Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rail Service To Amherst.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Dallas to Houston high speed rail link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2QvUxpUzD4

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is exactly why no state should give financial aid to companies like Amazon. Amazon is competition to to all these businesses. It's easy to say they can go online like Amazon but that is a hard nut to crack.
    How about the Bills the state gives them our money. Look at the tax breaks for the NFL why?

As for the Minkel train. That will never happen they cant fill the cars now or the buses. Then again she wants a raise.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't agree with money for stadiums when basically it's 8 home games.

Unregistered
    The reason theirs no new Stadium coming is their's not enough HQ's or large companys in WNY to buy the hundred's of luxury corporate suites that go's with todays New NFL Stadiums Los Angeles's new stadium under construction has 500 Corporate suites, New Era Stadium has like 40 Corporate suites and more them half of them are purchased from companys from the Rocherster area. Ralph Wison said 15 years ago, "Even if I build a new stadium, we can't fill it, because we all know it, Buffalo's poor and their squeezing us out, Enjoy your Bills while you have them" exact quote And Buffalo's alot poorer then it was 15 years ago. All the NFL owner share the revenue from the Corporate Suites and the NFL owners are losing millions because of the Bills Stadium. London has NFL Stadium waiting for a NFL team, Austin/San Antonio has plans for NFL Stadium, Jacksonville Jaguars has a lease to 2030 and Jacksonville is growing rapidly and is adding over 35,000 people a year and since 2010 has added nearly 300,000 new residents

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    The reason theirs no new Stadium coming is their's not enough HQ's or large companys in WNY to buy the hundred's of luxury corporate suites that go's with todays New NFL Stadiums Los Angeles's new stadium under construction has 500 Corporate suites, New Era Stadium has like 40 Corporate suites and more them half of them are purchased from companys from the Rocherster area. Ralph Wison said 15 years ago, "Even if I build a new stadium, we can't fill it, because we all know it, Buffalo's poor and their squeezing us out, Enjoy your Bills while you have them" exact quote And Buffalo's alot poorer then it was 15 years ago. All the NFL owner share the revenue from the Corporate Suites and the NFL owners are losing millions because of the Bills Stadium. London has NFL Stadium waiting for a NFL team, Austin/San Antonio has plans for NFL Stadium, Jacksonville Jaguars has a lease to 2030 and Jacksonville is growing rapidly and is adding over 35,000 people a year and since 2010 has added nearly 300,000 new residents
    Not saying that your point is wrong, but it's less believable when you make things up.

- The new LA stadium has 275 suites
    - New Era field has 56 suites
    - Jacksonville population has grown 130k since 2010, and that is for the MSA not just the city
    - the Buffalo GDP has grown over the last 15 years so we're not a lot poorer than 15 years ago
    - And I'd love to see a reference on the Ralph Wilson quote

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    Not saying that your point is wrong, but it's less believable when you make things up.

- Jacksonville population has grown 130k since 2010, and that is for the MSA not just the city
    - the Buffalo GDP has grown over the last 15 years so we're not a lot poorer than 15 years ago
    When it comes right down to it, it’s immaterial whether the new LA stadium has 250 or 500 suites. Buffalo couldn’t fill half of the lower number. It’s been reported too many times to bother citing sources that Buffalo is the third poorest city in America. The fact that the local gdp has grown (if in fact it has; we get a load of fake news here about growth that’s not really happening) is not proof that the area hasn’t gotten poorer.

