Thread: Sheldon Silver guilty in multimillion dollar corruption case

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Sheldon Silver guilty in multimillion dollar corruption case

Sheldon Silver guilty in multimillion dollar corruption case

The ex-speaker of the New York state Assembly Sheldon Silver was found guilty on Friday of selling his office for $4 million in kickbacks — affirming a 2015 conviction on the same charges that had been overturned on appeal.A jury of seven women and five men found Silver, 74, guilty of all seven counts against him, including two counts of honest services mail fraud and money laundering.
    He faces as much as 130 years in prison when sentenced on July 13.
    https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/sheldo...rruption-case/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Let’s all hope Sheldon Silver stays guilty this time

A jury of his peers has found former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver guilty of corruptly abusing his office — again. Let’s hope it sticks this time.

It took less than 24 hours for the jurors to reach guilty verdicts on all seven counts of trading legislative favors for legal referral fees — via cutouts such as an asbestos doctor and various law firms.

Of course, Silver was first convicted in this case back in 2015, but a later US Supreme Court ruling led to the tossing of those verdicts and (eventually) this retrial.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/lets-a...lty-this-time/

I would be surprised if Sheldon Silver serves any jail time.
    He will out on bail until all of his appeals are ruled on and this could take years.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I would be surprised if Sheldon Silver serves any jail time.
    He will out on bail until all of his appeals are ruled on and this could take years.
    Only goes to prove that...wealth buys or delays justice. If the Judge had any balls...he would jail Silver as he will probably expire before this case sees the light of day.

I’m no fan of Sheldon Silver but he’s already won one appeal and I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins another. Didn’t they used to call this stuff “rainmaking” back in the day?

Thread Information