Thread: Chief Zack on the future of the police K9 program

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Chief Zack on the future of the police K9 program

I had to remove this thread.

James Herr sent a complaint to our fiber provider that we had his copyrighted original work in this thread. I usually take a snippet of an article, have a link going back to the article and them comment more on the article.

He could have just called or emailed saying "I don't like that your taking snippets and commenting on them" on speakup.

There we go. I should have asked permission but in general other sites like the links back. In the end it tends to increase everyone's traffic.

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...aga-K9-program

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I had to remove this thread.

James Herr sent a complaint to our fiber provider that we had his copyrighted original work in this thread. I usually take a snippet of an article, have a link going back to the article and them comment more on the article.

He could have just called or emailed saying "I don't like that your taking snippets and commenting on them" on speakup.

There we go. I should have asked permission but in general other sites like the links back. In the end it tends to increase everyone's traffic.

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...aga-K9-program
    We have always taken snippets from the Buffalo News, the Bee, Buffalo Pundit, etc. in the past and none of them ever filed a complaint. Sounds like we all have to stop reading the Cheektowaga Chronicle.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The Buffalo News called once. I had their RSS feed going into the news feed forum. Originally it was only pulling in the title and first few sentences with a link to the article. Something changed on their end and it was pulling in the entire article in full. That was a while back. When they changed the format of the site they dropped RSS feeds far as I know.

Keep reading his site. There is good information.

Thread Information