Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't the community just get rid of the incompetent people?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Why doesn't the community just get rid of the incompetent people?

BMHA official questioned on no heat issue

Dawn Sanders-Garrett, Executive Director of the BMHA, refused to do an interview with 2 On Your Side regarding why some residents in the Frederick Douglass townhomes went without heat and hot water last month.

BUFFALO, NY - The executive director of the Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority got a grilling from city lawmakers, on how some residents in public housing went without heat and hot water last month for two weeks.
    2 On Your Side has been staying on top of this story.
    Dawn Sanders-Garrett, Executive Director of the BMHA, refused to do an interview with 2 On Your Side about why residents in the Frederick Douglass townhomes went without heat and hot water last month. But she did accept an invitation to speak to city lawmakers.

http://www.wgrz.com/article/news/loc...e/71-523850300

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    BMHA official questioned on no heat issue

http://www.wgrz.com/article/news/loc...e/71-523850300
    Well West Seneca people protested the 15% property tax increases but the Town Board didn't like it and told them to wait till 2019 election and don't vote for them if you don't like it. Anywhere else in the country their would be 1000's of people at every single town board meeting, chating what do we want, we want you's to resign now
    untill they resigned

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Well West Seneca people protested the 15% property tax increases but the Town Board didn't like it and told them to wait till 2019 election and don't vote for them if you don't like it. Anywhere else in the country their would be 1000's of people at every single town board meeting, chating what do we want, we want you's to resign now
    untill they resigned
    Wait till next year I hear West Seneca's going broke again with out another 15% to 20% property tax increase

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Shinda officials say they got their first report of no heat from someone living there January 11, but the BMHA shot down their proposal to fix it because of the cost. So, they put space heaters in the apartment and put in a new, cheaper system a week later.
    Cheaper is not always better.

All this, while several BMHA commissioners are preparing for a trip to Las Vegas next week for training.
    Watch the video. They don't seem to know what they are spending on this "training" trip. Perhaps drop this trip and put that money into maintenance and repairs.

Does anyone have a link to read up on what training is being offered?

"Training is something that our board members need to do," Sanders-Garrett said.
    I think the board members need to be replaced not trained. I know I might sound harsh but not heat/hot water for 2 weeks it uncalled for.

Next. I heard something in the video about bed bugs.

That is a tenant issue and you can't really blame the board.

What Causes Bed Bugs?

There are many who believe that bed bug infestations are caused by filth, but this is a misconception. These bugs are not drawn to decay. They can live in any environment, as long as they have access to their food source. Understanding this is vital in preventing a bed bug infestation.

Bed bugs are blood-eating insects. They require blood to breed and blood meals to survive; but unlike mosquitoes, they can't fly to get to their food. And, unlike ticks, they don't have the convenience of living on a host. Bed bugs must find another way to get the food they need. So, these bugs hide near their food source and wait until it is safe to come out and feed.

At first, it is hard to see bed bugs because they are as small as the tip on a pen, and they have a transparent skin. But, once they get to their adult size, it is hard to miss these bugs, unless the environment they have chosen is cluttered enough to conceal them. They aren't drawn to clutter, but clutter will help these bugs avoid detection longer. This has given rise to the belief that bed bugs are drawn to filthy places; but filth and clutter are not the cause of bed bugs. These bugs can live in the cleanest and neatest of environments. It is just more difficult for them to continue to avoid detection.

So, what causes bed bugs? The most apparent cause of bed bugs is a lack of awareness. The more you know about bed bugs, the greater success you will have at keeping them out of your home or business.

https://www.actionpest.com/what-causes-bed-bugs

Why doesn't the whole country get rid of incompetent people?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You can't do that but in this case we can.

Unregistered
    Well the rest of 99% of the country is booming, have growing populations and have lots of tower cranes in the sky and they all have billions & billons private investment pouring in

I blame Mayer Brown..if he had any balls, he go in and clean house...this situation with the incompetency and favored appointees has been going on for years...yet the same rope a dopes keep voting him in , The tax dollars wasted there are incredible trips, time off ...and the salaries and benefits paid to the administrators are sickening. If a regular landlord performed the way BMHA maintains roach, bed bug infested, with inadequate plumbing and non working heated housing, that landlord would be in Housing Court after about 6 months, with about another 6 months to maneuver thru the court sustem, and still wait another year to be held accountable.
    The BMHA tenants should organize , GO ON A RENT STRIKE...What I dont understand, is that many of these apartments are Sect 8 subsidized, and have yearly inspections, ..how can the sub par apartments NOT be in rent abatement until all repairs are made??

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why can't the board be taken to housing court?

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Well the rest of 99% of the country is booming, have growing populations and have lots of tower cranes in the sky and they all have billions & billons private investment pouring in
    And you're still an F'ing idiot.....

You're like a jilted lover whose husband screwed her over, but she won't go away. You obviously failed in Buffalo and the fact you're a failure drives you so crazy, you just have to keep pointing out every negative thing you can find about the place where YOU FAILED! Get a life, move on, go away, go enjoy you "paradise". No one misses you in Buffalo and no one will on SUWNY
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Why can't the board be taken to housing court?
    A very good question..I have never heard of this happening ..but have seen lines of BMHA tenants in city court...waiting in line for free legal assistance because they have pending evictions...one particular day..I was there for my own tenant eviction hearing...and there had to be at least 30 people in line for Legal Aid in a separate BMHA tenant only desk in the hall outside the court rooms.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder why not. They would be considered landlords.

If a private sector landlord had the same issues what would happen to them?

And when it comes to bed bugs who responsibility is that? I can't see how that would be the landlords issues if they were "Renters" introduced into the apartment. Same with **** roaches.

I wonder why not. They would be considered landlords.

If a private sector landlord had the same issues what would happen to them?

And when it comes to bed bugs who responsibility is that? I can't see how that would be the landlords issues if they were "Renters" introduced into the apartment. Same with **** roaches.
    Erie Co. Health Dept law specifies that roaches, bed bugs infestation is the RESPONSIBILITY of the property owner/landlord. It is Really sucks the irresponsible tenants who are not adapt to keeping a clean home would be the responsibility of the landlord to exterminate.
    In many instances of my choice..the tenants go, then the roaches or bedbugs are delt with by a licensed exterminator, and it is expensive and takes many applications.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here's a question I wondered about.

How untidy does one have to be to end up with a **** roach infestation. I'm assuming there has to be a food source otherwise they would have nothing to eat.

Here's a question I wondered about.

How untidy does one have to be to end up with a **** roach infestation. I'm assuming there has to be a food source otherwise they would have nothing to eat.
    This site will give you prevention info on almost any pest...
    https://www.domyown.com/cockroach-pr...ide-a-459.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information