Thread: Cheektowaga Police officer fired

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cheektowaga Police officer fired

How interesting.

Cheektowaga Police officer fired after relationship with sex offender

CHEEKTOWAGA – The Cheektowaga Town Council took action Tuesday night in removing a Cheektowaga police officer from the job following an investigation he had engaged in a relationship with a female registered sex offender while on-duty.

An internal affairs investigation into Officer Dominic Schwartz’s actions was started last December after the sex offender’s probation officer reported the conduct to police brass.

Assistant Chief of Police Jim Speyer tells Cheektowaga Chronicle that Mr. Schwartz was suspended last week and was terminated by the town board after an internal affairs investigation found the allegations to have merit. The department could not comment on the specifics of the investigation saying it was a personnel matter.
    https://cheektowagachronicle.com/che...-sex-offender/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cheekman?

A lawyer for the woman, Jessica Huber, tells Cheektowaga Chronicle that Mr. Schwartz advertised personal services for a “real man in uniform” on the website Craigslist.
    Please comment on that.

Honored Cheektowaga police officer fired

Here is an idiot. What is wrong with these people. Looks like Zack has his hands full keeping an eye on his troops. He has had some real goofballs over the past years from a guy like this to the troops getting DWI's. Who does the evaluations on them before they are hired? The gorialla from the highway dept. Wait lets give Zack another 7 grand for putting up with the troops.

Honored Cheektowaga police officer fired after probe involving sex offender.
    A Cheektowaga police officer who months ago helped chase down a shooter at a Dollar General store has been fired, a town police spokesman said Thursday.

Officer Dominic Schwartz, who had been with the department about 15 years, was terminated this week after an internal investigation, Assistant Police Chief James Speyer said.

While neither Speyer nor Police Chief David J. Zack would state the nature of the internal investigation, The Buffalo News learned the probe began months ago and focused on the officer's conduct with a registered sex offender in the town.

A lawyer for the offender, Matthew Albert of Buffalo, told The News that his client gave a lengthy statement to the town's internal investigators about her contact with Schwartz. Further, the woman told The News that she and Schwartz, 40, talked online about sex before he came to her home three times while in uniform.

The woman, Jessica D. Huber, 41, told The News that the contact began when she answered Schwartz's post on Craigslist late last year. She said he came to her house even after she told him she was a registered sex offender.We have standards that need to be met," Zack said Thursday. "It's my job as chief to make sure they are maintained."

"There are some things we can correct through training and counsel, and some things we cannot," he continued. "With this officer, there was no counsel or training that was going to be effective." The only remedy was termination, Zack said.

Huber is a level-two, or medium-risk, sex offender who had been convicted of sexual abuse in Monroe County. The victim was a 5-year-old boy. A co-defendant was sentenced to five years in state prison, and Huber was sentenced to 10 years' probation.

Because she resides in Cheektowaga, Huber was overseen by the Erie County Probation Department. Her probation officer began moves to revoke her probation after learning of her online chats, said Albert, her lawyer.

When Huber told the probation officer about Schwartz, the probation officer alerted the Cheektowaga Police Department and the internal probe began, Albert said.

Zack, the police chief, confirmed his department learned of the matter from the Erie County Probation Department. He said his team called the FBI for assistance, to determine whether the officer used his police authority to engage in the misconduct. But the FBI found Schwartz's acts, which occurred both on- and off-duty, did not rise to the level of a crime, though he did violate department rules, Zack said.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Schwartz, Dominic M Cheektowaga $89,560 NYSLRS - Police & Fir

Remember add all the bene's and health insurance he's paid on top of that.

6 figures down the tube.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mr. Speyer says he was not aware that the department had yet received any notice from the Cheektowaga Police Benevolent Association saying they were fighting the termination.

A call to the Cheektowaga Police Benevolent Association was not immediately returned.
    If group says anything about this as a property owner we need this group terminated.

Fire the guy an move on.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Schwartz, Dominic M Cheektowaga $89,560 NYSLRS - Police & Fir

Remember add all the bene's and health insurance he's paid on top of that.

6 figures down the tube.
    What a waste of a career! The news tonight said 15 years as a cop. This guy was not thinking or just figured I am a cop I can do whatever.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This one issue doesn't reflect on town board or the department. This is all on him.

A child molester no less in a uniform that represents our town.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    What a waste of a career! The news tonight said 15 years as a cop. This guy was not thinking or just figured I am a cop I can do whatever.
    The term is "following the little head into battle." That it is a cop doesn't make it much different than say, a President. But he is not the first.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This one issue doesn't reflect on town board or the department. This is all on him.

A child molester no less in a uniform that represents our town.
    You do know that the cop is not an registered sex offender, right? The girlfriend is.

b.b.

From HERO, too ZERO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    You do know that the cop is not an registered sex offender, right? The girlfriend is.

b.b.
    Yep.. I read the article.

I'm pretty sure most departments don't want their officers having relationships with people on parole or registered as sex offenders

She said he came to her house even after she told him she was a registered sex offender

Far as we know she could have lied to him but we don't know.

officer's conduct with a registered sex offender in the town
    I'm surprised he didn't look up the name just out of curiosity.

I don't know where you would draw the line on anything like this in general.

Seeing she was on parole & registered child molester he should have know better if she told him.

Once again this doesn't reflect against the town board or the department. This is all on him. UNLESS they knew about this and turned a blind eye to the matter. From the article it looks like they did what they were supposed to do.

If the union wants to defend this which is clearly not in the best interest of our town they also need to be terminated. I won't budget an inch on something like this.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I read how I posted it.. I see why you asked me if I knew..

The woman was...

The cop wasn't...

I worded that incorrectly.

Thread Information