Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winds of change at Democrat Chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Until Ralph Mohr’s Republican Party committee influence can be eliminated it will be the same old same old with that Party.

Ralphy-boy has been around for at least the past two decades and you can count the Republic candidates town board wins on the one hand - at least from 1996.

The Democratic Party has made a formidable leadership change and is in a kick-ass mode.

Nicholas A. Langworthy is in charge of the Erie County Republican Party, not Ralph Mohr. Nick is doing a great job. Mohr works on the rules committee and has much power being Commissioner of Erie County Board of Elections. But Nick is no puppet, he is in charge.

The Democratic party is in what mode Lee.... that is too funny? Zellnar is the same old same old....
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

=Frank Broughton;1790741]Nicholas A. Langworthy is in charge of the Erie County Republican Party, not Ralph Mohr. Nick is doing a great job. Mohr works on the rules committee and has much power being Commissioner of Erie County Board of Elections. But Nick is no puppet, he is in charge.
    I don't presume to speak for Lee, but, having to responded to Mr. C.'s comments with some insight, I believe Lee was referring to the LANCASTER, not the county. Mohr may be Langworthy's viceroy in that town, but to many, Mr. Mohr appears to run the Lancaster Republican Committee as his own fiefdom.

The Democratic party is in what mode Lee.... that is too funny? Zellnar is the same old same old....
    Again, as far as Lancaster, stay tuned. Again, I'm sure Lee is correct.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Nicholas A. Langworthy is in charge of the Erie County Republican Party, not Ralph Mohr. Nick is doing a great job. Mohr works on the rules committee and has much power being Commissioner of Erie County Board of Elections. But Nick is no puppet, he is in charge.

Hi Frank,

How are you nice to hear from you. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

To put some clarity on this, Nick Langworthy up until the last election has done well. His first mistake was furthering his wife's political career too soon. He lost his footing and put too much focus on her and not enough on his Leg race, therefore Ted Morton's loss was collateral damage. Langworthy needs to focus not just on the big names but all of the townships and how they impact the county as a whole.

Ralph Mohr controls Lancaster. He and he alone is responsible for the losses that have occurred, this is a well known factor. With the old regime (Democratic Party) back in control, this is dangerous to the Republican & Conservative Party. They need strong leadership to run the local Republican Party, one that can control the assets without the country absconding all of the fundraising monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post

As I don’t get involved with county politics, thanks for pointing out something out that is rather obvious to everyone. I was referring to Mohr’s years of influence in the Lancaster Republican Party Committee.

What is too funny is your lack of knowledge on the operation of the both major parties in Lancaster. I imagine being a ZBA member in Brant leads to county-wide political discourse but you have no sense of Mohr’s influence in this town. In fact, I will pass on your opinion to several of my friends who left the Republican Party – some former Republican Committee members as well and even a past Chair chosen by Langworthy – because of Mohr bringing in his committee membership cadre to vote his way.

And yes, the new Democratic Party leadership is in kick-ass mode looking to fill endorsed candidate positions with Democratic registered members.

The town DEMS have crushed the Reps for decades having a great voter registration advantage. Not so much anymore and where the minor parties and blank registrations are constantly increasing. The Conservative and Independence Parties will play a big role in the 2019 town elections – Lancaster, Frank.

As for Zellnar, he is no better or no worse than Langworthy. So many deals, Frank – like Alden.

=Lee Chowaniec; I was referring to Mohr’s years of influence in the Lancaster Republican Party Committee.

Mohr took over from Paxon as Erie County Legislator from the old 17th District, when Bill went to the NYS Assembly on January 1, 1983. Put his ongoing tenure into historic perspective, from the view of his contemproaries. On January 1, 1983, when Mohr took office:

(1) Ronald Reagan was still in his second year in office. (His third year would not start until January 20.)

(2) Governor-elect Mario Cuomo will be today sworn-in as Governor, succeeding Hugh Carey .

(3) Ed Rutkowski was still in his first elected term as County Executive.

(4) Jimmy Griffin was starting the second year of his second term as Mayor of Buffalo.

(5) Stan Keysa would remain as Lancaster Supervisor for another nine years.

(6) I was 27 years old. Ouch!

That's a very long time.

The Republicans, if for no other reason, need to freshen-up their act in Lancaster. Of course there are plenty of other reasons.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2018 at 02:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information