Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Avocado and Tomato Salad

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456

    Avocado and Tomato Salad

    1 avocado, diced
    1 cup (200 g) cherry tomato, finely chopped
    1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 lime, juiced
    salt to taste
    2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

    Preparation
    Combine all ingredients
    cover & store in fridge until ready to serve
    Enjoy

  2. #2
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,862
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    1 avocado, diced
    1 cup (200 g) cherry tomato, finely chopped
    1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
    1/2 lime, juiced
    salt to taste
    2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

    Preparation
    Combine all ingredients
    cover & store in fridge until ready to serve
    Enjoy

    Umm.. pretty sure this is guacamole. Tasty guacamole.

  3. #3
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    62,894
    Tomato and Avocado Salad - Recipe by Laura Vitale


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Tomato and Avocado Salad - Recipe by Laura Vitale

    There it is, thanks res-you know I don't do photos.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Umm.. pretty sure this is guacamole. Tasty guacamole.
    Yeah ok, but it is really good.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456

    Parm chips

    I made this a couple of weeks ago, I had forgotten how much I loved eating these.

    Preheat oven to 300 degrees

    Using Parchment Paper on a cookie sheet:

    Shaved Parmesan Cheese
    crushed red pepper
    oregano
    basil

    mix all together

    drop on the cookie sheet about the size of a potato chip

    bake 15 minutes

    I usually know it's done when the sides start to separate from the parchment paper
    If you like it more crispy add another few seconds

    Pull out and slide immediately onto your cookie platter and let it cool

    Options:
    warm up some sauce and dip the chip

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Boiled Cauliflower

    Easy just boil your cauliflower, pour slightly over it with buffalo wing sauce and dip in blue cheese or ranch. Better alternative to chicken wings.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Zucchini

    slice up your zucchini (you can leave the skin on or not)
    sauté in a frying pan olive oil and garlic
    drop in your sliced zucchini flip the slices around to get them coated
    sprinkle crushed red pepper

    put lid on, lower the temp
    simmer until you like the texture

    when done sprinkle parm cheese

  9. #9
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    62,894
    I should have quite a few napa grape tomatoes this year. The few that ripened early are awesome. When ready I'll pack you a box.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Res, are you serious? Because that would be awesome!!!! PM me......

  11. #11
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    62,894
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Res, are you serious? Because that would be awesome!!!! PM me......
    Well yeah. Wouldn't say that unless I was going to give you some.

    This year I purchased 3 started plants from Burpee for 18 bucks versus starting them from seed. Shipping was free with a coupon code I found. They are doing well.

    I would have purchased these locally but no one had any including not having seeds.

    https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/to...rod000999.html


    I should also have yellow ones that started by themselves this year. The squirrels must have ran off with a few , tasted them on the way home and dropped them last fall. I saw them sprouting up in random spots in the yard so I moved them to one spot. They grew pretty fast but will be ready later in the season. They sprouted 4 weeks later than the started plants.

    I'm pretty sure they are going to be these.

    https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/to...rod001024.html

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Well yeah. Wouldn't say that unless I was going to give you some.

    This year I purchased 3 started plants from Burpee for 18 bucks versus starting them from seed. Shipping was free with a coupon code I found. They are doing well.

    I would have purchased these locally but no one had any including not having seeds.

    https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/to...rod000999.html


    I should also have yellow ones that started by themselves this year. The squirrels must have ran off with a few , tasted them on the way home and dropped them last fall. I saw them sprouting up in random spots in the yard so I moved them to one spot. They grew pretty fast but will be ready later in the season. They sprouted 4 weeks later than the started plants.

    I'm pretty sure they are going to be these.

    https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/to...rod001024.html

    Well, it looks amazing. Those are one of my favorite type of tomatoes. Maybe pics so we can watch them grow...

  13. #13
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    62,894
    I was lazy this year.,

    This is what was shipped from Burpee



    Other than being packed at and bending a bit they were fine.



    They grew really well



    They will start ripening soon


    Gardeners.com recommends 2 plants per bin. I think 1 per bin is better.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,456
    Wow, you do have a green thumb. Great!

  15. #15
    Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    62,894
    I really just follow the instructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1979 Family Circle Tomato article
    By WNYresident in forum Home, Landscaping, Flowers and Vegetable Gardening
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 8th, 2018, 11:05 PM
  2. An Avocado Pit
    By WNYresident in forum Home, Landscaping, Flowers and Vegetable Gardening
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
  3. tomato planting
    By Tree_hugger29 in forum Home, Landscaping, Flowers and Vegetable Gardening
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 5th, 2009, 06:51 PM
  4. So is everyone getting thier tomato ready for the summer?
    By WNYresident in forum Home, Landscaping, Flowers and Vegetable Gardening
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: September 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •