Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tops Market's files for Bankruptcy

Unregistered

Tops Market's files for Bankruptcy

Top Market files for Bankruptcy, More empty building's coming and more people will be losing their jobs. Tops is one of WNY's largest employers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...for-bankruptcy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Top Market files for Bankruptcy, More empty building's coming and more people will be losing their jobs. Tops is one of WNY's largest employers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...for-bankruptcy

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...for-bankruptcy

Unregistered
    Also I'm hearing Wegmans Buffalo area stores sales are going down every year and they are cutting the number of employees & employee hours to make up the difference. That's what happening when you keep losing population year after year for decades, too many stores for the shrinking population.

Wegmans is cutting hours in a number of upstate stores. I’m not too surprised. I shop at the Alberta Drive store and have gone in there late at night. It’s damned lonely. I never understood why they kept it open 24/7 as long as they did. I understand this is in keeping with their policy for their stores in other states. There will be employees there 24/7. That’s a prime time for physical plant updates and restocking the shelves. As for Tops, I believe it’s their parent that filed. Doesn’t mean Tops is closing. It could be spun off yet again as it was by Royal A-hole, er, Royal Ahold.

Unregistered
    Lot's of people have to shop at Aldi's, because most of their income is going to pay for the Insane Property Taxes !! & super high utility bills.
    WNY is on what is known as the "Death Spiral" The Tax base keeps shrinking and every time taxes go up, more & more people & business's leave causing the tax base to shrink further and repeat and repeat and repeat, That's why just about everywhere else in the country they don't raise property taxes because it's considered committing economic suicide.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Wegmans is cutting hours in a number of upstate stores. I’m not too surprised. I shop at the Alberta Drive store and have gone in there late at night. It’s damned lonely. I never understood why they kept it open 24/7 as long as they did. I understand this is in keeping with their policy for their stores in other states. There will be employees there 24/7. That’s a prime time for physical plant updates and restocking the shelves. As for Tops, I believe it’s their parent that filed. Doesn’t mean Tops is closing. It could be spun off yet again as it was by Royal A-hole, er, Royal Ahold.
    That how it starts, look at Toys R US, Circuit City, Sports Charlet, Sport Authority, Bon Ton etc...first they file for protection , then a few months later they close some stores, then they close all of their stores. Remember Super Duper, Bells, Quailty Market, Acme, A & P, Wilson Farms, B-Kwik, Twin Fair Super Market etc...simple math too many stores for the shrinking market

Unregistered
    That how it starts, look at Toys R US, Circuit City, Sports Charlet, Sport Authority, Bon Ton etc...first they file for protection , then a few months later they close some stores, then they close all of their stores. Remember Super Duper, Bells, Quailty Market, Acme, A & P, Wilson Farms, B-Kwik, Twin Fair Super Market etc...simple math too many stores for the shrinking market
    Look what already has closed in WNY in just the last 10 to 15 years all the new car dealerships, hospitals, schools, churchs, stores, resturants etc... It's the shrinking population

Unregistered
    Look what already has closed in WNY in just the last 10 to 15 years all the new car dealerships, hospitals, schools, churchs, stores, resturants etc... It's the shrinking population
    Tops has 5,100 Employees in WNY and is 6th Largest employer in WNY

http://wnbf.com/tops-friendly-market...or-bankruptcy/

tops have gone downhill for a while now. Places like price rite and save a lot, the market in the square etc has killed places like Wegmans and tops. walmart prices are not cheap anymore. People are not going to pay the prices from the big stores. I go to price rite alot the only thing you have the deal with are the trashy people that walk in.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Hey Moron...

Tops have not filed for Bankruptcy yet. It's likely they will but that's not what you're claiming. That's because you're a moron.

The majority of the jobs for Tops are at the stores and the majority of those jobs will remain. This is most likely an end around their horrible union and a way to clear debt off the book from the Morgan Stanley deal.

The Morgan Stanley deal returned control of Tops to local ownership. That's key as it gives the best chance for those jobs to remain as well. If Ahold or Morgan Stanley still owned Tops it would be much more likely for the fire sale that you so desperately want because you're an a**hole.

The most likely play is this bankruptcy has been in the works since 2013 and a part of the long-term plan.

its coming idiot.. wake up
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    its coming idiot.. wake up
    Speaking of what's coming I here 2019 Budgets for Depew & West Seneca got bigger deficits then was thought and thats after they just raised property taxes double digits, But then again when Depew residents voted 3 to 1 approve to raise taxes to perserve village life, that it would only get them threw 2017 & 2018 to pay workers salaries, benefits & pensions and would not pay for the millions in debt the village is & in 2019 they would need to raise property taxes double digits again

Tops has 5,100 Employees in WNY and is 6th Largest employer in WNY

http://wnbf.com/tops-friendly-market...or-bankruptcy/

Most Tops stores are like sh@% holes compared to Wegmans. Tops increased customer service by putting self checkout kiosks in stores instead of an actual cashier. Tops employees seem beaten down and don’t give 2 craps , who can blame them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Speaking of what's coming I here 2019 Budgets for Depew & West Seneca got bigger deficits then was thought and thats after they just raised property taxes double digits, But then again when Depew residents voted 3 to 1 approve to raise taxes to perserve village life, that it would only get them threw 2017 & 2018 to pay workers salaries, benefits & pensions and would not pay for the millions in debt the village is & in 2019 they would need to raise property taxes double digits again
    That was a pretty stupid move on their part. "Preserve village life" Let a small group of people control a monopoly of services for a small geographical area. That is what government/politics is all about. At least at the local level in my opinion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Most Tops stores are like sh@% holes compared to Wegmans. Tops increased customer service by putting self checkout kiosks in stores instead of an actual cashier. Tops employees seem beaten down and don’t give 2 craps , who can blame them.
    Wegmans WNY sale's have been going down every year too, thats why the their cuting employees hours & store hours. Also Wegmans or Tops haven't built a new grocery store in metro Buffalo in like 15 or 20 years and before Wegmans & Tops etc.. use to always be building new grocery stores in Metro Buffalo remember ? That should be telling you something ? But Wegmans & all other grocery are still building tons & tons of new grocery stores everywhere outside of WNY. Out in Las Vegas & Phoenix markets their's over 12 Grocery Store chains from Albertson's, Smiths, Frys Safeway, Win Co, Sprouts, Bashas, Whole Foods, Food City, Krogers, Fresh N Easy, Trader Joe's etc... that are constantly adding and building new stores and on just about every other corner has a new grocery store or 2 or 3 being built on the corner or corners

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information