Slaughter Protest Friday

What: A CALL TO ARMS!!

When: This Friday, March 19, 2010 4:30 PM

Where:
    Louise Slaughter's Office
    465 Main Street
    Buffalo, NY 14203

A CALL TO ARMS!!!!!!!!
    There will be a protest at Louise Slaughter's office, 465 Main St, Buffalo, on Friday at4:30PM sponsored by Tea New York, the Tea Party Coalition, and ReformNYS. Please come with your signs made up and ready too wave. Some possible sign ideas:

Slaughter, We Deem You Unfit to Serve.

Don't Slaughter Our Constitution

Can't you hear us say "No"?

Use your imagination and see what you can come up with. We hope to see everyone tomorrow.
    If you can't make it, please call her office during the day at 853-5813. Considering the Hell she just put the country through with her ridiculous attempt at defiling the constitution, and the fact that she's our representative, we need to have a good showing. Please try to make it, even if you have to leave work a little early!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the short version of what she did? Yes I can go search google but you already know what is going on.

How about you pass out flyers that explain the procedure to all the sheep holding up signs so they'll know that in fact there will be two votes - one on the "deem and pass" resolution and one on the actual bill that will go to the President for signature?

Or is the Tea Party too busy with slogans to deal with reality?

Here is how it works, in case you don't know (sheep stop reading now and go make those signs!)

1. The Senate passed a bill with extraneous material in it.

2. In order to get a bill the Senate can clean and pass, the House has to pass the Senate's original bill, then the Senate can clean it up and send the final version back to the House for a vote.

3. Voting on the original Senate bill would be a waste of time because it is not the version that will be presented for final passage. In fact, the final version has already been published.

4. Tea baggers and Repubs want a symbolic waste of everyone's time vote on the original Senate bill so they can claim in the next election that the Dems voted for the extraneous material, even though if such a vote was held it would only be a procedural vote to get the bill back to the Senate to be cleaned of the extraneous matter. Of course, the Tea Baggers and Repubs would forget about that last part, because they know they can fool all of their followers all of the time.

5. The "deem and pass" procedure allows the House to skip the nonsensical act of voting on a bill that will not be final version, especially given that the final version is already known.

None of this is unusual - it is an internal parliamentary procedure used many times by Repubs and Dems. It has noting to do with the constitution. The SCOTUS will not involve itself in the internal affairs of congress.

Then again, those signs will give the tea baggers something to do with their crayons.

Thanks for clearing that up. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    What: A CALL TO ARMS!!

When: This Friday, March 19, 2010 4:30 PM

Where:
    Louise Slaughter's Office
    465 Main Street
    Buffalo, NY 14203

A CALL TO ARMS!!!!!!!!
    There will be a protest at Louise Slaughter's office, 465 Main St, Buffalo, on Friday at4:30PM sponsored by Tea New York, the Tea Party Coalition, and ReformNYS. Please come with your signs made up and ready too wave. Some possible sign ideas:

Slaughter, We Deem You Unfit to Serve.

Don't Slaughter Our Constitution

Can't you hear us say "No"?

Use your imagination and see what you can come up with. We hope to see everyone tomorrow.
    If you can't make it, please call her office during the day at 853-5813. Considering the Hell she just put the country through with her ridiculous attempt at defiling the constitution, and the fact that she's our representative, we need to have a good showing. Please try to make it, even if you have to leave work a little early!
    Who, exactly, does "Tea New York, the Tea Party Coalition, and ReformNYS" represent that Louise Slaughter -- or any politician -- should pay attention to the dozen or so sign-wavers outside her office? Since Mrs. Slaughter was easily elected in 2008 and is unlikely to face a serious challenge in 2010, you obviously don't represent the majority of voters in her district.

I am not the organizer of this event. I just posted it.

I think the purpose of the event is obvious. Don't make something simple into something complicated.

I will say that the TPC is seeking candidates to run against her and Democrats are welcome to apply.

"with her ridiculous attempt at defiling the constitution"

Exactly how did she "defile the constitution?"

I didn't make that claim.

Frankly, it's the substance of the bill that I oppose.

I didn't make that claim.

Frankly, it's the substance of the bill that I oppose.
    Considering the Hell she just put the country through with her ridiculous attempt at defiling the constitution, and the fact that she's our representative, we need to have a good showing.
    Are those NOT your words?

Good Lord, this is a forum, not a law review. All I did was post a press release. There was a link back to Meetup but it didn't work for some reason.

The press release was issued by TeaNewYork.com.

On second thought, I should have been more careful in posting to note the origin. I did not write the release but I do support the rally so I posted it.

On second thought, I should have been more careful in posting to note the origin. I did not write the release but I do support the rally so I posted it.
    You support a rally over something you don't whether or not it is true?

"Hey everybody - let's rally over Slaughter's attempt at defiling the constitution. I don't know if she did attempt to defile the constitution, but hey, lets rally against it anyway."

What are we going to rally against next - mountain lions being released into NY by the DEC? The sun revolving around the earth?

I was there to oppose an increase in socialized medicine.

As far as the procedural stuff, I am sure they are playing games to avoid tough votes. That is, they are being dishonest.

Are they violating the Constitution? I don't know but I do know they don't care.

These jokers raise their hand to uphold a Constitution they never read and wouldn't understand if they did.

I was there to oppose an increase in socialized medicine.

As far as the procedural stuff, I am sure they are playing games to avoid tough votes. That is, they are being dishonest.

Are they violating the Constitution? I don't know but I do know they don't care.

These jokers raise their hand to uphold a Constitution they never read and wouldn't understand if they did.

What socialized medicine? Private doctors and private insurance isn't going anywhere. In fact, if anything, the entire industry is being handed to private insurance companies on a platter...

You really don't think things through, do you?
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information