Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shake up at the shoe shine rag.

The sports department of the Buffalo news is/was pathetic. Every time a player got traded or something major happened with either team the story was broke by someone not even in the state much less the Buffalo News.

What is the point of having local reporters that have to get info from some guy in Chicago ?

That said, could someone provide a link? I googled those names and nothing comes up about them being released
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Steven, search their names and you should find twitter posts from each of them saying adios. Not surprisingly, Sullivan’s was particularly bitter & surly. The shoe sign rag has said squat. I’m interested in whether this spreads to other departments like the (anti)- Business or local and regional. How far is the ship down in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Steven, search their names and you should find twitter posts from each of them saying adios. Not surprisingly, Sullivan’s was particularly bitter & surly. The shoe sign rag has said squat. I’m interested in whether this spreads to other departments like the (anti)- Business or local and regional. How far is the ship down in the water?
    It looks like they were offered a buyout of their contracts.
    Jerry Sullivan

@ByJerrySullivan
    May 29
    More
    I've accepted a buyout today after the News took away my column. They felt my voice was becoming bad for business. It's been a privilege to cover Buffalo sports for 29 years. I wrote for the readers, who deserved a fair, objective and passionate perspective, even when it stung.

Bob DiCesare

@bdicesare59
    May 31
    More
    Tomorrow will be my last day at The News. It’s been a great 36-year ride but my soul says it’s time to move on. So many talented colleagues, so many memories. Thank you. And thank you to those who read over the years. It was an honor to write for fellow WNYers

Bucky Gleason

@ByBuckyGleason
    May 25
    More
    Whether you agreed with my opinions or not over the years, I always understood and embraced the fact that people cared. I must say, for a Buffalo kid who started with taking bowling scores to becoming a columnist at his hometown paper is a pretty cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Disqus is used on more sites I comment on
    it doesn't use my real name
    it won't end up cluttering my FB news feed with stuff related to commenting on articles
    I used to lurk on 4's Disqus messages.Some of those comments were comedic gold.Some of those people got triggered so easily.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information