Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what happened with Jim Rogowski?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    IN my opinion this is how this should have been handled.

From this article

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/27/ch...-after-arrest/

"Supervisor Diane M. Benczkowski said she had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while she admitted it was a distraction, she declined to elaborate.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to his family I will not be commenting," Benczkowski said."

If I was representing our town this would have been my comment.

"Tony said he had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while he admitted it was a distraction, he declined to elaborate what was talked about.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to the property owners and tax payers I asked him to step down until this matter is resolved." Tony said."

Originally posted by WNYresident:

"Tony said he had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while he admitted it was a distraction, he declined to elaborate what was talked about.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to the property owners and tax payers I asked him to step down until this matter is resolved." Tony said."
    The Lockport school district should do the same as your proposal, IMHO

Georgia L Schlager

I would have used the term "Take a leave of Absence without pay" Until cleared of all charges.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'd be fine with pay because you are innocent until proven guilty.

I don't know if it's possible for a Councilman, or any elected official, to take a "leave of absence". Obviously he may miss meetings, but you can't temporarily fill a role that requires election to obtain, even when someone is appointed they have to run in the next election to retain their seat. Sort of an "either you are or aren't" sort of thing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Interesting.

I was asked to mind my own business in this facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3005...eric&ref=notif

I saw this post:

Joe D'Amaro to Robert Hupkowicz

This was a family matter until he decided to violate an order of protection. Showing no regard for something that is designed to protect victims of violence should be alarming to all. He choice to bring this matter into public debate by his lack of regard for the laws and victims safety. I personally am calling on him to resign. We hold our citizens of Cheektowaga to a high standard an elected official should be held to a higher standard. He should have respect for the rule of law not disregard ruling of a court. Under what circumstances is it acceptable to violate an order of protection??

Robert Hupkowicz Well then hold all the elected officials to the same high standards

Joe D'Amaro Robert Hupkowicz believe me I do. Orders of protection are there to save lives and when they are violated and violators not punished harshly puts all victims of abuse in great danger. Surprised at the lack of elected officials response...
    "Surprised at the lack of elected officials response.."

I would say it's the "Friends and family plan" in full force including having members of the same social club controlling our town.

Did he or did he not violate an order of protection?

"Under what circumstances is it acceptable to violate an order of protection??" That is a good question.

Here is something to look forward to:

These seats are up come 2019

Supervisor Diane M. Benczkowski 4 Year term 2019
    Councilman Christine L. Adamczyk 4 Year term 2019
    Councilman Linda M. Hammer 4 Year term 2019
    Councilman Gerald P. Kaminski 4 Year term 2019

It would be in the property owner's best interest to get rid of Jim and leave the seat empty until 2019.

We have proven the town can run just fine with 6 people on the board.

Come 2019 we can replace 5 seats and correct the path our town has been on while the Cheektowaga Democratic Party has been in control.

Worse case leave the seat empty and have a special election come 2018 and we put someone in that seat who only interest is the best interest of us property owners.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Check this out:

Cheetowaga councilman placed on administrative leave by Lockport schools

The Lockport Board of Education voted Wednesday to place James P. Rogowski, a Cheektowaga town councilman arrested Feb. 23, on leave from his job as a high school technology teacher.

Lisa M. Schrader, assistant superintendent for personnel, disclosed the vote Friday. It was included among the personnel actions the board took, which are not listed separately on the meeting agenda.

Schrader said Rogowski, 45, will continue to be paid during his leave, which began Thursday. The website seethroughny.net lists Rogowski's 2017 salary as a Lockport teacher as $87,946. He has been teaching in Lockport since 1996.
    http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/02/ch...kport-schools/

I wonder why they continue to insist a government employee is paid only a base salary. They leave out pension contribution and healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Check this out:

Cheetowaga councilman placed on administrative leave by Lockport schools

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/02/ch...kport-schools/

I wonder why they continue to insist a government employee is paid only a base salary. They leave out pension contribution and healthcare.
    So he gets put on leave from his teaching job, but his town job where the incident occurred and where the town police had to get involved in his arrest, is business as usual?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Go figure...

