Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have all the gadflies gone

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I don't know but she did mention Amy Robb by name.
    At 5:27
    https://cloudup.com/cOqmr8fSJDx
    No doubt she did Ms. Gorja. It certainly says a great deal of joint work of the Council and "The Bee."

Quote Originally Posted by DebLemaster View Post
    LOL!!!
    Will be in Florida for next one. Promise to join you for meetings after that....
    Enjoy your trip. See you when I see you

Georgia L Schlager

Nice speech Lee, was the sound track in the background Bruce Springsteen Glory Days? You do not make it to any meetings but you can still pat yourself on the back with a keyboard in front of you . Do you do yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Nice speech Lee, was the sound track in the background Bruce Springsteen Glory Days? You do not make it to any meetings but you can still pat yourself on the back with a keyboard in front of you . Do you do yoga?
    No Greg, no yoga. My serious and painful back issues limit me to short walking distances, ability to stand for but a few minutes and to sit on hard chairs for only a short period. That is why I stopped attending town and LCSD meetings – after 18 years of religiously attending town board meetings and at least 10 of school district meetings; making at least 90% of the meetings.

What is puzzling and disturbing to me, Greg, is that you know all this and continue to deride me. You speak of the importance of ethics, against bullying and acceptance yet practice just the opposite in real life.

And what is even more puzzling to me is that you do things as a businessman who should know better; not only as a businessman but one seeking a political office as well.

As to my staying active and participating on the keyboard, that is now possible because the meetings are now recorded on the town’s website – and before that thanks to gorja’s putting the recordings on the website, as well as the work sessions. Or, am I not entitled to comment because I am no longer relevant in your opinion.

BTW – How many town board meetings have you attended or spoke at? Very few from what I have been told by those that do.

A high profile public presence is fine, but such a presence should not be the standard by which someone's fact-based thoughts and opinions are reduced. Bear in mind, you need not be a potato to define one.

Speak Up will probably not impact world civilization, but the purpose it serves, the free expression of thought, always has. In that connection, some of history's greatest insights were presented by those participating from the sidelines.

Ever hear of Dostoyevsky, Voltaire, or Tolstoy?

Please, there are enough straw-men issues impacting Speak up. Let's not get into this "I care more than you" nonsense.

Any opinion is worthy of consideration, especially those grounded in fact.

Regarding Lee, his lengthy historic participation and thoughtful commentaries, lend a perspective and an insight into our community's collective whole that few, myself included, can match. His wisdom, agree or disagree with his words, provide a public service, to the exclusion of private profit.

(I certainly do not agree with all of Lee's positions. But when my views conflict with his, it compels me to double-check my facts, and look at my position from a different perspective. If I remain confident of my viewpoint, and am then intellectually confident with my position.)

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 17th, 2018 at 10:14 PM.

Lee, put your glasses on again . I said Lord is irrelevant.I do not understand your concern for my business and now you claim political aspirations?Another example of you spinning again and making up BS.I am just a Lancaster high graduate that goes to work everyday and hopes to get by. How could a little guy like me compete with college educated, political godfathers,and people who will sell themselves out? I turned away all village and town of Lancaster work. I still volunteer and donate to my community because I Love my community and do much more then keyboard for 18 years. Mark is correct stick to facts because your speculations remind me of Hillary Clinton polling numbers.

I am just a Lancaster high graduate that goes to work everyday and hopes to get by. How could a little guy like me compete with college educated, political godfathers,and people who will sell themselves out? I turned away all village and town of Lancaster work. I still volunteer and donate to my community because I Love my community
    This is a taxpayer opinion forum Greg, and therefore, your voice is just as valid as any other commentator.

College attendance, political pedigree, and inside influence is class-conscience horsesh*t. No one has asked me that question when I pay three taxes each year; if polite, the receiving clerk may acknowledge payment with a "Thank you." That's it.

If Lancaster does function under a political and social caste system, it is only because the voices of the Sojkas and Chowaniecs are most likely marginalized because of a public perception of futility.

It seems to me that the Speak Up forum is one channel to remedy that collective ill.

Lee, put your glasses on again . I said Lord is irrelevant.I do not understand your concern for my business and now you claim political aspirations?Another example of you spinning again and making up BS.I am just a Lancaster high graduate that goes to work everyday and hopes to get by. How could a little guy like me compete with college educated, political godfathers,and people who will sell themselves out? I turned away all village and town of Lancaster work. I still volunteer and donate to my community because I Love my community and do much more then keyboard for 18 years. Mark is correct stick to facts because your speculations remind me of Hillary Clinton polling numbers.
    Are you seriously denying that you ran for the Town of Lancaster Republican Party Chair this past year?

