covered when the cameras turn off and the press leave.

There are soooo many things I don't like about Trump. Things I hate about his Presidency. But this is not one of them.

Leftie, when he suggested that they agree to eliminate all tariffs the rest of these “leaders” fouled their britches. They know that without their one sided tariffs imposed on American business they’d all be back on the street shining our shoes for nickels in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Leftie, when he suggested that they agree to eliminate all tariffs the rest of these “leaders” fouled their britches. They know that without their one sided tariffs imposed on American business they’d all be back on the street shining our shoes for nickels in 6 months.
    It's funny how that works, right?

They cry about the US creating tariffs but would never consider removing the tariffs on US products. They wag their finger at the US immigration policy, even though it's much more lenient than theirs. They show disgust for our military but then expect us to be the enforcer for the UN.

Again, don't like a lot of what Trump is doing but there are some really naive, borderline stupid, people out there who can't see the whole picture.

Leftie, they see the picture perfectly and they like what they see. There are many many people, Warren, Sanders, Holder, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, DiBlasio, most of Hollywood and media among them who hate America except for what they can ring out of it for themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information