Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tops Market's files for Bankruptcy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That was a pretty stupid move on their part. "Preserve village life" Let a small group of people control a monopoly of services for a small geographical area. That is what government/politics is all about. At least at the local level in my opinion.
    And in The Village of Depew if your having a MI (Heart Attack) CVA (Stroke) or chest pains and you call 911, all you have show up is Depew Police officer, Which can't do anything for you but call a Private Ambulance Co just like then did in the 1960's and their's not even a dedicated or stationed ambulance in the Village of Depew, Scarry ? Depew FD don't even respond to EMS calls in the village and yet Depew FD went door to door to save the village and LIED to the Depew residents and said their Paramedics ? LOL LOL !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    its coming idiot.. wake up
    Are you too stupid to understand the meaning of words like yet?

Ya...you are.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    And in The Village of Depew if your having a MI (Heart Attack) CVA (Stroke) or chest pains and you call 911, all you have show up is Depew Police officer, Which can't do anything for you but call a Private Ambulance Co just like then did in the 1960's and their's not even a dedicated or stationed ambulance in the Village of Depew, Scarry ? Depew FD don't even respond to EMS calls in the village and yet Depew FD went door to door to save the village and LIED to the Depew residents and said their Paramedics ? LOL LOL !!!!
    Also I remember a few days ago in the BN their was a article about a dying girl in a Car Accident in ELMA and article said the Paramedics did every thing they could to save her life More BS or LIES LIES ELMA FD's are not Paramedic Level

Wegmans WNY sale's have been going down every year too, thats why the their cuting employees hours & store hours.
    No dummy, that's not what is going on. Revenue is up to $8.3 billion in 2016 from $7.6 billion in 2015.

The stores they are closing, which is a tiny fraction of the stores they have, are all in locations with demographics that make staying open 24/7 not worth it.

Also Wegmans or Tops haven't built a new grocery store in metro Buffalo in like 15 or 20 years and before Wegmans & Tops etc.. use to always be building new grocery stores in Metro Buffalo remember?
    How many stores do you want Wegmans to build you moron? There is no reason for Wegmans to grow their footprint in WNY because it's fully built out.

Unregistered
    Also I remember a few days ago in the BN their was a article about a dying girl in a Car Accident in ELMA and article said the Paramedics did every thing they could to save her life More BS or LIES LIES ELMA FD's are not Paramedic Level
    AGAIN WHY DON'T THE LOCAL MEDIA AIR STORIES AND ASK QUESTONS WHY 99.999 OF WNY FD'S including BUFFALO FD DON'T PROVIDE PARAMEDIC LEVEL EMS
    which is the national standard everywhere else ??

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I know I tend to go off topic but keep this about tops.

If you are going to post this type of stuff up start a clean threads and point to physical facts about items you are stating.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    No dummy, that's not what is going on. Revenue is up to $8.3 billion in 2016 from $7.6 billion in 2015.

The stores they are closing, which is a tiny fraction of the stores they have, are all in locations with demographics that make staying open 24/7 not worth it.

How many stores do you want Wegmans to build you moron? There is no reason for Wegmans to grow their footprint in WNY because it's fully built out.
    YOU MUST BE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELF, SO YOU NOT WHAT A REAL MORON IS, Wegmans built a new store on Walden ave by the Galleria and closed it. Wegmans is building lots of new stores but in a Virginia, Maryland & the Carolina's

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftwnybecauseofbs View Post
    no dummy, that's not what is going on. Revenue is up to $8.3 billion in 2016 from $7.6 billion in 2015.

How many stores do you want wegmans to build you moron? There is no reason for wegmans to grow their footprint in wny because it's fully built out.
    you must be looking in the mirror at yourself, so you know what a real moron is,

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by wnyresident View Post
    i know i tend to go off topic but keep this about tops.

If you are going to post this type of stuff up start a clean threads and point to physical facts about items you are stating.
    it's all fact !!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    Most Tops stores are like sh@% holes compared to Wegmans. Tops increased customer service by putting self checkout kiosks in stores instead of an actual cashier. Tops employees seem beaten down and don’t give 2 craps , who can blame them.

I physically can see a difference between Wegmans and Tops. I joke with people that when I retire I want to go work in the Wegman's bakery department. Tell me how many rolls and bake goods you need and off I go..

I personally don't like the sales gimmicks or that you need a bonus card to receive better pricing at any store.

One example

1 bag of potato chips at $5 but if you buy two the price is $4.50 per bag for a savings of $1

First off you didn't "save" anything because the transaction cost you $9 instead of $5. You left the store spending $4 more for that one transaction.

Say the mark up was 25%.

The bag of chips cost them $3.75 selling 1 bag at $5 for a gross profit of $1.25 per transaction.

If you purchase 2 bags at $4.50 they make 75 cents per bag but you walk out with 2 bags for a profit of $1.50 per transaction. They made 25 cents more gross profit. Multiple that times 10,000 shoppers and it starts to add up.

I would rather walk into a store and physically save money. A savings would be when 20 other businesses are selling 1 bag of chips for $5 and the "sale" is $4.50. You saved 50 cents compared to anywhere else you could go shop.

These type of gimmicks do not help the elderly/lower income people.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    it's all fact !!
    Prove it in another thread. You seem to act like you know a lot about volly services.

YOU MUST BE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELF, SO YOU NOT WHAT A REAL MORON IS, Wegmans built a new store on Walden ave by the Galleria and closed it. Wegmans is building lots of new stores but in a Virginia, Maryland & the Carolina's

The walden av store was built as a temporary store while remodeling and the complete leveling of the dick rd store was being done. It was never planned on a long term store , that’s why it closed when wegmans was done with major construction projects in town. It was just to keep a presence and not let Tops get too much market share.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    The walden av store was built as a temporary store while remodeling and the complete leveling of the dick rd store was being done. It was never planned on a long term store , that’s why it closed when wegmans was done with major construction projects in town. It was just to keep a presence and not let Tops get too much market share.
    How about the Chase Pickin store that was built next store to it and connected to it ? was that a temporary store too ? Wegman's lost 100's of millions , Another reason why Wegmans is investing and building all of it's new stores in growing markets and in boom towns in the Carolina's, Virginia's & Maryland etc....where lots of WNY's already have moved too and more & more are fleeing to every day .

The Walden Ave store that was closed 11 years ago? Please tell me your ******* has more than a store closing 11 years ago.

Wegmans has been in WNY since the 70s. Of course, they are building out more stores in brand new markets compared to markets they have been in for close to 50 years....you idiot.

You made the claim that Wegman's sales were going down and you were wrong. You're a moron and you make sh*t up. You have a very sad existence.

How about the Chase Pickin store that was built next store to it and connected to it ? was that a temporary store too ? Wegman's lost 100's of millions , Another reason why Wegmans is investing and building all of it's new stores in growing markets and in boom towns in the Carolina's, Virginia's & Maryland etc....where lots of WNY's already have moved too and more & more are fleeing to every day .

Don’t be a total retard about these store closings. Chase pitkin was a small player in a big world, they couldn’t survive once Home Depot and Lowe’s made their way up north. So 10 chase pitkins closed but now there’s Home Depot’s and Lowe’s everywhere, still in business! This area is built out as far as Wegmans is concerned. Where or where did people shop in these other areas before the arrival of the mighty wegmans? Sub par stores in these areas will be closing also

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information