Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town goes offline on the weekend

Genoobie, and finally, in the private sector you can find quality...unlike the public sector. For a stark example of the latter, see the Buffalo Public School District. And in order to prevent people from searching for quality the BPS does everything in its power to prevent others from competing. See charter schools in this regard. The industry controls the number of mechanics? Exactly which industry does the controlling?

Quote Originally Posted by Genoobie View Post

Sadly, the public sector isn't any different. You basically have some people in every sector who are unwilling to do their jobs.

Spot on!

Sadly the same analogy pertains to the residents that will not abide by the town's code on garbage containment. Some speak on the town's and Waste Management's accountability / responsibility re waste management but do little to hold the public slackers accountable for managing their waste products.

Waste Management should be admonished for missing the pickup. However, they respond quickly in coming back to pick up the refuse. The problem lies with weekend pickups and there is currently no way of reaching Waste Management.

As for the public's responsibility, can you imagine the chaos if the town directed Waste Management not to pick up an individual's garbage if it is not contained in a tote with a lid on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    As for the public's responsibility, can you imagine the chaos if the town directed Waste Management not to pick up an individual's garbage if it is not contained in a tote with a lid on it?
    The residents shouldn't have to "rat" on people to get them to abide by the regulations.
    In my neighborhood, pickup is on Mondays, a few neighbors put theirs out on Sunday night memorial week. So, the unlidded cans were out an extra day. I see it on Central Ave in the village too. You'd think some town officials would also see it on their way to work.

I do wish WM would leave the unlidded trash. I can't remember who the previous refuse contractor was but they would leave my trash if it was over the weight limit

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information