I was having second doubts if he should have stepped down because I witnessed people defending him on the "Our Cheektowaga Community" Facebook group.

I was told to mind my own business or I would be deleted.

Now I see the school board had the same opinion I had.

I saw the comment Diane made about this issue and made this comment:

Tony Fracasso From the news article: "Supervisor Diane M. Benczkowski said she had a private conversation with Rogowski about the series of alleged events, and while she admitted it was a distraction, she declined to elaborate.

"He asked me not to comment, so out of respect to his family I will not be commenting," Benczkowski said."

See the difference here?

Here is what struck me as odd and we really don't know all the details.

News or comments was said he was at a retirement party that night. Why didn't the WS police arrest him instead of calling the Cheektowaga police?

The police departments typically don't arrest anyone out of their jurisdiction, second politics

We know he was charged with 2 things and at least one is a Felon and he was jailed overnight. You can't erase that.

You don't spend a night in any jail just for the hell of it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here's a question. This was in the Buffalo News

The incident was reported to West Seneca Police, who requested that Cheektowaga Police retrieve Rogowski from Doino's Pizzeria Bar & Grille at 2709 Harlem Road, said multiple sources in town government.

Rogowski was attending a retirement party of a Cheektowaga police officer, said sources who also attended the party.

Rogowski spent the night in the West Seneca Jail, located at 1250 Union Road, said sources with knowledge of the situation.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/26/po...stic-incident/

So why did the West Seneca police call the Cheektowaga police to pick him up but bring him to the West Seneca Jail? Why not the Cheektowaga Jail/Court house.

The offense occurred in West Seneca, didn’t it? Also, while ethics rarely enter the thinking of Democrats perhaps they figured the Dem judges in Cheek would simply recuse themselves given the fact that ole’ Jimmy can cut their pay.

The offense occurred in West Seneca, didn’t it? Also, while ethics rarely enter the thinking of Democrats perhaps they figured the Dem judges in Cheek would simply recuse themselves given the fact that ole’ Jimmy can cut their pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    So he gets put on leave from his teaching job, but his town job where the incident occurred and where the town police had to get involved in his arrest, is business as usual?
    thats how business works. especially when it comes to Cheektowaga. I remember when the cpd would pull over Gabby over the years. The cops couldn't arrest him. one of to things happened they had to call the supervisor or the chief to respond. Then good old gabby got off the hook again. Danny this is all politics in cheektowaga its been going on forever. Here is on frank Max the guy should be in jail.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Rogowski’s court case delayed until next week

CHEEKTOWAGA – Councilmember James Rogowski will not appear in West Seneca Town Court as scheduled late Tuesday afternoon because his case has been moved according to West Seneca court officials.

He was originally scheduled to appear before West Seneca Town Justice Shannon Filbert at 5 pm to answer to Criminal Contempt and Menacing charges following his February 23rd arrest in that town. But the case was recently moved to Erie County’s Integrated Domestic Violence Court. His wife accuses Mr. Rogowski of violating a restraining order.

The move came as a shock to Mr. Rogowski’s camp when Cheektowaga Chronicle called Tuesday morning. They were prepared for Tuesday’s appearance and received no notice the case was moved.

https://cheektowagachronicle.com/rog...yed-next-week/

The Integrated Domestic Violence Court adjudicates criminal offenses involving intimate partners. Essential features of the court includes a dedicated judge; specially trained staff; resource coordination; on-site victim advocacy; enhanced monitoring of defendants; and collaboration with technical assistance teams.
    Seems like there is more to the story.

Since his arrest, many in the community, including the town’s GOP chairman, and fellow Democrats, have called on the embattled councilmember to either resign or take a break from politics. Mr. Rogowski has said, “there is no reason for me to resign.”
    Other than Brian which fellow democrats asked him to resign?

I wonder why James doesn't have comments on. 310,500+ unique visitors in 2017. That would be 25,833 a month. That is seriously impressive. I should advertise on his site.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information