Thread: Blvd. Mall

Blvd. Mall

Congratulations to Nick Sinatra on his successful bid to buy Blvd Mall out of foreclosure. It will be interesting to see what they make of it. Sounds like another village center. At least he recognizes that there are still viable businesses in the mall and he doesn’t appear ready to level it despite Kulpa’s assertions that the mall is a lost cause. Unlike McKinley it still has viable anchor tenants. I’ll be interested to see how the plan to have “over 55” apartments and student apartments together works out. I’ve reached the point in my life where I’ve been in both groups and I have to say that, when in one group, I was not terribly eager to reside side by each with the other. But it’s probably just me.

I think it will look like a much, much scaled down version of this.

https://www.buffalorising.com/wp-con...ardMall1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

I think it will look like a much, much scaled down version of this.

https://www.buffalorising.com/wp-con...ardMall1-1.jpg
    LOL. Unlikely to look anything at all like that... other than the fact that it will have some grass, some buildings, some pavement, and air!

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    LOL. Unlikely to look anything at all like that... other than the fact that it will have some grass, some buildings, some pavement, and air!

And why do you think this?

Like I said before, it will not be as built out but they will build housing around the parameter of the mall. I think you're going to see a mix of student, senior, and lower market rate apartments here.

Leftie, the ones I’ve seen have been heavily built out and, for lack of a better word, close. It’ll be interesting. They have to negotiate with JC Penny, Benderson and another who own their own footprints within the site. That could make for some unusual outcomes. Of course, if disaster strikes and the subway is extended out there it’s likely any constructed apartments will quickly devolve into slums because most responsible people with means won’t want to reside in an area where traffic flows will be disrupted and dirt and filth will predominate for 5 years or more.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would think the wise thing with train mass transit is you would build the layout then build around it. Not try to fit train mass transit on an area already built out. Seems like a lot of destruction to build out track

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    And why do you think this?

Like I said before, it will not be as built out but they will build housing around the parameter of the mall. I think you're going to see a mix of student, senior, and lower market rate apartments here.
    'cuz based on everything Sinatra has said, and has not said, suggests nothing like this. That transit cut though looks cool in concept only. I agree there will be buildings out near the street, no doubt about it.

Thread Information