Unregistered

LA new Stadium actually has 5,000 suites with 7 different levels of Suites
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...828-story.html

The cost of building new NFL Stadium's is sky rocketing every year 2.6 Billion for LA's price keeps going up 1/2 Billion a year or 2
    Buffalo could have built a new Stadium back when Pegula purchased team for around a Billion, why would you wait when the costs are skyrocketing
    Why does No Politian or Pegula don't even want to talk about building a new Stadium ? WHY ? New Era Stadium is the oldest stadium in league and at night it
    shows how outdated it is and looks like a oversized high school football stadium but then again it's 50 years old,

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    When it comes right down to it, it’s immaterial whether the new LA stadium has 250 or 500 suites. Buffalo couldn’t fill half of the lower number. It’s been reported too many times to bother citing sources that Buffalo is the third poorest city in America. The fact that the local gdp has grown (if in fact it has; we get a load of fake news here about growth that’s not really happening) is not proof that the area hasn’t gotten poorer.
    Yes we've all heard Buffalo is the third poorest city and so forth. Buffalo's statistical boundaries also only include the original city and not the suburbs like many of the cities in the west and south. If you want a real look at income you should be comparing MSA's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

And GDP has grown, it's not 'fake news'.

I’ll try to say it louder, just because gdp has risen is not proof the area hasn’t gotten poorer. And the Buffalo SMSA couldn’t sell half as many boxes as LA and let’s don’t deceive ourselves and pretend it can. This region will never rebound until it stops buying the fake news pedaled by the shoe shine rag and other local media.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I’ll try to say it louder, just because gdp has risen is not proof the area hasn’t gotten poorer. And the Buffalo SMSA couldn’t sell half as many boxes as LA and let’s don’t deceive ourselves and pretend it can. This region will never rebound until it stops buying the fake news pedaled by the shoe shine rag and other local media.
    All valid.

Think about this:

The area lost population. The elected officials will say "look we grew population!!!!!" What really happened was people with money or at least with some net worth have seemed to moved to other states. We then had groups who rely on federal money for their paychecks import 1000's of refugees into the area. They imported more refugees than people leaving. So if 14000 people fled Erie County and 14500 refugees were brought in it shows a net gain of 500 people. Here's the catch.

If 14000 people had a net worth of $50,000 each we could have had $700,000,000 million in assets leave the community. That is money that may have been in our local banks or spent at local business.

Now take 14,500 people brought to Erie County with a net worth of what? $500 dollars? I have been told they are brought in with basically nothing. Let's take $500 X 14,500 = $7,250,000 in assets.

$700,000,000 - $7,250,000 = -$692,750,000 loss of net worth.

Now take 14,500 on social services even it if's for a short period of time. I'm pulling this number out of my butt. If each person received $30,000 in services over 1 year 14,500 X $30,000 = $435,000,000 over let's say 10 years.

In past threads I had some figures that showed how many refugees were brought in each year over 10 or so years. If it's 10 years that is like a cost of $43,500,000 a year... I'm pretty sure once the refugee status expires if they under certain income guidelines other safety nets kick in.

Unregistered
    Yes we've all heard Buffalo is the third poorest city and so forth. Buffalo's statistical boundaries also only include the original city and not the suburbs like many of the cities in the west and south. If you want a real look at income you should be comparing MSA's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

And GDP has grown, it's not 'fake news'.
    It's the 6 Figure government jobs and the salaries keep going up every year. WNY biggest employees are, the County of Erie, State of New York, City of Buffalo, Buffalo Public Schools, Federal Government that sucking everything out of the shrinking taxbase

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    New Era Stadium is the oldest stadium in league and at night it
    shows how outdated it is and looks like a oversized high school football stadium but then again it's 50 years old,
    It's not the oldest. Lambeau is older, although Lambeau has had some pretty good renovations including space that can be used year round like a convention center would be, a year round restaurant that's not outrageously priced for being in a stadium, Packers hall of fame, etc.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    It's not the oldest. Lambeau is older, although Lambeau has had some pretty good renovations including space that can be used year round like a convention center would be, a year round restaurant that's not outrageously priced for being in a stadium, Packers hall of fame, etc.
    Green Bay, Metro Green Bay & Milwaukee are all growing & gaining population, Several new glass skyscrapers are going up their and like everywhere else except Buffalo, Milwaukee & Houston are the favorites to get the 2 final NHL expansion teams, Seattle is already getting a NHL expansion Team in 2020

Want to learn how fake news works? NFTA’s effort to bring its neighborhood destroying, job-wrecking subway system to Amherst presents a good example.
    Just how is bring a light rail a neighborhood destroying item?

