Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie displaces longtime resident Bumbalo

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Antifa Breezy, so is Diana Terranova in trouble ? As per your comment she is an incumbent also.

Actually yes Terranova is in trouble, rumblings within the Democratic Party -- who is the favorite and who is not.....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Actually yes Terranova is in trouble, rumblings within the Democratic Party -- who is the favorite and who is not.....
    Can't imagine why Terranova would be in trouble. The town Dem party posted her re-election fundraiser event.
    She has been great in the transparency department.
    She usually has the audio recording of the meetings posted on the town website the day following the meeting that she attended.
    Got the ball rolling on the online dog license renewal.
    Has provided a link on the website for Newsletter signup to receive -
    Zoning board agendas and minutes, Planning board agendas and minutes, Town board agendas and minutes and Emergency alerts.
    Has provided a link for a Freedom of Information Request form on the front page of the town's website.

I hope she cruises right in for another term.

Disclaimer: I did not vote for her in the last election

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Can't imagine why Terranova would be in trouble. The town Dem party posted her re-election fundraiser event.
    She has been great in the transparency department.
    She usually has the audio recording of the meetings posted on the town website the day following the meeting that she attended.
    Got the ball rolling on the online dog license renewal.
    Has provided a link on the website for Newsletter signup to receive -
    Zoning board agendas and minutes, Planning board agendas and minutes, Town board agendas and minutes and Emergency alerts.
    Has provided a link for a Freedom of Information Request form on the front page of the town's website.

I hope she cruises right in for another term.

Disclaimer: I did not vote for her in the last election
    Actually, Terranova has done a credible job but is in trouble because she is locked at the hip with Coleman and neither are politically favored by the newly elected Democratic Party regime.

It's too bad that someone's competency is judged by the company that they keep not the quality of their work

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's too bad that someone's competency is judged by the company that they keep not the quality of their work

Ah, the old 'guilt by association' game where the good one does is overshadowed by the, " Hey, I once saw him or her kick a rat." Yes, its supposedly just politics but it sucks all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Ah, the old 'guilt by association' game where the good one does is overshadowed by the, " Hey, I once saw him or her kick a rat." Yes, its supposedly just politics but it sucks all the same.
    Sadly Lee, your statement rings truth. It is also my understanding that Dave Marrano plans on possibly throwing in his hat for the Supervisory seat next year. I really like Dave Marrano a lot, my only concern is that Ron Giza is his best friend. Scott Pease wants a shot at the seat as well. Lancaster has an interesting year next year. Matt & Dawn has some folks who are interested in their seats, we won't speak of those folks at this time. Ron Ruffino seems to be in a quandary now, he is not 100% sure if running for the Supervisory seat will land him a win.....

Sadly Lee, your statement rings truth. It is also my understanding that Dave Marrano plans on possibly throwing in his hat for the Supervisory seat next year. I really like Dave Marrano a lot, my only concern is that Ron Giza is his best friend. Scott Pease wants a shot at the seat as well. Lancaster has an interesting year next year. Matt & Dawn has some folks who are interested in their seats, we won't speak of those folks at this time. Ron Ruffino seems to be in a quandary now, he is not 100% sure if running for the Supervisory seat will land him a win.....
    At this time rumors and speculation run rampant on what individuals will be interested in vying for 2019 Town of Lancaster elective offices and whether those individuals will be considered viable candidates to receive political party endorsements. 17 months to election is a long way off and anything can happen to have a future impact.

I find it odd that you agree with my ‘guilt by association’ take but then use the Ron Giza analogy to cast shade on Marrano. That is a game well played by the Lancaster Democratic Party. And from the way Ruffino thanked Giza for his help in getting him re-elected doesn't it appear that Ruffino has Giza's ear and support?

Then again, Democratic Party Chair Mr. McCracken will have much to say as who gets the Supervisor endorsement.

As for Scott Pease, isn't he a Republican? I heard VOL Highway Superintendent Bill Cansdale is the fair-haired boy for the Republican Party nod. What sayest thou?

