Thread: Measure allowing worker to perform tote inspector duties put on hold

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Measure allowing worker to perform tote inspector duties put on hold

Measure allowing worker to perform tote inspector duties put on hold

In this case I agree with them. Why make another position? Have form in each truck and if a tote looks damaged scribble the address down. After the routes are picked up the drivers usually have a few hours left in the shift anyways. They can throw a few cans into a pickup and swap them out.

I want to know when can we have Modern Disposal or any other company bid on our trash removal?

What are you talking about sitting there? Not any more. The drivers are going to hand in a form with the locations of damaged totes and that employee is going to swap them out.

We don't need to make this or any position permanent.

Why give the position a title? Someone in sanitation swaps the broken totes for new totes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is SO funny

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go read the "debate" on this topic

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300521513802058/

I wanted to see how warranty is handled but can't find any warranty information on the company's website

Here is the company that produces the totes. The website was imprinted on the side.

I see mention of a 10 year warranty but no actual warranty information. I wanted to see if "rat damage" is covered which I don't think would be unless sold as "rat proof"

https://www.rehrigpacific.com

"Husky" Huskylite T14546

I don't see any reference about warranty on the website. Anyone know if these were purchased direct or through a third party?

https://www.rehrigpacific.com

95 Gallon Nestable Bar Roll Out Cart

https://www.rehrigpacific.com/produc...bar-roll-cart/

Proven to with stand the rigors of today’s household refuse, recyclables and organics collection programs;

Backed by 10 year non-prorated warranty <---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meets/Exceeds all ANSI type C & G container standards; Compatible with all ANSI certified Fully and Semi-Automated Lift Arm Lifters

Constructed of high quality, resilient UV-Stabilized HDPE; Ability to include Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) material to support your sustainability goals; Available in a wide range of colors

Continuous one-piece handle provides strong gripping area designed to provide optimum control of a fully loaded cart while the wide wheelbase is designed for easy maneuvering

Lid is of one-piece construction with a lid handle throughout the front of the lid

Carts are shipped with lids already attached reducing assembly time

One piece blow-molded wheels snap on (BMSO) with integrated spacers, taking seconds to assemble

Permanently imprint cart bodies and/or lids with customized Hot Stamp Branding of Logos and Recycling Slogans; Multi-Colored In Mold Labels (IML’s) are also available
    Barcode & Serial Number imprinted to facilitate A&D distribution and manual inventory control and work order tracking

RFID Tag Enabled option provides innovative asset and participation tracking programs powered by RVision

Many additional services and technology offerings available and powered by RVision to improve capital utilization, enhance customer experience and prevent capital and revenue losses

Additional Cart Options: Internal and external locking lids, lid cut outs or vents, locking options, and lid stops

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Warranty-on-Totes

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Looks like Baltimore has the same issue

Baltimore City Rats and Our New Green Trash Cans

Baltimore’s Green City Trash Cans are Rodent Resistant – NOT Rodent Proof

The new trash can initiative is incredibly beneficial, but the population of Baltimore City’s rats is abundant and can be fierce. As unfortunate as it is, we are still seeing plenty of city trash cans chewed through by rodents. They are well-designed cans, but you will need to take extra precautions to avoid attracting rodents and other animals to the garbage on your property.

https://www.brodybrotherspestcontrol...een-trash-cans

Who is providing the cans?
    Schaefer Systems International, Inc., of Charlotte, N.C., won a nationwide, open bid to provide the cans. Schaefer cans are in use in jurisdictions across the country, and recently were adopted in the Maryland towns of Indian Head and LaPlata.

From January 19, 2012

https://www.cheektowagabee.com/news/..._for_town.html

Also during Tuesday’s meeting, Holtz said she is planning to set up a series of public meetings at various sites around town to discuss the possibility of purchasing garbage totes to battle the rat problem. She said she plans to meet with all of the community groups and try to attract as many residents as possible to get a feel for how they think the town should proceed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My final opinion is that there will be very little warranty coverage.

Abuse is not covered and when I called the manufacturer they said no when it came to rats. We are waiting for a "legal opinion" from our legal department.

I even found a "bear proof" tote and it's warranty won't cover being chewed threw. I have the information at home. The warranty specifically says it's not covered.

We don't need a tote inspector.

What we need is better information on the trash side of the website including the mailers. What would be better is we start to privatize everything we can.

Thread Information