Thread: Bravo!!! Kudos!!!! to Park Crew Chief Barbaro

Bravo!!! Kudos!!!! to Park Crew Chief Barbaro

Great job!!!!

Georgia L Schlager

Kudos indeed to Ms. Barbaro who seems to have acquitted herself well since taking over the Town’s Park Crew Chief position.

Kudos is also in order for Building Inspector Matt Fischione who continues to reorganize and improve the town’s building department. Many of the old guard town activists no longer present would commend him for his vigilance and tenacity in enforcing the town codes and now posting code violations in the communications and hopefully on the town’s website in the future – as is required by state law.

In the last month near 200 permits (town & village) were applied for (at least double the amount since a few years ago. Yes, there is a new sheriff in town and the codes will be enforced and without exception.

I found it hilarious when recently the Lancaster Speedway manager appeared at a town board meeting and asked why he had to apply for a Special Use permit when it was never required before - since the track opened in 1959 and since he took over management. Hello, he was conducting an entertainment enterprise on property zoned Light Industrial (LI).

Business owners who were conducting business without a permit or not in compliance with codes have been unhappy campers since Fischione was appointed into the office.

A level playing field and transparency in the Building Inspector’s office to boot, how novel is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Kudos indeed to Ms. Barbaro who seems to have acquitted herself well since taking over the Town’s Park Crew Chief position.

Kudos is also in order for Building Inspector Matt Fischione who continues to reorganize and improve the town’s building department. Many of the old guard town activists no longer present would commend him for his vigilance and tenacity in enforcing the town codes and now posting code violations in the communications and hopefully on the town’s website in the future – as is required by state law.

In the last month near 200 permits (town & village) were applied for (at least double the amount since a few years ago. Yes, there is a new sheriff in town and the codes will be enforced and without exception.

I found it hilarious when recently the Lancaster Speedway manager appeared at a town board meeting and asked why he had to apply for a Special Use permit when it was never required before - since the track opened in 1959 and since he took over management. Hello, he was conducting an entertainment enterprise on property zoned Light Industrial (LI).

Business owners who were conducting business without a permit or not in compliance with codes have been unhappy campers since Fischione was appointed into the office.

A level playing field and transparency in the Building Inspector’s office to boot, how novel is that?
    I agree Lee. Mr Fischione is doing an awesome job considering he has had many issues to address and correct from the slip shod enforcement of the past CEO

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I agree Lee. Mr Fischione is doing an awesome job considering he has had many issues to address and correct from the slip shod enforcement of the past CEO
    Yes, Matt F. has had quite a difficult time fixing all of the problems from the past. I hope he can manage, and I hope he can be consistent when enforcing the town code to all homeowners & businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Yes, Matt F. has had quite a difficult time fixing all of the problems from the past. I hope he can manage, and I hope he can be consistent when enforcing the town code to all homeowners & businesses.
    Oh he is being consistent with businesses and residential as well. An engineering firm was in our community planning some drainage improvements. I happen to mention Fischione regarding that he would never have approved our subdivision had he been in office when the subdivision was built.

They asked if I thought favorably of Fischione. I answered that I did and mentioned his code enforcement rigidness as evidenced by the significant increase in monthly permits in making businesses that ran enterprises without ever getting a permit, or with expanding their buildings without ever having to get a permit. They responded that they had heard that business owners are not happy with him in office.

The frosting on the cake is Lancaster Speedway running an entertainment business on Light Industrial (LI) zoned land since 1959. The owner asked why was a permit necessary now as it was never required from its inception in 1959 until the present.

I have to admit, the Westwood Park looks amazing. Great job Chief!

Thread Information