Odds maker Ron, at the Lancaster Boys and Girls club gambling association has a long list of names being added to list of contenders for the Lancaster election. Odds on favorites are likely to be replaced by a dark horse. Look at the Las Vegas Golden Knights. Gambling in NYS is not legal but when more family and friends need Town or Village jobs anything goes. Ron try to aspire to an Erie County Water Authority job or Erie County Board of Elections positions for your family and friends. History repeats itself . Pulling the pawns out of the Conservative party and replanting them in the Indepence Party. The donation list for the newbie is most impressive !!!! I donate a couple hundred and am called poor and the major player.What do you call a new 3 year resident newbie that donates thousands?

I donate a couple hundred and am called poor and the major player.What do you call a new 3 year resident newbie that donates thousands?
    If the thousands are not being donated to a truly philanthropic cause, benefactor with a purpose.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 12th, 2018 at 07:55 AM.

No offense to Bumbalo, but Colby is an incumbent. To date, he has done an outstanding job. And to add from Lee's post, it is with expectation that people grow in their positions. This is not a negative.

Didn't Bumbalo throw his hat in the arena rather late?

Of course the Democrats are spearheading a female leadership, this is no surprise. And with that said, that is great. Why must we find contenders a negative. Thank goodness there are people out there still willing to run for a political position or Judge position....
    Agree that Colby deserves to be re-elected based on his past and current public office performances, his private law practice performance and his sincerity and credibility.

If he manages to get the Conservative and Independence Party endorsements his re- election victory would appear certain.

In the race for Town Justice, keep a sharp and clear eye on the Independence Party. Just ask Bob Leary.

image.jpg. Readers $4,452.00 in political donations from the newbie for Lancaster town judge . Newbie is a big donor to A$$embly woman profe$$or Monica Wallace. I wonder if she thinks it works like the ECWA? You receive a political appointee job and make monthly donations to the party bosses? Ohh no gotta go watch the CH. 2 report on the ECWA! State report says they are not ethical, shady deals, payouts, non transparent , and abuse executive session. Will the new ECWA secretary clean this mess up ? Or use the Lancaster school district response ' it is just an opinion' ! Somethings real stink up Lancaster like pay to play, political appointee jobs, career politicians , and illegal gambling in the Boys and Girls club. Did some politician send out a mailer about ethics ?? Those old boys clubs need to GO! For the sake of the common Lancaster taxpayer.

image.jpg. Readers $4,452.00 in political donations from the newbie for Lancaster town judge . Newbie is a big donor to A$$embly woman profe$$or Monica Wallace. I wonder if she thinks it works like the ECWA? You receive a political appointee job and make monthly donations to the party bosses? Ohh no gotta go watch the CH. 2 report on the ECWA! State report says they are not ethical, shady deals, payouts, non transparent , and abuse executive session. Will the new ECWA secretary clean this mess up ? Or use the Lancaster school district response ' it is just an opinion' ! Somethings real stink up Lancaster like pay to play, political appointee jobs, career politicians , and illegal gambling in the Boys and Girls club. Did some politician send out a mailer about ethics ?? Those old boys clubs need to GO! For the sake of the common Lancaster taxpayer.
    Does that include the $450 she gave Ms. Wallace in 2016. and where there any contributions to the other ethics crusader Mr. Bruso in 2017?

Readers of speak up , does it seem odd that a new resident to Lancaster (3 years) appears on the Lancaster political scene,tosses a really large amount of money around and SHAZAM gets the Lancaster democrat endorsement? Seems like a rerun of the Erie County Water Authority pay to play. Just something to ponder. Remember figures do not lie,but liars can figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Agree that Colby deserves to be re-elected based on his past and current public office performances, his private law practice performance and his sincerity and credibility.

If he manages to get the Conservative and Independence Party endorsements his re- election victory would appear certain.
    Wait, do we not know whether or not he garnered the endorsements from both parties?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information