Thread: Lefty... what don't you like about Trump?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Lefty... what don't you like about Trump?

Lefty... what don't you like about Trump?

First off we know that no one is perfect.

Personally I don't like how he tends to just blurt crap out there without verification. Other than that I think he is far better for us compared to if Hillary was elected.

No one I know wanted Hillary to win. I have no clue how she got so many votes, but regardless, 1.5 yrs in, it's time to stop using the Hillary thing.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can't stop using it. There is value in showing how bad a group's judgement is. In our case we had the Ecdems supporting her hook line and sinker. I'm pretty sure various local board members supported her efforts also. I"m to the point where I don't give a crap about any of their "political" careers when their support and judgement has a negative impact on the community.

It is time to stop using it. I think people are being jaded by "better than Hillary" and blinded to the mess Trump is creating in many areas because of it
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Lefty... what don't you like about Trump? First off we know that no one is perfect. Personally, I don't like how he tends to just blurt crap out there without verification. Other than that I think he is far better for us compared to if Hillary was elected.

Trump is like some developers I work with. When you look at just the code, you're like this person is a good asset to the company. However, when you look at everything else such as how they interact in the company to how they don't have social skills...you start to ask if maybe there is a good developer out there who can code and communicate.

I hate what the FCC is doing and his guy and Buffalo-born Ajit Pai is doing.

I hate the sh*t he pulls on twitter. I agree the media is stepping way out of bounds with how they treat him but, at the same time, he elevates the media to the same stage by engaging them. I said it before he took office but if he did an about-face on how he communicated once he took office he could have had the left running around in circles.

If he would have taken a more articulated position on things he could have done so much more. For example, on tariffs, he could have focused on no tariffs for US products and then went for tariffs on outside products. On immigration, he could have said let's mirror what Mexico or Canada does. How would the media spin that if all he is asking is to do the same thing as Mexico and Canada? How foolish would they look if they had to explain out of why they need more rigid immigration than the US but somehow the US is bad?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Good explanation.

The blurting out on Twitter is something that needs to go or have some type of pre-checking before he hits send.

I saw some information about tariffs on dairy products that go to Canada scroll by on FaceBook. Trump tweeted "Canada charges the US a 270% tariff on Dairy Products!"

Seemed high but here it is:

Donald Trump says Canada levies 270 percent tariff on dairy. That's basically right
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-canadas-2/

He might learn as he goes along. He's been "Donald Trump" for a long time. He is what he is.

Good explanation.

The blurting out on Twitter is something that needs to go or have some type of pre-checking before he hits send.

I saw some information about tariffs on dairy products that go to Canada scroll by on FaceBook. Trump tweeted "Canada charges the US a 270% tariff on Dairy Products!"

Seemed high but here it is: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-canadas-2/ He might learn as he goes along. He's been "Donald Trump" for a long time. He is what he is.
    It's only on some dairy products and I have read that US dairy farmers do well overall. But that's not the point. At least for me.

The point is at some point, in some room, with some appointed people...things were divided up.

Past leadership in the US decided that it would give up production of some good and services in order to allow other nations to grow their economy. The problem is they didn't really ask permission from the people that got the shaft. They just listened to those who, at the time, carried the most influence and made the largest contributions.

Good explanation.

Seemed high but here it is:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-canadas-2/

He might learn as he goes along. He's been "Donald Trump" for a long time. He is what he is.
    Tariffs on Dairy products are high, but overall, we have a trade surplus with Canada - pretty sure I read a trillion dollars. Also, Canada and the US have a deal on Weapons. American Weapons are made with Canadian parts, and Canadian weapons are assembled in America. I forget the term, but it's called something like First Defense or something like that. Trump is a moron, as evidenced by hos claim that "the parents of dead soldiers from the Korean war all asked him to try and get the remains for their sons back." Of course, the average age of Korean war Vets is 87, making all those parents about 110 years old. The guy can't even lie efficiently
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Tariffs on Dairy products are high, but overall, we have a trade surplus with Canada - pretty sure I read a trillion dollars. Also, Canada and the US have a deal on Weapons. American Weapons are made with Canadian parts, and Canadian weapons are assembled in America. I forget the term, but it's called something like First Defense or something like that. Trump is a moron, as evidenced by hos claim that "the parents of dead soldiers from the Korean war all asked him to try and get the remains for their sons back." Of course, the average age of Korean war Vets is 87, making all those parents about 110 years old. The guy can't even lie efficiently
    Hey Trump JR. A trillion dollars?

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

2018 : U.S. trade in goods with Canada
    NOTE: All figures are in millions of U.S. dollars on a nominal basis, not seasonally adjusted unless otherwise specified. Details may not equal totals due to rounding. Table reflects only those months for which there was trade.

Month Exports Imports Balance
    January 2018 22,567.2 26,271.6 -3,704.5
    February 2018 23,515.4 23,919.6 -404.2
    March 2018 27,137.4 26,798.0 339.3
    April 2018 25,698.1 26,482.8 -784.6
    TOTAL 2018 98,918.1 103,472.1 -4,554.0
    I think it's more like a 100 billion in trade not a trillion. Or I am reading it wrong

Hey Trump JR. A trillion dollars?

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

I think it's more like a 100 billion in trade not a trillion. Or I am reading it wrong
    I didn't say it WAS a trillion, I said I thought I read that somewhere and you calling ME Trump Jr.? That's real rich
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Still family members alive. Brothers, sisters and nephews/nieces.

Still family members alive. Brothers, sisters and nephews/nieces.
    He said parents
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information