Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster politics Groundhog Day Part2

Lancaster politics Groundhog Day Part2

BOARD MEMBERS' FAMILY ACCUSED OF INFILTRATING PARTY

By NIKI CERVANTES AND HAROLD MCNEIL and NIKI CERVANTES AND ANTHONY CARDINALE and NIKI CERVANTES AND BECKY OSVATH and NIKI CERVANTES AND JANE KWIATKOWSKI and LOU MICHEL AND NIKI CERVANTES and JERRY ZREMSKI AND NIKI CERVANTES and LEN DELMAR AND NIKI CERVANTES and MARY PASCIAK AND NIKI CERVANTES and NIKI CERVANTES and NIKI CERVANTES AND ELMER PLOETZ | Published

The surprise defections to a rival political party by the wife of Lancaster's supervisor and the wife and daughter of two allies has set off a round of angry finger-pointing and accusations.
    But it is not Supervisor Robert H. Giza, a Democrat, who is upset by his wife's decision to switch political allegiances.
    The one feeling betrayed here is Hank Gull, the leader of the town's Independence Party -- and an unabashed Giza detractor.
    Much to Gull's dismay, his party now counts Giza's wife, Carol, as one of its newer members. Joining her are Michele Montour, the wife of Councilman Mark Montour, and Danielle Ruffino, the daughter of Councilman Ronald Ruffino.
    [COLOR=#777777 !important]ADVERTISEMENT

"They are infiltrators," Gull said of the women. "They were deployed on the slim chance that they might be able to do some good later on. It is very devious."
    Both Giza and Ruffino denied that allegation. Montour did not return calls to comment.
    "My wife isn't political," Giza said. "She just wanted to be Independence. This is America. You can join any political party you want."
    Gull says the new members managed to get enough signatures to force the Independence Party's endorsed candidates into a potentially damaging primary Sept. 9.
    Now Lancaster Mayor William G. Cansdale, a Republican running against Giza in the November election, will have to fight to retain the Independence Party line against Nicholas Sherwood, a Depew village trustee.
    And the party's two endorsed candidates for the town board, Daniel R. Centinello and Kenneth L.O'Brien III, will run against Michael Myszka.
    Both Sherwood and Myszka were leaders in the Independence Party before Gull took over. He accuses them of joining forces with the Democrats in an effort to regain control of the party.
    "It's a contrivance, that's for sure," he said.
    Neither Sherwood nor Myszka could be reached to comment.
    After learning there would be a primary, Gull said he checked the party's registration rolls and learned that the three women had all joined in October, within 12 days of each other.
    They were part of a wave of 40 new members who had joined since 2002 alone, more than two-thirds of them Democrats and 20 of whom had registered in October, according to Board of Elections records.
    Giza said the timing of his wife's registration was a coincidence, and that his wife had no idea Michele Montour or Danielle Ruffino had also joined.
    Cansdale -- widely considered the strongest opponent Giza has faced in years -- said he believed the family members had been sent to the Independence Party to force him into a primary.
    "I think they're there to make mischief," he said.
    The flap underscores the importance of the town's minor parties in the election this fall. The race for supervisor in particular is expected to be so close that either the Independence Party or Conservative Party could bring in the winner.
    The Independence Party has 727 members, according to the Board of Elections, or 2.87 percent of the registered voters. The Conservative Party has 669 members, or 2.64 percent.
    Overall, 41 percent of the voters in Lancaster are Democrats; 30 percent are Republicans. Almost 23 percent of the voters are unaffiliated.
    e-mail: ncervantes@buffnews.com

[/COLOR]

Since you are going way, way, way back, can you favor readers with the story of your birth:

SPAWN IN A GUTTER!

Man of La Mancha - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_La_Mancha

I see a lot of similarities.

Just saying!

Breezy, your threats of violence and attacking me at Lancaster Town board meetings is very typical of ANTIFA tactics.I will stay the course.
    Readers this is a Buffalo News article of the true history of the Lancaster Democrat party. While some say it is unethical,lack of character, or dirty politics but it is not illegal. It is to bad Hank Gull had to stand alone.Some men act and some men keyboard.Lee Chowaniac was in his prime at the time but what do you expect from a blank?
    Groundhog Day the names and plot are still the same.
    Thankfully the Sabres tanked and dancing in the aisles is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Breezy, your threats of violence and attacking me at Lancaster Town board meetings is very typical of ANTIFA tactics.I will stay the course.
    Oh, Please!

That's so "old hat," Greg.

From what I recall, the harassment came from YOU!

I realized after reading your latest post, that I may need to dumb my Man of La Mancha quip down, a bit.

The reference is to Tilting at Windmills, pretty much a mainstay for Greg Sojka.

"Tilting at windmills is an English idiom that means attacking imaginary enemies. The expression is derived from the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, and the word "tilt" in this context comes from jousting. The phrase is sometimes used to describe either confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied heroic, romantic, or idealistic justifications. It may also connote an importune, unfounded, and vain effort against adversaries real or imagined for a vain goal." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills

Interesting how the 2003 (yes, readers, 2003 - nearly fifteen years ago) story mentions a man named "William G. Cransdale" - not exactly a man of the past and certainly not known for righteousness or propriety; funny, kinda like you, Greg. Is this man's career in the rear view mirror ????