I know 'Buffalo is Buffalo' and has a propensity to mess things up but everywhere else in the United States there is the formula that after you bring light or hard rail service to an area the property values increase, and growth happens around stations. Are you suggesting the construction will be the issue or the riders? Are you worried that Eggertsville would be taken over by students?

Take for example the homes in Eggertsville. I can not see any logic that would project these homes, which average around $100k to $150k each jumping in value by at least 25% once the light rail is in place. That value may not be there for current owners but it would be there for potential buyers.

In May 2016, a talking head for NFTA was interviewed by Ch 4 raving about the increase in ridership on the failed subway system. It was due to the new age being brought to America by millennials, by the downtown renaissance, blah, blah, blah. All of this was calibrated to garner support among residents and the state legislature for NFTA’s effort to spread the economic devastation caused by the subway to Amherst. Almost exactly a year later, the shoe shine rag was reporting a significant drop in ridership despite all the remarkable things going on in downtown. By last December, we learned that subway ridership had plunged a staggering 19% in only one year for comparable measuring periods. NFTA was forced to acknowledge that it didn’t have a freaking clue about what was happening in its system. The whole situation became an exercise in fake news damage control where the shoe shine rag left NFTA hung by its own petard...it’s ridership decline happened despite the downtown boom, despite millennials flocking to downtown craving public transportation, despite the new medical school, blah, blah , blah. To write otherwise would be to acknowledge the whole house of cards.
    It is 100% true that ridership is down, but there are some points I want to make:

1 - Construction and repairs to the line have caused the frequency of trains to be spread out. In turn, this makes this mode of transportation unreliable either on a permanent basis (e.g., Person no longer takes the train) or a temporary basis (e.g., Person does not take the train 3 out of 10 times because they know the delays from construction)

2 - The busiest year for the Metro was 28,500 daily riders. It's down about 30% to 20,000 daily riders. But extending the line all of the way to Crosspoint would put a massive amount potential employees and students 'on the line' so to speak.

I think there are dozens of cities and lines in front of Buffalo for Federal Funding. So much that it's very probable that funding ever happens. But I am not talking about funding. I am talking about the result of the line.

I’ll try to say it louder, just because GDP has risen is not proof the area hasn’t gotten poorer. And the Buffalo SMSA couldn’t sell half as many boxes as LA and let’s don’t deceive ourselves and pretend it can. This region will never rebound until it stops buying the fake news pedaled by the shoe shine rag and other local media.[/QUOTE]

I think the best way to describe WNY as a whole is to say it's polarized. There is a tremendous amount of poverty and there is a tremendous amount of affluence. What's missing and where most of the losses are being chalked up is the middle.

As for the boxes, one thing I want to point out is NFL owners do not have to share revenues from boxes and club seats. That is a very important part. So while Buffalo can not support a stadium with 125 suites, let alone, 250 or 500 of them...that may not matter. What matters is if Buffalo can sell club seats.

Imagine a 3 level stadium for a moment.

>> The lowest bowl would be built below street level and contain regular seats. Say 22,000. This would have your traditional concourses. Maybe some upgrades.

>> The middle ring would be entirely 'club level' with a separate concourse for both boxes (50 to 70) and club seats. This level would have all of the perks. Say another 22,000 seats here for the club and boxes.

>> The 3rd ring would be similar to the first. 22,000 regular sears serviced by a separate concourse.

My understanding of the NFL rules on revenue sharing means that the Bills would be able to pocket all of the revenues from the middle ring and share with the league the revenues on the 1st and 3rd rings. If my understanding is correct, that would be a massive increase in revenue for the team, while at the same time, keeping a massive number of seats open to the 'average joe' at reasonable prices.

So you could see a ticket price structure like this: Lower Bowl > $250 per game. Middle bowl > $400 per game. Upper Bowl > $100 per game. You could also implement PSLs for the 1st and 2nd bowls at different prices, while keeping the upper bowl open to appease the masses.

My point Grumps is I think there are creative ways to solve this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information