Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Push Buffalo - Slated for GENTRIFICATION

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    My example wasn't a working couple. That was one government employee.
    But you suggested that only a government employee could afford this type of housing. I don't know a lot of government employees making 160k a year. I know there are a few, and a bunch making six figures though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No I didn't suggest that only a government employee could afford this. I just used that as an example. I know a lot of people who can easily afford that rent and not blink an eye.

“Gentrification” suggests the “Gentry”, the well born. Upper income folks are moving in displacing the locals. It’s another code word used by liberal Democrats. They can’t say that they don’t want white people moving in so they appropriate a word that has coded meaning among the groups. Sorta like “walkable communities” in the suburbs is white liberal Democrat for land use practices designed to keep minorities out but to attach a “progressive” veneer to cover the motives.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    “Gentrification” suggests the “Gentry”, the well born. Upper income folks are moving in displacing the locals. It’s another code word used by liberal Democrats. They can’t say that they don’t want white people moving in so they appropriate a word that has coded meaning among the groups. Sorta like “walkable communities” in the suburbs is white liberal Democrat for land use practices designed to keep minorities out but to attach a “progressive” veneer to cover the motives.
    sarcasm on*/Yeah, I think Grump hit it on the head. The real problem is the reverse discrimination against white people by other white democrats and liberals./sarcasm *off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information