Thread: tax increase, who would have guessed

tax increase, who would have guessed

http://wivb.com/2018/02/19/taxes-cou...ga-homeowners/

at least they’re looking at possibly not screwing the residential properties but businesses get ready to bend over. I’m sure more businesses will flock to the town seeing that the higher tax bill means the best services available in all of WNY.

Tony get ready to raise your prices

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is the only answer they have. Raise taxes. Couple this with the new tax structure and it shows you how bad it is to conduct business in NYS.

The 100 percent assessment makes it easier for some folks to understand their tax bills and exactly what they’re paying,” said town councilman Brian Nowak.
    You are kidding me right?

Does Brian realize that the "total" on the bottom of the tax bill is pretty easy for "folks" to understand?

Although this means high property values for many, it also means people will be paying more in their property tax bills.
    The reason we really are paying more is because the budget keeps increasing due to labor contracts. If everyone's property value doubled the tax rates would just be a lower number to generate the required budget. Correct?

If the budget is 50,000,000 million it's still 50,000,000 even if every property value in town doubled. If every property doubled it doesn't mean the Cheektowaga Democratic Party would receive $100,000,000 dollars to spend. Correct?

“It went basically from $48,000 to $78,000 and then raised it again to $87,000. I told them, they want my house for that much, they can buy it because it won’t sell for that much,” said Croce.
    Does Croce understand the Cheektowaga Democratic Party's hands are tied?

Councilman Nowak told News 4 the town board is still weighing their options whether to assess just commercial properties or to include residential homes.
    I wonder if Mr Nowak reads speakup....

Figure out how to privatize services and/or lower labor costs. Do what ever is needed to accomplish this. The property owners of Cheektowaga are not an employment agency for the friends and family plan of Cheektowaga.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    DAN!!??!?!?!?

You have to read this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2030...tion&ref=notif

Look for the post I made.

"Who remembers when Cheektowaga wasn't strip malls and crappy chain/fast food restaurants?"

The read this posters comments

Danielle Witkowski Merchant

I'm not saying some of the comments are not true. We do have everything in one place and we are basically centrally located.

Danielle Witkowski Merchant Tony Fracasso it’s almost like city living but better. I enjoy the fact everything is close. Here ~ Amherst OP. It’s a hub really that we simply do not capitalize on. I am running for town board damn it. I sell this town everyday.

Danielle Witkowski Merchant Tony Fracasso yes yes yes. We don’t capitalize on it. We have a poor supervisor with a sorta great town board. We don’t do like Lancaster. We used to. But being sooo close to the city is not a selling point till it’s addressed and cleaned up. 88000 Strong that’s all I got. I hold on to it.
    "Sorta great town board" Who is she referring to? How can the word "great" be used while the town has lost population over the last 30 years, we have vacant buildings throughout the town and we pay some of the highest property taxes in the nation?

I don't get the comment about "we have a poor supervisor". It will be difficult for any one person to correct the mistakes of the town board over the last 20+ years.

Danielle Witkowski Merchant Tony Fracasso Brian is extremely bright. I misjudged him big time.
    I don't know Brian well enough to comment on extremely bright or not. I wonder what he has accomplished or laid out over the last 7 weeks to give her this idea.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm just having some fun with this:

https://www.facebook.com/Cheektowaga...aticCommittee/

While property owners scrimp and save to cover the burden this group has placed on us it looks like they eat well

https://www.facebook.com/Cheektowaga...type=3&theater

Let us not forget the group these people associate with:

Thank you again for another hugely successful Paczki Day! Lots of support from Cheektowaga and our Democratic county, state and federal elected officials. We are continuing to build a stronger party and we couldn't do it without your support. #CKTWdems
    Schumer, Cuomo and others who put foreigners best interest over our own children, families and elderly. This very same group across the state supported Hillary.

They may say they don't support certain items of the DNC agenda but you all know that is just bull crap.

That is like saying someone is a member of the KKK but doesn't support their agenda. They are members because they enjoy the cookouts.

In the end support starts at the bottom.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We need to clean house.

Danielle Witkowski Merchant Tony Fracasso as not as bad as Mr. Nowak is. I expected worse he did me a solid to NOT vote on something. He didn’t say no but didn’t say yes either. We lost and I say it’s A HUGE LOSE losing Alice Magierski, Jerry Kaminski INCREDIBLE MAN SMART LIKE YOU SIMPLY CAN IMAGINE.

And now I search for one more redeeming person on that board.??

Let’s just say its say “ trickle down” at its finest. In our town it VERY MUCH comes from the TOP GUYS. I’m just saying. A outstanding progressive leader is imperative to make CHEEKTOWAGASHINE BRIGHTER. Good Morning Facebook friends

Thread Information