Isn't this GOP pork and patronage pup currently running a political operation out of the Village Highway Barn ?????

And Mr. Gull ????? Not someone I recall being right and proper.

I do not know what you are talking about.The last meeting I attended was the April 16 Town board meeting. I did not harass anyone at the meeting. The police did not respond to any harassment at the meet.The media did not respond to any harassment at the meeting.
    If you,or others had any evidence of harassment at that meeting,why didn’t you ask the police for help,or is Speak Up WNY the new 911 number?
    I guess harassment is in the eyes of the wishful beholder(s).

I did not harass anyone at the meeting. The police did not respond to any harassment at the meet.The media did not respond to any harassment at the meeting.
    If you,or others had any evidence of harassment at that meeting,why didn’t you ask the police for help,or is Speak Up WNY the new 911 number?
    I guess harassment is in the eyes of the wishful beholder(s).
    Greg, the more you whimper with your denials the more guilty you look.

I will stay the course.
    Good.

You should.

Between you and Mark Blazejewski, it's a laugh a minute.

But, pity the sorry fellas.

People aren't laughing with you.

They're laughing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Greg, the more you whimper with your denials the more guilty you look.

Good.

You should.

Between you and Mark Blazejewski, it's a laugh a minute.

But, pity the sorry fellas.

People aren't laughing with you.

They're laughing at you.

Unless you are just stalking and harassing me, why are you bringing me into this conversation?

I was not at any such meeting.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 27th, 2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: To get "Breezy" off; God only knows, nothing else can!

Readers this is a Buffalo News article of the true history of the Lancaster Democrat party. While some say it is unethical,lack of character, or dirty politics but it is not illegal. It is to bad Hank Gull had to stand alone.Some men act and some men keyboard.Lee Chowaniac was in his prime at the time but what do you expect from a blank?
    Well Greg as you continue to bring my name into every almost every post regardless of content, and in an incorrect and mean-spirited manner to discredit my integrity, let’s dance.

Your #1 and #2 posts were nothing more than at least 15 year-old cut-and-paste news articles that have no relevance in today’s Lancaster political status.

Your intent is politically motivated to disparage councilman Ruffino and to augment Bill Cansdale’s position should he choose to run and be endorsed for Town Supervisor by the Republican Party in 2019. Shallow, Greg and very transparent in intent.

As for Mr. Gull, Mr. Johnny come lately, he did not stand alone – not by a long shot. Check the Speakup archives and you will find reports written by me and several other posters on the matter. More BS and lies on your part, Mr. disingenuous.

Geez, are you this stupid or do you have someone helping you?

Alligator Arms Chowaniac, we all can see see that even back in 2003 your all Gator,big mouth and short arms when it comes time to pick up the bill. Hank Gull tried to fight the Lancaster Democrat machine and Gator flailed on the keyboard and history repeats itself. Groundhog Day !

Hank Gull was the chairman of the party being invaded. Lee, as a blank, would have no standing, IMHO.

Georgia L Schlager

Is Cansdale running against JoHanna Coleman next year for the Supervisor seat? He is still the Superintendent for the Lancaster Village HWY Department right?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Is Cansdale running against JoHanna Coleman next year for the Supervisor seat? He is still the Superintendent for the Lancaster Village HWY Department right?
    I didn't think Johanna was running when she stated, "I haven't thought about it but I'm going to limit my term.", when asked by Sojka if she was for or against term limits. I interpreted that as this was her one and only term.

The DPW position is an appointed position, isn't it?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I didn't think Johanna was running when she stated, "I haven't thought about it but I'm going to limit my term.", when asked by Sojka if she was for or against term limits. I interpreted that as this was her one and only term.

The DPW position is an appointed position, isn't it?

Oh, from what I heard she will run if Ron Ruffino throws his hat in for the Supervisor's seat. I also heard that Kristen McCracken is considering a run for the council seat.

Well, wouldn't that be similar with Lancaster. Danny was voted in, wouldn't Cansdale's highway department seat also be an elected position?

Oh, from what I heard she will run if Ron Ruffino throws his hat in for the Supervisor's seat. I also heard that Kristen McCracken is considering a run for the council seat.

Well, wouldn't that be similar with Lancaster. Danny was voted in, wouldn't Cansdale's highway department seat also be an elected position?
    From an old buffalo News article

William G. Cansdale Jr. resigned Monday night as Lancaster's mayor to accept an appointment as the village's superintendent of public works.
    Cansdale, who will earn $70,000 per year in the full-time post, earned the highest score among the candidates who took the Civil Service exam to fill the vacant position, according to paperwork from the Erie County Personnel Department provided to The Buffalo News.

Georgia L Schlager

The difference with Dan and Bill is that Dan is a Highway Superintendent which is an elected position. A Public Works Superintendent is a civil service position. If the village chose to reclassify the Public Works Department as a Highway Department, then the person running it would have to be elected. It is an interesting distinction.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information