Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town of Tonawanda eyes building new Brighton Arena

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Funny you mention golf, senior centers and libraries...Lets throw in recreation centers....

Dan help me out with this...

Does Cheektowaga have:

A senior center?

A hockey rink?

Libraries?

A golf course?

A park?

And the final question. Yes or no, have we lost population over the last 30 years even though we have these things?

Yes but remember the mean republicans were going to put a padlock on the front door of the senior center ��

Maybe the 30,000 people that left played badminton or something the town didn’t offer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    We have all that **** and they already left
    I am not going to argue against the idea of austerity. Maybe a town like Tonawanda would do well with cutting all of the programs and becoming the most affordable town in the region to live in. I mean the value proposition is not that bad. 'We don't provide sh*t but you don't have to pay for sh*t ether'.... has a nice ring to it.

All I am saying is you can't pick and choose which perk should be provided. I love the idea of kicking things to the private market but you would have to do it for everything.

To old people, hockey rinks are pointless. You families, senior centers are pointless. To a logical person, everyone should get a taste of the pie or no pie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I am not going to argue against the idea of austerity. Maybe a town like Tonawanda would do well with cutting all of the programs and becoming the most affordable town in the region to live in. I mean the value proposition is not that bad. 'We don't provide sh*t but you don't have to pay for sh*t ether'.... has a nice ring to it.

All I am saying is you can't pick and choose which perk should be provided. I love the idea of kicking things to the private market but you would have to do it for everything.

To old people, hockey rinks are pointless. You families, senior centers are pointless. To a logical person, everyone should get a taste of the pie or no pie at all.

I’m liking you’re new slogan about we don’t provide for **** but you don’t have to pay for **** either, that could be a good new motto for the towns ��

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    I’m liking you’re new slogan about we don’t provide for **** but you don’t have to pay for **** either, that could be a good new motto for the towns ��

Two close locations.

CONTACT US
    HOLIDAY RINKS
    3465 BROADWAY ST.
    CHEEKTOWAGA, NY 14227
    716-685-3660

LEISURE RINKS
    75 WEISS AVE.
    W. SENECA, NY 14224
    716-675-8992
    INFO@HOLIDAYRINKS.COM

https://www.holidayrinks.com/

So I'm going to assume the town ice rink competes with the businesses.

http://www.tocny.org/Portals/0/Depar...c%20events.pdf

We see the town sells advertising

he Cheektowaga Youth & Recreational Services Department can help you reach your marketing goals though it's year round dasherboard advertising program. Dasherboards surround the surface of the Town Ice Rink, located in Cheektowaga Town Park at 2600 Harlem Road. They provide the most visible and lengthy exposure to an estimated 50,000 visitors each year. Your message is highly visible and reinforced thousands of times to a variety of demographic groups. Your advertising dollars are at work everyday to patrons of a variety of programs including ice hockey, public skate, soccer, in-line hockey, gymnastics. and summer camps. In addition the Rec Center plays host to a number of tournaments and special events each year. A variety of spaces and plans are available starting as little as $400 per year or ($33 per month).

PRIME SIDE: 36” BY 96”
    1 Year (12 months from date of installation) $725
    1 ½ Years (18 months from date of installation) $950
    2 Year (24 months from date of installation) $1250

36” BY 48”
    1 Year (12 months from date of installation) $400
    1 ½ Years (18 months from date of installation) $550
    2 Year (24 months from date of installation ) $700

NON-PRIME : 36” BY 96 ”
    1 Year (12 months from date of installation) $465
    1 ½ Years (18 months from date of installation) $640
    2 Year (24months from date of installation) $790

All prices include set up with camera ready artwork and installation. Any non camera ready artwork will incur a set up fee of $100.
    For further information or to order your dasher board advertising call Glenn Au at
    http://www.tocny.org/Departments/You...herBoards.aspx

50,000 visitors a year. I wonder how that is calculated. 52 weeks in a year... 961 visitors a week. I wonder if it's unique visitors or the same 961 people coming once a week.

Teaches ice skating lessons

http://www.tocny.org/Portals/0/Depar...17/skating.pdf

So it seems that the problems are stacking up making this look like a tougher sell. And the support is not exactly overwhelming. Wonder if the town board will spit out the bit on this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information