Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lancaster schools new motto “ more then a number “ especially when its not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Lee, I have seen you attack Ron Ruffino and Supervisor Giza over the audit reports of wasting Millions of Lancaster residents tax dollars on The Colecraft snafu.The NYS comptrollers audit of the Lancaster school district states WE Lancaster residents are over taxed and deserve a tax cut.That Lancaster has excess money in the reserve funds.
    Readers exercise your right to vote which ever way you want.
    Lee, In the past I have witnessed you become disheveled at little trinkets in the town budget approx. 37 million. But you give the Lancaster school budget of approx. 107 million a free pass .
    When your nearing the max in your reserve account, open a new reserve account. The Lancaster shell game.

Lee, stock up on the Valium and anti depressants because mandatory garbage totes are coming very soon and the cost will be added to your tax bill.

In the words of a wise accountant I know and respect. Figures do not lie,but liars can figure.
    Do you remember back in October of 2017 when at an open district meeting administration clearly defined the reserve accounts, what was in them, what was restricted for use and what could be used to pay down the budget, and what amount could be legally used to pay down the budget deficit? Remember? Did you ask any questions? Oh, wait a minute, you were a no show.

Did you even stay for this past Monday's budget public hearing and voice any dissent on the spending; any suggestions for reducing the budget? Anything, Greg? Anything?

As for the totes Greg, I will again voice my opposition to their purchase as in the past. However, unlike the school budget I have no official voice in the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Do you remember back in October of 2017 when at an open district meeting administration clearly defined the reserve accounts, what was in them, what was restricted for use and what could be used to pay down the budget, and what amount could be legally used to pay down the budget deficit? Remember? Did you ask any questions? Oh, wait a minute, you were a no show.

Did you even stay for this past Monday's budget public hearing and voice any dissent on the spending; any suggestions for reducing the budget? Anything, Greg? Anything?

As for the totes Greg, I will again voice my opposition to their purchase as in the past. However, unlike the school budget I have no official voice in the decision making.
    At the last school board meeting, the school board did move $2,000,000 out of the unemployment reserve fund to be used to pay off debt. As Dr Vallely and the board do look at the reserves and the current need of such reserves.

Here are the reserve funds and the purposes for those of us who do not attend school board meetings

Fund Balance and Reserves: Funding and Use

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Not really. The best school in the current rankings is South and that's very much a middle-class area similar to Lancaster.
    This may have changed but my understanding was Williamsville students could choose which HS to attend. Friends of my family went to South by choice, but lived closer to North and East. They graduated in 98 and 03 though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information