Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winds of change at Democrat Chairman?

Winds of change at Democrat Chairman?

A whisper on the winds has said Lancaster Democrat Chairman has submitted a letter of resignation. I do not know this as FACT as I was not present. I wonder why he would resign ( if true)? He has a great record as chairman Coleman , Walters,Dawn, Ruffino , Wallace, and Bruso . Why would a chairman with that batting average stand down?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    A whisper on the winds has said Lancaster Democrat Chairman has submitted a letter of resignation. I do not know this as FACT as I was not present. I wonder why he would resign ( if true)? He has a great record as chairman Coleman , Walters,Dawn, Ruffino , Wallace, and Bruso . Why would a chairman with that batting average stand down?
    At least four of those races should have been Republican wins. While the Democrat Chairman may have been an extraordinarily gifted strategist, IMHO, it is far more likely that he has been a skilled negotiator, blessed with counterparts that may have been willing suppliants.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 24th, 2018 at 10:21 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who's best interest did the Chairman take into account? The town residents or party supporters?

Trolling are we, Greg?

Why would you be present at the time of resignation announcement (as rumored)? Are you now a Democratic Party member – no longer a Republic Party committeeman – and especially lauding the leaving Chairman so?

As for Tarapacki the strategist, in 2015 he endorsed a retired career politician to run for Supervisor, a Conservative and a blank for town council. Viable Democratic Party candidates seemed to be missing in his eyes – despite the fact that a younger Ruffino wanted to run for supervisor and was rebuffed.

The Democratic candidates all won only because the ticket the Republicans put up was viciously assailed by the Democrats and where a good Republican candidate lost his race for council seat in the process because of ‘guilt by association’ allegations; and with little, if any, support for the Republican candidates from their own party.

In 2017, one of the two Democratic incumbents for town council was not elected and the other just won thanks to the Independence Party endorsement.

Minor party endorsements played a big role in the last election and will play even a bigger role in 2019; which then begs the question as to where current council members Walter or Gaczewski will fit into the upcoming election process.

Until such time that we learn of the new organization and Chair, there will be much speculation. But if Tarapacki did resign (and was not forced out), and if the Democratic Party reforms to its old roots, the Republican Party has much to worry about.

All knowing Wizard Lee, I posted a thoughtful comment and gave credit where credit was due.I am sorry your in pain from your back injury. I believe your medication may explain why a once credible poster Lee Chowaniec is now reduced to confusion,fake news and fake claims poster . Topsoil , town bid jobs, and now switching political parties? Your silly Lee.

All knowing Wizard Lee, I posted a thoughtful comment and gave credit where credit was due.I am sorry your in pain from your back injury. I believe your medication may explain why a once credible poster Lee Chowaniec is now reduced to confusion,fake news and fake claims poster . Topsoil , town bid jobs, and now switching political parties? Your silly Lee.
    Well Greg, after once again cutting through all your usual smarminess there is nothing left of substance.

I am glad to see that you have some integrity in openly admitting that you are still a member of the Republican Party.

As usual your initial post needed clarification as your ‘thoughtful comment’ about Tarapacki’s sterling record could be misconstrued as sarcasm by some in the Democratic Party who have not been enthralled by his choice of candidates and by members of the Republican Party as well who have not been enthralled by its leadership in the past two decades and has only put a handful of people in office since 1996.

IMHO, the best candidate for town council, Republican Bob Leary, didn’t win two years ago. Why is that, Greg? Your party dropped the ball, as so often has happened in the past. And for you to feel it’s necessary to ‘give credit where credit is due’ to the Democratic Party Chair when you guys couldn’t defeat a senior citizen running for Supervisor and where the DEMS ran a Conservative and a blank on their 2015 ticket and kicked your ass is perplexing.

Now that’s what’s really silly, Greg.

All knowing all powerful wizard Lee, I believe prescription abuse is a crime. Your comments are becoming more and more bizarre. How is my post sarcastic? Your opinion of the best candidate? Remember your a blank, you do not get involved, and all politicos suck ! You guys could not defeat ? 2015 ticket and kicked my ass? Lee, your struggling with mental clarity. You making things up and keyboarding things does not make them facts.Here is a fact you bitter arrogant fool. I was not chairman or on a committee for the times you mentioned.****** Lee,your credibility stock is plunging. Step away from the keyboard until you have clear thoughts.******** Oh look Lee ! A trailer in the tax paying Walmart parking lot! Hurry!!! to the town board podium to bitch and get no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

IMHO, the best candidate for town council, Republican Bob Leary, didn’t win two years ago. Why is that, Greg? Your party dropped the ball, as so often has happened in the past.

Mr. Leary was perhaps one of the most qualified candidates that has ever sought a position on the Town Council. His defeat was truly a loss for the taxpayers and residents of Lancaster.

Yes, I believe that the Republicans dropped the ball in their presentation of Mr. Leary's vision for Lancaster.

Just one example: How in Hell did the campaign staff allow Mr. Leary's campaign presentation in "The Bee" to go forward without apparent consideration(s) to consistency, clarity, and unambiguous remedy?

"I believe it’s time to put people in charge who truly care about taxpayers and our town. I am a fiscal conservative who understands the balance of protecting the taxpayers while maintaining and improving the quality of life we deserve.

After over a decade of bigger budgets, higher taxes and reckless overdevelopment, it’s painfully clear we need a change."
    PERFECT: Mr. Leary clearly identified "reckless overdevelopment (over-development)" as a problem in need of remediation.

