Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie's Back...

Charlie's Back...

All these posts about the goings on in the town...How about Highway Hiring Charlie MArkel as Deputy Highway Superintendant...Now there is some TRANSPARENCY from Both the Supervisor and Superintendant...The Gang is back! Can we blame this one on Frank Max also?

That's a joke right, cheektowaga? They didn't, did they? WTF is wrong people. Appoint someone for Deputy Highway Superintendent who was convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude which is "an act or behavior that gravely violates the sentiment or accepted standard of the community".

That says a lot about that town board, doesn't it?

Apparently the board does not accept or represent the accepted standards of the community of Cheektowaga.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    CHEEKTOWAGA – A former Cheektowaga Town Councilmember who was removed from office after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor in 2014, and who was recently appointed to the town’s Planning Board, was appointed to the position of Deputy Highway Superintendent for the town.

Cheektowaga Chronicle has learned that Charlie Markel will officially start his new job on Monday, March 12th according to multiple sources in government Friday.

The appointment was made by Highway Superintendent Mark Wegner. A call Friday afternoon to Mr. Wegner was not immediately returned.
    https://cheektowagachronicle.com/cha...uperintendent/

Can the voters get a petition going to remove Wegner from office? or are we stuck until he is up for reelection?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I now have no concept of what the board does and why it does what it does.

Personally I like Charley but if I was supervisor he would not be working for us.

He’s going to give us his plum job at the water authority for this plum job, man this guy has to have the goods on somebody

You cant blame this one on the town board...Its all Mark Wegner...The board didn't have a say in Charlies appointment!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cheektowaga is correct on this. Mark own's this.

Charley can't say boo about asking Jim to step down now. We'll just get Jim's cousin to hire him in what is it? Parks? Recreation? All the friends and family plan.....

I like Charley but this highly disappointing.

Its more disappointing to me that a Elected Official would even consider this! But hey take a look at Highway and its employees it a whos related to who friends and family...

What’s even more disappointing is Kaminsky is still on the board after all this. Read the article to the end to see the NYS Comptrollers letter to him saying he was guilty of a misdemeanor, but yet only a slap on the wrist:

https://buffalochronicle.com/2015/05...minal-charges/

From New York State’s Comptroller’s Office:

As a municipal officer or employee, your job by its very nature places you in a position of public trust. You are responsible for ensuring that public resources are used in the best interests of the public. You also have a duty to use the limited public resources available to you as effectively and efficiently as possible. When serving in your public capacity, the interests of your municipality must come before your own. In fact and appearance, your actions and interests must be above reproach. This brochure is intended to help you better understand New York State law as it pertains to conflicts of interest, and your responsibilities when your public and private interests conflict.
    If you are an officer or employee of a municipality, the law applies to you, whether you are paid or unpaid, or a member of a municipal board, commission or agency. The term municipality encompasses almost every type of local government entity, including counties, cities (other than New York City), towns, villages, school districts, BOCES, fire districts, public libraries, town and county improvement districts, urban renewal agencies and industrial development agencies.
    A contract includes any claim, account, demand against or agreement with a municipality – verbal or written, express or implied. Almost any business dealing you have with your municipality will involve a contract. Examples of contracts include purchase or sale agreements, construction agreements and service contracts, as well as vouchers for payment submitted to a municipality. A contract also includes the naming of a depository of public funds or the naming of an official newspaper of a municipality.
    If you willfully enter into a contract in which you have a prohibited interest, the contract is null, void and unenforceable. If you willfully and knowingly violate the law by entering into a contract in which you have a prohibited interest, or by failing, when required, to disclose an interest in a contract, you may be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Don't even go there about Jerry. Two different issues completely irrelevant.

They all need to go because the BS will never stop. Too many friends and family all at the expense of us property owners. The group that created the issue will never be the group that corrects the mess they created.

I just deleted a paragraph why this move is BS. They have to know it's complete BS.

I like they guy but I see no justification for this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Don't even go there about Jerry. Two different issues completely irrelevant.

They all need to go because the BS will never stop. Too many friends and family all at the expense of us property owners. The group that created the issue will never be the group that corrects the mess they created.

I just deleted a paragraph why this move is BS. They have to know it's complete BS.

I like they guy but I see no justification for this.
    Office Holder Name Mark D. Wegner
    Party DEM
    Term Length 4 years
    Term Expires 12/31/2019

That sucks -

From the NY OSC
    With respect to whether a town board may direct the highway superintendent to rescind the appointment of a deputy highway superintendent, we note that Town Law, §32(2) provides that:

The town board of any town may at any time establish the office of deputy town superintendent of highways. The deputy town superintendent of highways shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the superintendent of highways. If the town superintendent of highways shall fail to appoint such deputy within five days after the establishment of the office of deputy or within five days after a vacancy occurs in the office of deputy, the town board shall have power to appoint such deputy town superintendent of highways. * * *

Thus, where the deputy highway superintendent is appointed by the highway superintendent, the deputy superintendent serves at the pleasure of the highway superintendent (see 1978 Opns St Comp No. 78-388, unreported). Therefore, although a town board may recommend rescission of the deputy superintendent's appointment, we believe that the town board may not direct the highway superintendent to rescind his appointment of a deputy superintendent.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Office Holder Name Mark D. Wegner
    Party DEM
    Term Length 4 years
    Term Expires 12/31/2019

I know.... isn't there like 4 seats up come 2019 on the board.

Yes, 4 seats up in 2019, including the supervisors.

Now if Rogowski resigns I think that Diane gets to appoint another party player to finish out the term. It has to be from the same party as the person it is replacing. This is my assumption from schooling at politics 101 internet edition

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information