Are you denying that you accepted tree work from the Town of Lancaster (by resolution) but a few months ago?

The BS Greg and spinning comes from you never answering anyone's question but diverting to demeaning someone because you don't have any facts to substantiate your unfounded allegations and scurrilous comments - and all with the cover-up, "I still volunteer and donate to my community because I Love my community" claptrap.

You're a phony Greg.

Good Morning Lee, your doing your hokey pokey spin again. Stay on track! Show me your facts to substantiate your unfounded claims. Lee, you are a bitter arrogant man.

Good Morning Lee, your doing your hokey pokey spin again. Stay on track! Show me your facts to substantiate your unfounded claims. Lee, you are a bitter arrogant man.
    Irrelevant! Wow, aren't you the pot calling the kettle black

A synonym for irrelevant is pointless which certainly defines many of your posts.

You cut and paste posts from the Buffalo News with no other commentary. I call that pointless, as I can read the articles in the news.

Many of your other posts make inflaming statements.

When you are questioned or asked to simply provide your documentation to validate your claims, you are unable to deliver, which also makes you pointless.

The only retort you can provide is a personal attack.

Leave out the criticism and simply answer valid questions and queries

Another anonymous comment put right in the rubbish can. Pray for the courage and use your real name. Many articles,reports,and comments are cut and pasted on this forum. Many readers chose not to buy the Buffalo News,subscribe,or afford it. Like the Good Samaritan I am here to help my community.

Another anonymous comment put right in the rubbish can. Pray for the courage and use your real name. Many articles,reports,and comments are cut and pasted on this forum. Many readers chose not to buy the Buffalo News,subscribe,or afford it. Like the Good Samaritan I am here to help my community.
    "The Good Samaritan" is a very interesting analogy that you apply to Speak Up Greg, and the implicit comparison of the forum to road from Jerusalem to Jericho is not lost on me.

In terms of character assassination, and putting personal holdings at risk, Speak Up can be a very dangerous place.

Although I sense that you are comparing yourself to the one rendering charitable assistance to the needy victim, it was suggested by Dr. MLK Jr., that the priest and the Levite worried about the existence of additional thieves, who would attack the Samaritan in the same way as the injured.

But even more alarming, was the consideration that the victim himself may have been an outlaw actor, and was using feigned injury as bait to do violence upon the charitable responder.

Ergo, both the priest and the Levite were concerned about their own reckless disregard for self-preservation. As King observed: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?"

The same is true with personal identities on Speak Up.

Many feel that the presentation of their views is the important factor: to awaken a sleeping community to issues of urgency. They also feel it unnecessary to risk the welfare of their families and their personal holdings. Actually, that is the prudent approach, IMHO.

While I choose not to post with anonymity, I can not fault well-intentioned posters that use screen names.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 18th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

Right back you, and into the garbage. I will take this deflection as proof positive that you cannot answer the questions I posed.

I am going to stop asking, as you continually demonstrate the inability to provide a straight answer

Keep up the good work as the good Samaritan Paper Boy

They weren’t claims Greg; they were questions which I already knew the answer to. I rarely ask questions that I don’t know the answer to.

My first question asked: Are you seriously denying that you ran for the Town of Lancaster Republican Party Chair this past year? As usual, you gave no answer, and that’s a good thing Greg because you did run for Republican Party Chair when the previous Chair resigned – and I know committee members who have substantiated that fact.

The second question was: Are you denying that you accepted tree work from the Town of Lancaster (by resolution) but a few months ago?

You could have simply answered by saying: “No’, I did not do any work for the town last year and the resolution you were referring to was for approval for a special use permit to shred topsoil.” And, I would have accepted that because it’s true; but I would ask why you turn down Town or Village work – or is it that they don’t offer it to you for whatever reason.

However, your response was, “Prove it.” That reply doesn’t say much for the credibility or integrity of a Good Samaritan.

Lastly, Greg, to deny voice to the Speakup posters who decide to post anonymously, for whatever reason, and/or discredit their posts as useless says much about your tolerance and inclusiveness.

Lee, you stated I was seeking political office. The Lancaster republican chair is an unpaid volunteer position. You stated, are you denying I accepted tree work from Lancaster in the past few months ? Lee lies again. . I have refused 4 bids for Lancaster on work . I refuse the work because of the idea i am getting political favors . You stated,I have only attended a few Lancaster board meetings recently. Lee lies again . Lee, now your babbling about a special use permit for topsoil ????? Lee lies again . I do not have anything to do with topsoil. Show me the facts to substantiate your unfounded claims.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information