Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charlie's Back...

So your opinion is no one in the highway department is more qualified than Charlie? Come on, really? You run a business, you want your employees to grow, do a great job and they expect or should expect to climb the ladder. So no one will convince me that they vetted all employees in the town and found Charlie Markel the more qualified, hard to believe...As per your statement about not having someone qualified in house is laughable..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    So your opinion is no one in the highway department is more qualified than Charlie? Come on, really? You run a business, you want your employees to grow, do a great job and they expect or should expect to climb the ladder. So no one will convince me that they vetted all employees in the town and found Charlie Markel the more qualified, hard to believe...As per your statement about not having someone qualified in house is laughable..

I can't have an opinion as to if no one in the highway department is more qualified or not. I don't know who the people are or have resumes. Mark did at least interview a few people didn't he?

Don't laugh. I have a man who has worked with me for over 25 years. He knows many business people in Cheektowaga by first name. He's always on time. Does an excellent job. No I wouldn't let him run my company. Why? He has been cleaning my windows for the last 25 years once or so a month. Just because you work for someone or within a department doesn't mean you are qualified to "run" a department versus working in a department.

You really think the most qualified people for any town position are those who only work for the town? The gene pool is rather small if you look at it that way . That isn't a shot at anyone it's a fact. There are ton's of private sector people that in most cases, not all, can run circles around any government employee. Same thing. There are some very qualified people working for us that can run circles around many in the private sector.

If I was Supervisor every position would be reviewed when a position was opened. Anyone could apply and the best qualified would get the position. I don't care how many petitions someone got signed, who someone is related to, how many raffle tickets someone can sell or who is the best ass kisser. That wouldn't be acting in the best interest of the property owners.

You want to use that type of judgement when hiring someone to work for you with your own money go for it. You don't hire people based on BS when spending other people's money.

In this situation though, I might agree that it's possible someone already working for us would be more qualified. Without resumes or knowing what people in the department did no one could answer that question.

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    "24/7 Emergency Services, only storm-ready community in New York State."
    Storm ready? Really? https://www.wkbw.com/news/cheektowag...-plow-overtime

Was the Deputy highway superintendent job posted for the public?

Georgia L Schlager

http://www.wgrz.com/article/news/loc...g/71-528373424

So it looks like a gorilla could have been chosen, man you can’t make this stuff up.

So how did he land this new gig and why should taxpayers pay his salary. 2 on Your Side's Ron Plants raised some of those points previously on the phone with Highway Superintendent Mark Wegner, but we were able to press him on camera directly Tuesday night at town hall. He had some unusual responses.

2 On Your Side asked first, Was the job posted sir?

Wegner replied: No, I don't have to post it. I could go to the zoo and get a gorilla and put him in that position.

Reporter: As assistant superintendent?

Wegner: Absolutely... the qualification...

Funny Interview

So let's do a work release program with the Buffalo Zoo and save some money...What does this say about how Mark Wegner feels about the town employees that work for him? A Gorilla..that to me is a slap in the face to the employees and tax payers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post

So it looks like a gorilla could have been chosen, man you can’t make this stuff up.

So how did he land this new gig and why should taxpayers pay his salary. 2 on Your Side's Ron Plants raised some of those points previously on the phone with Highway Superintendent Mark Wegner, but we were able to press him on camera directly Tuesday night at town hall. He had some unusual responses.

Wegner replied: No, I don't have to post it. I could go to the zoo and get a gorilla and put him in that position.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

There are many jobs like this and these positions do not command the salaries or bene's that we see. What we have seen in Cheektowaga is people are voting with their feet and leaving.

Arrogance and incompetence tops my list with High Sup today!

Quote Originally Posted by cheektowaga View Post
    Arrogance and incompetence tops my list with High Sup today!
    Fish fry mark will drink to that. or maybe like ten drinks..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

fish fry you're a goofball. it's all politics business as usual in the town. This guy has no idea what he is doing. but so did your other buddy Mike he worked for tops. have another drink.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well we are finally see how the Cheektowaga Democratic Party views the situation in Town... I have reading and listening to this BS since 2003

Friends and family plan gone wild.

Now the situation makes sense.

"Help me keep our family traditions"

Their family traditions or the property owners? You see who's best interest they represent.

I'm still some what disappointed with Diane's comment.

"Supervisor Diane M. Benczkowski said she had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while she admitted it was a distraction, she declined to elaborate.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to his family I will not be commenting," Benczkowski said."

If I was representing our town this would have been my comment.

"Tony said he had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while he admitted it was a distraction, he declined to elaborate what was talked about.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to the property owners and tax payers I asked him to step down until this matter is resolved." Tony said."
    The respect should be focused on the "town" and "Property owners"

Mark's gorilla comment takes the cake.

I know Charley is a good person, I know Diane means well but in the end people are leaving the town and just look at that figure at the bottom of your tax bill.

Wouldn't you want to post it to see if you attract the most qualified person for the job?

Is he saying that a gorilla can perform the superintendent's job duties when he is on vacation?

How insulting is that to any other Deputy Highway superintendent?
    Didn't the town supervisor state that Markel was qualified because he previously ran a sandwich shop?
    What kind of job descriptions do they have in Cheektowaga? Who would have thought that a gorilla who serves sandwiches would meet the qualifications of a Deputy highway superintendent?

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Didn't the town supervisor state that Markel was qualified because he previously ran a sandwich shop?
    Have to be careful how how things are worded. That's a little unfair. I know people who run multiple location "sandwich shops" that are fine business/community people. I'd have no issue having any of them making decisions that would effect how the town is ran.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Markel Hiring Still Causing A Stir

http://www.wgrz.com/video/news/local...tir/71-8036532

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Have to be careful how how things are worded. That's a little unfair. I know people who run multiple location "sandwich shops" that are fine business/community people. I'd have no issue having any of them making decisions that would effect how the town is ran.
    Serving sandwiches isn't part of typical work activities of a Dep High. Sup.

Georgia L Schlager

From WNY resident's link above-

That's a very condescending remark from a town official
    Doesn't the town supervisor herself live off of the taxpayers?

Georgia L Schlager

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information