Thread: I am going to City Hall tomorrow for a copy of my Birth Certificate

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I am going to City Hall tomorrow for a copy of my Birth Certificate

I am going to City Hall tomorrow for a copy of my Birth Certificate

What is the easiest place to park? They open up at 8:30 so I'll be there early.

Park in the post office lot behind city hall across Elmwood. It’s close, it’s free if you go in and buy a stamp.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank you..

Just be careful. Parking is limited to P.O. customers. That’s why you buy a stamp or drop of a letter.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That was like totally painless.

Got up extra early to city hall. I didn't take your advice about the PO parking lot because I didn't want a 50 cent stamp turning into a $50 dollar parking ticket.

I parked in a lot that ended up costing 3 bucks.

Here was my view when I got there.

Just about got cavity searched entering City Hall. I didn't know if they were opened. There was absolutely no one other than the woman at the information desk and the security guards. I never looked but there used to be a magazine/mini store just at the entrance in the inside. I remember going in for soda while waiting for the bus. Took the elevator up to the 13 floor room 1302. Very nice lady asked me for my ID then told me to go to the end of the counter and handed then next woman $10 bucks. Done. No line and it was like 10 minutes tops.

Drove by the Big Ditch Brewery. Cool place.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If my other half would move I would move back to the city. Find a cool building to run the businesses out of and have apartments above.

WNY, I’ve parked in the P.O. lot a bunch of times without incident. Still, there is a risk, I guess. I wouldn’t live in the city if they gave me a house for free. And I certainly would never encourage anyone with school age children to live there. I drove by the Darwin Martin house yesterday and to this day I can’t see what the hubbub is about. Millions of taxpayer $$$ to repair that place? Suppose those millions had been left in the hands of those who earned them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Not a house.. a cool building. We don't have kids and if we did they would go to a private school anyways.

I thought the Darwin house was mostly donations.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    WNY, I’ve parked in the P.O. lot a bunch of times without incident. Still, there is a risk, I guess. I wouldn’t live in the city if they gave me a house for free. And I certainly would never encourage anyone with school age children to live there. I drove by the Darwin Martin house yesterday and to this day I can’t see what the hubbub is about. Millions of taxpayer $$$ to repair that place? Suppose those millions had been left in the hands of those who earned them.
    A few years ago I had to go to City Court for an eviction(it was like zoo in there)..parked in Post Office lot across the street..BIG MISTAKE! Had a $35 parking ticket on window when I returned...I wouldnt be surprised if they had a postal employee with a pair of binoculars scouting for people trying to take advantage of free parking in our my tax subsidized postal lot!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Not a house.. a cool building. We don't have kids and if we did they would go to a private school anyways.

I thought the Darwin house was mostly donations.
    And member item $$$ from members of the state legislature. Well, it used to be a House wasn’t it, owned by Darwin Martin?

Joe d., city court like a zoo? More accurately, the zoo is like city court, except that the animals at the zoo tend to be better behaved most of time. Sorry you got snagged, did you buy a stamp or mail,a letter? Always worked for me!

Thread Information