Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie displaces longtime resident Bumbalo

Newbie displaces longtime resident Bumbalo

Active community member Judge Bumbalo was left out as an endorsed democrat. I can not understand why they picked a new young resident over a man that has given so much time and service to the Village?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What do you think the reasoning would be? How as he as a Judge?

As a judge he’s a Bumbalo!

I have met and worked / volunteered with Paul Bumbalo and am also wondering why they would not select a candidate with experience ( village of Lancaster and Depew judge ) to run ? Paul has donated his time , money , and experience to non profit groups in Lancaster/Depew. To select a newer Lancaster resident with little experience seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    I have met and worked / volunteered with Paul Bumbalo and am also wondering why they would not select a candidate with experience ( village of Lancaster and Depew judge ) to run ? Paul has donated his time , money , and experience to non profit groups in Lancaster/Depew. To select a newer Lancaster resident with little experience seems odd.
    I have been impressed with Justice Colby and intend to support him. IMHO, he is eminently qualified for the position that he currently holds, and is deserving of another term.

As for Paul, he has lived in the Lancaster and Depew area most, if not all, of his life. I remember his mom and dad as great people. I went to college with him, and I always found him to be an engaging person with a unique sense of humor.

Therefore, had it been a Colby-Bumbalo race, I would have had a rather perplexing personal decision to make.

As for the "newbie," I do not know what would have compelled the endorsement over Paul. It seems to me, just a guess, that the endorsed either must tower in experience and rating over Paul, or, perhaps dwarf him in the worlds of connections and chits to be claimed.

Who knows?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 25th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

I know little of Mr. Bumbalo’s professional life and record as a Judge. That said, I have to say that the Democratic Party enhanced their chances of victory by endorsing a young woman with an impressive bio. IMHO, Colby would have soundly defeated Bumbalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I know little of Mr. Bumbalo’s professional life and record as a Judge. That said, I have to say that the Democratic Party enhanced their chances of victory by endorsing a young woman with an impressive bio. IMHO, Colby would have soundly defeated Bumbalo.
    Mr. C., let's hope that the campaign honors the worlds of judicial temperament and qualifications, and is virtuously waged on a level playing field, free from the stench of identity politics.

A judicial seat is far too important, and impacts far too many lives, and must not sacrificed on the alters of slick packaging or political opportunism, IMHO. Politics needs to take a back seat to the fair, equal, and competent administration of justice, period.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 25th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

IMHO, I believe Justice Colby has the desire to move on to bigger and better things if the opportunity arises.
    I think this position is just a stepping stone for him. I'm not saying that that is good or bad, just an opinion.

What about Bumbalo and Kulpet? Anyone know?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    IMHO, I believe Justice Colby has the desire to move on to bigger and better things if the opportunity arises.
    I think this position is just a stepping stone for him. I'm not saying that that is good or bad, just an opinion.

What about Bumbalo and Kulpet? Anyone know?
    Isn't it the desire for the greater majority of politicos to move on to bigger and better things? Isn't that actually why Bumbalo and Kulpet showed interest in the Town Justice position?

I like the fact that Colby has already served in other prestigious positions, has a great resume and is deserving of being re-elected - IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Isn't it the desire for the greater majority of politicos to move on to bigger and better things? Isn't that actually why Bumbalo and Kulpet showed interest in the Town Justice position?

I like the fact that Colby has already served in other prestigious positions, has a great resume and is deserving of being re-elected - IMHO!
    At the moment, I really don't have a horse in this race.

Georgia L Schlager

2018-05-03 / Local News

Print article Print
    Bumbalo becomes newest candidate for town justice

Bumbalo
    Bumbalo
    Paul Bumbalo, Lancaster village justice, has announced his candidacy for Lancaster town justice.

Bumbalo said his decision came after he had an opportunity to review recent articles about the two announced candidates for the town justice position.

“I believe that my background, experience and commitment to the Lancaster community are far superior to the other candidates,” he said.

Bumbalo began his judicial service to Lancaster when he took the oath of office as judge in 1997.

He has presided over thousands of criminal cases, ranging from bank robbery to domestic assaults to drugs to DWIs. He has also presided over civil cases such as small claims and building code violations.

Bumbalo has more than 35 years of experience in a variety of local, state and federal courts, including service as prosecutor, and has attended and participated in seminars, conferences and classes involving multiple current judicial legal topics.

For the past 20 years, Bumbalo said he has protected and advocated for the educational rights of children, ensuring appropriate educational services and placement for students.

Education is a fundamental component to making a meaningful contribution to the community, according to Bumbalo.

In acknowledgement of Bumbalo’s judicial experience and credentials, Bumbalo has been selected to serve the Village of Depew as its associate judge and has been honored by his fellow town and village judges by being elected vice president of the Erie County Magistrates Association, a group of town and village judges.

Bumbalo has been a practicing lawyer for 38 years, and has maintained a law office in Lancaster for 20 years.

This allows him to respond quickly to law enforcement needs for arraignments and search warrants. This is an important aspect of running an efficient court and facilitates returning the patrol officers back to the road, according to Bumbalo.

Bumbalo has also initiated a community service program that requires individuals convicted of an alcohol related offense to perform community service hours at the St Mary’s of the Assumption Cemetery.

The goal is to raise awareness of the consequences of drinking and driving.

According to Bumbalo, the program’s success has allowed its scope to be expanded, and community service participants assisted the Bryce Buchholz Foundation toward its goal of building the BMX skate park in Lancaster.

In addition, Bumbalo has been working with Kids Escaping Drugs to establish a diversion program to educate and steer youths away from drugs before they get addicted.

He is a solo practitioner, with exposure to a variety of cases. In his law practice, Bumbalo concentrates on family law and is familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence cases. This experience carries over while exercising judicial authority to protect victims so they cannot be intimidated.

Bumbalo is a St. Mary’s High School graduate, with deep roots in the community, having lived on the same street for more than 30 years with his wife, Marlene, raising two daughters Joette and Christina.

The judge is also active with Sertoma, Ponytails, Boys and Girls Club, the Chris Griswold 5-K, for which he was selected as one of St. Mary’s Alumni of the Year. He is also a member of the Moose and Elks clubs.

What is the newbie going to do now? Another candidate has entered the election. LCSDtaxpayer called it early!

No offense to Bumbalo, but Colby is an incumbent. To date, he has done an outstanding job. And to add from Lee's post, it is with expectation that people grow in their positions. This is not a negative.

Didn't Bumbalo throw his hat in the arena rather late?

Of course the Democrats are spearheading a female leadership, this is no surprise. And with that said, that is great. Why must we find contenders a negative. Thank goodness there are people out there still willing to run for a political position or Judge position....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Colby is an incumbent.
    Oh yeah!

Everyone is super keen on incumbent politicians these days.

LOL

Antifa Breezy, so is Diana Terranova in trouble ? As per your comment she is an incumbent also.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Oh yeah!

Everyone is super keen on incumbent politicians these days.

LOL

Well, if I had to say so myself, Colby has done a great job so far. No one can dispute that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information