"We need a councilman with a background in business, finance and government who can effectively administer the growth and development of our community while controlling
    spending, managing our tax dollars and working with the developers to improve our infrastructure and alleviate congestion.
    I possess the ideas and tools to achieve these goals."
    So, why did the presentation seem to walk-back his concerns when he said he will "effectively administer, GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT?"

If not a direct contradiction, those thoughts certainly seemed to reduce Mr. Leary's clear message that over-development is a problem that is "painfully" in need of redress,
    and the phrase "Working with developers" appeared to smash his prioritized commitment to address over-development to smithereens.

(Suggestion: Instead of "effectively administer Growth and Development," I think "We need a councilman who will challenge the issues of growth and development" would have more appropriately reflected Mr. Leary's previously stated growth-development concerns, and "confronting or standing-up to developers," IMHO, would have more effectively created the desired remedial impression.)

"I am a graduate of Canisius College with a Bachelor of Science degree and more than 26 years in federal law enforcement experience, followed by seven years as a financial investigator for two local banks.

I worked for the FBI, the U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Customs and as an Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives supervisory special agent, and it’s during this time that I learned and developed my skills in leadership, planning, effective communication, ethical conduct, transparency, fair treatment and accountability."
    An incredibe resume. For Heaven's sake, why did Mr. Leary fail to indicate how he would take his experience and apply it to problem solving in Lancaster, especially in the areas of budget scrutiny and the opioid crisis?

Squandered opportunities, and yea, the Republican Party dropped the ball for Mr. Leary.

Just my $.2
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 25th, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

Well, yes this may be hearsay but I suspect since Greg's son is a Democrat- may be the source providing the information shared on Speakup. That being said, it is pretty much out there that the Chair of the Democratic Party was looking to resign, an old party boss was returning to reignite his/her position as the Chair of the Lancaster Democratic Party. This person who is returning to politics was once the long term(ed) Democratic Chairperson.

News on the beat is that new blood is coming into Lancaster and the plan is to challenge Dawn & Matt for their seats. In addition to Ruffino challenging Coleman for her Supervisor seat, I understand he is in for a surprise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Well, yes this may be hearsay but I suspect since Greg's son is a Democrat- may be the source providing the information shared on Speakup. That being said, it is pretty much out there that the Chair of the Democratic Party was looking to resign, an old party boss was returning to reignite his/her position as the Chair of the Lancaster Democratic Party. This person who is returning to politics was once the long term(ed) Democratic Chairperson.

News on the beat is that new blood is coming into Lancaster and the plan is to challenge Dawn & Matt for their seats. In addition to Ruffino challenging Coleman for her Supervisor seat, I understand he is in for a surprise as well.
    Is McCracken coming back to the chair? Earlier this month I had seen a pic on the EC Dems Facebook page with Zellner, Monica Wallace and McCracken. When I saw it, I was wondering whether he may be coming back.

I don't think Coleman is planning on running for another term. At least, that's the way I interpreted the supervisor's answer to Greg's question. She said - I hadn't thought about but I'm going to limit my term.

Georgia L Schlager

Windy day in Lancaster today ! Shortstuff, I can understand you thinking the information came from my son.I will say it is incorrect. Gorja, I thought the same thing by Supervisor Coleman response,I feel she is tired of babysitting. As a possible democrat chairman replacement McCracken, Giza, or Kris Mccracken are all viable options. All three are coming off a Ruffino win and some helped Assembly woman Professor???Monica Wallace. Could it be time for the first Lancaster Democrat chair? Who knows ? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Is McCracken coming back to the chair? Earlier this month I had seen a pic on the EC Dems Facebook page with Zellner, Monica Wallace and McCracken. When I saw it, I was wondering whether he may be coming back.

I don't think Coleman is planning on running for another term. At least, that's the way I interpreted the supervisor's answer to Greg's question. She said - I hadn't thought about but I'm going to limit my term.

You have answered your own question gorja. But this is old news actually, this was rumored last year. That's fine, now watch and see who monitors the hallways of every town board meeting.

As for Coleman, well the message apparently is this, (we know why Abraham is still the Deputy Supervisor)the Dem party still is waffling over should she or should she not run for her current seat. Coleman is waffling, part of her wants to and part of her does not. I honestly have to say, she hasn't really done enough to label her a bad Supervisor. I think she has done well in the past two years. That's my opinion. BUT that being said, it is possible that she steps down and places Abraham in and he will run as an incumbent. This will be done in the election year. {Remember walls have ears} It depends on if Ruffino follows through and runs for her seat will be the determining factor in Coleman running. Now if Ruffino throws his hat in the ring for her seat, she will NOT step down. Why? Abraham as acting Deputy Supervisor will loose against Ruffino if he runs for Supervisor. If Coleman stays in and runs for her seat, Ruffino will loose against her.

A prediction that's all folks...
    Last edited by shortstuff; February 26th, 2018 at 09:59 AM.

Shortstuff, your prediction has merit. I however feel a John Abraham Jr. has been nursed and spoon fed by his father for fat to long. John Sr. Has dried up and can no longer supply JR. With the needed nutrition ( Conservative votes). John Jr. Is a penny stock at best in the Lancaster political field. I expect to see new fresh names toss their hat in the ring . I believe the feeling is if they can do it so can I . Who knows?

Shortstuff,

When did Coleman appoint Abraham, Deputy supervisor? i don't think I missed any meetings. I don't remember hearing that appointment or reading it. But you know how my memory and hearing are

Georgia L Schlager

Gorja, he has been her Deputy Supervisor since day one. She has not changed that appointment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information