Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Town finally sells Hovercraft

Town finally sells Hovercraft

http://cheektowagatownny.iqm2.com/ci...60&Inline=True

Looks like this this chapter can finally be closed

At least we only lost 50,000.00 of our money for something that was never used!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder how much Universal Hovercraft will make flipping the hover craft

Heavy duty hovercraft for the toughest jobs
    The 19XR-IC is the only light hovercraft designed specifically for operating effectively in harsh commercial and industrial environments. Our commercial hovercraft will bring workers and equipment to places not accessible by conventional vehicles. Most hovercraft being sold for this purpose are converted recreational hovercraft. Our commercial hovercraft was designed from the onset to operate consistently in a tough working environment hauling difficult payloads over rough terrain.

UH-19XR-IC Industrial Commercial System - 135 hp

$69,800

UH-19XR-IC Industrial Commercial System - 52 hp

$64,400

http://hovercraft.com/content/index....ex&cPath=1_113

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I wonder how much Universal Hovercraft will make flipping the hover craft

Heavy duty hovercraft for the toughest jobs
    The 19XR-IC is the only light hovercraft designed specifically for operating effectively in harsh commercial and industrial environments. Our commercial hovercraft will bring workers and equipment to places not accessible by conventional vehicles. Most hovercraft being sold for this purpose are converted recreational hovercraft. Our commercial hovercraft was designed from the onset to operate consistently in a tough working environment hauling difficult payloads over rough terrain.

UH-19XR-IC Industrial Commercial System - 135 hp

$69,800

UH-19XR-IC Industrial Commercial System - 52 hp

$64,400

http://hovercraft.com/content/index....ex&cPath=1_113
    This unit sat outside for 5 years with no maintenance along with reported engine damage from the training that was done, I’m surprised it sold for more than scrap value

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Totally fine with getting rid of it. Just a waste of money. In the end though it was just a few bucks on our tax bills. People are not leaving the town because of the hovercraft.

Totally fine with getting rid of it. Just a waste of money. In the end though it was just a few bucks on our tax bills. People are not leaving the town because of the hovercraft.

Few bucks here, few bucks there, adds up to people leaving the town

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    At least we only lost 50,000.00 of our money for something that was never used!

You simply can not blame Mark for this. You have have to blame the entire group involved.

Go read some of the facebook comments

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/lo...raft/545327929

When a dept head puts in a request to buy certain equipment is it up to town board members to research each request before they approve? If the highway supt says I would like to buy 2 trucks and a loader this year, do the board members do their own research or do they put their faith in the person who heads the dept to purchase needed equipment? If accounting needs new software to stay current, I would expect that the town accountant would submit a request and board members would approve based on the fact that the town accountant has done his homework and is the expert in that field

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I thought it was ironic Jerry making a statement about

About 1:10 into the video

"Does it raise judgement questions for you"

My comment "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

So they want the 20k to go to Youth and Recreation?

How about this. Fix potholes, maybe some maintenance on town owned buildings or put it back into the general fund.

See Jim at the end of the video?

"let's use that money to build our future, our kids and use that as part of our youth and recreation".

We spend more than enough on youth and recreation currently. People are not leaving the town because of not enough "youth and recreation" activities.

Are you actually trying to Spin this to Jerry RES? If this isn't a pure and simple lack of judement from HIGHWAY and EVERY board member who voted for this then tell me what it is? He wasn't on the board when voted on to purchase hover craft? Anyone with 10% of a functioning brain would have laughed at the proposition of buying a hover craft for the town of Cheektowaga. Let's pass the drunken blame on soley Mark Wegner and the Board members that approved this purchase!

Mark Wegner NEEDS TO RESIGN as he is as incompetent as they come with running a department and spending our money!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    When a dept head puts in a request to buy certain equipment is it up to town board members to research each request before they approve? If the highway supt says I would like to buy 2 trucks and a loader this year, do the board members do their own research or do they put their faith in the person who heads the dept to purchase needed equipment? If accounting needs new software to stay current, I would expect that the town accountant would submit a request and board members would approve based on the fact that the town accountant has done his homework and is the expert in that field

If I was supervisor I'd skim all purchases like that. It's out of the ordinary. You literally can't micromanage every purchase but that would throw up a flag for review.

I remember Mark stopping in to justify the purchase. He said they were going to make standing platforms on the hover craft to stand on. They would then be able to use chainsaws to remove the fallen limbs.

Could you just picture a boat bobbing up and down in the water while standing on a mounted platform holding a chain saw. I don't think osha would have approved of that.

The quote of "if it could save just one life" makes it worth it is a bit over used and lame.

Hover Craft

You should have asked him about the VACATION they provided for him to come to plant!

If I was supervisor I'd skim all purchases like that. It's out of the ordinary. You literally can't micromanage every purchase but that would throw up a flag for review.

I remember Mark stopping in to justify the purchase. He said they were going to make standing platforms on the hover craft to stand on. They would then be able to use chainsaws to remove the fallen limbs.

Could you just picture a boat bobbing up and down in the water while standing on a mounted platform holding a chain saw. I don't this osha would have approved of that.

The quote of "if it could save just one life" makes it worth it is a bit over used and lame.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You should have asked him about the VACATION they provided for him to come to plant!
    If it was a trip out to learn about the hover craft when it was purchased I would be fine with that. If it was a vacation to like Cancun then I think there would be a problem.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Are you actually trying to Spin this to Jerry RES? If this isn't a pure and simple lack of judement from HIGHWAY and EVERY board member who voted for this then tell me what it is? He wasn't on the board when voted on to purchase hover craft? Anyone with 10% of a functioning brain would have laughed at the proposition of buying a hover craft for the town of Cheektowaga. Let's pass the drunken blame on soley Mark Wegner and the Board members that approved this purchase!

Mark Wegner NEEDS TO RESIGN as he is as incompetent as they come with running a department and spending our money!
    I am not spinning the hovercraft on Jerry at all. I mean in general when it comes to judgement on town matters.

Who did vote for this when it came up? Who was on our town board?

What is up with Alice and Jim wanting the 20k for recreation?

It goes back to highway and used for highway issues or goes back to the general fund to cover cost increases.

http://cheektowagatownny.iqm2.com/Ci...91&Inline=True

Ayes, Holtz, Jaworowicz, Swiatek, Rogowski, Zydel, Markel, Kaznowski,

So only 2 left on the board that voted for this waste of money

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information