Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studying Niagara Falls Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I agree with you that it does boil down to “others” are using “their” street, ...
    I have no problem with anyone using my street... well, except for those racist camel horses. Damn them!

Hey, have we talked about diagonal parking returning to Main Street in Williamsville? [Ooops, maybe that'd be racist, too???]

Say what?!?!? The Village - know as working class. Huh. Lived near the village for over half a century... never ever heard that. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    I have no problem with anyone using my street...

Hey, have we talked about diagonal parking returning to Main Street in Williamsville?
    Not sure where you're going with this...

I think 45-degree return parking is wonderful in combination with bulb-outs. Here is a good overview on this: http://www.sfbetterstreets.org/find-...rb-extensions/ You actually add a significant amount of parking on the same distance, as well as, by defining spots you can get a higher usage of street parking. e.g., you avoid the person taking up three spaces because they don't have the skills to park in an urban environment.

Say what?!?!? The Village - know as working class. Huh. Lived near the village for over half a century... never heard that. Interesting.
    Compared to 'kids from East' or 'kids from North'...the "Kids from South' have always come from more 'working-class' families. Should say I didn't have much exposure to SH kids and the crowd I knew from Amherst were closer to Judges Row and 'almost Nichols' than other parts of that school.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of money in the Village and south of Maple but it's not the same as north of Maple. Of course, we were all considered rich kids by other towns, but my comment was on the various communities in the town.

Fascinating how the topic of studying the boulevard morphs into a discussion of racist traffic suggestions on Main Street in Williamsville.

Diag parking in the village would be way cool, no doubt. not so sure it's practical at this point. And for those promoting it, best of luck achieving buy-in from NYS DOT.

no idea what the various high schools have to do with anything here(?). Maybe some kind of clickish gang-mentality stratification folklore.

Originally posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS:
    I think 45-degree return parking is wonderful in combination with bulb-outs. Here is a good overview on this: http://www.sfbetterstreets.org/find-...rb-extensions/ You actually add a significant amount of parking on the same distance, as well as, by defining spots you can get a higher usage of street parking. e.g., you avoid the person taking up three spaces because they don't have the skills to park in an urban environment.
    Love this idea. The Village of Lancaster would do well with 45° parking, IMHO.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Does 45 degree versus 90 degree make any difference when it comes to snow removal?

Fascinating how the topic of studying the boulevard morphs into a discussion of racist traffic suggestions on Main Street in Williamsville.
    Are you new to the internet? Message boards? Maybe there is a local group playing Mah-Jongg every Tuesday with a structured conversation that would be a better fit for you? Just a thought.

Diag parking in the village would be way cool, no doubt. not so sure it's practical at this point. And for those promoting it, best of luck achieving buy-in from NYS DOT.
    Good point.

no idea what the various high schools have to do with anything here(?). Maybe some kind of clicks gang-mentality stratification folklore.
    Get off my lawn. Ya, makes zero sense that a town with close to 125,000 residents might have different community characteristics based on the part of town people live in and that schools also divide the town into various sections. No sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Does 45 degree versus 90 degree make any difference when it comes to snow removal?
    Don't think it would. Bulb-outs would I think take more effort to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Love this idea. The Village of Lancaster would do well with 45° parking, IMHO.
    On Central, right? How would that work? The road does not appear wide enough to have diag on both sides... so it would only be on one side(?), and shift the lanes to the other? I guess. Why not. I have no horse in that race, so it would have any impact on me of which I am aware.

On Central, right? How would that work? The road does not appear wide enough to have diag on both sides... so it would only be on one side(?), and shift the lanes to the other? I guess. Why not. I have no horse in that race, so it would have any impact on me of which I am aware.
    I just though it work with the bulb outs that they have on the east side. Maybe 45° on the east side? It doesn't affect me either. I always liked the Mayberry look

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Don't think it would. Bulb-outs would I think take more effort to clear.
    When they first reconstructed the Lancaster village with the bulb outs, the first thing I thought was - did they think about winter when they did this?

I drive through there everyday and it doesn't seem to be an issue

Georgia L Schlager

My kids are grown but they went to Windermere Blvd school in the Amherst district right at the time that MJ Peterson was converting the Allenhurst Apts to sec 8 housing. I’ll tell you that the reaction of those who had sent their kids to the rarified environment of Smallwood when their kids meshed with the Windermere crowd in middle school was hardly folklore. There were some downright comical stories that arose. Turns out the kids handled it a lot better than some of their folks!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I just though it work with the bulb outs that they have on the east side. Maybe 45° on the east side? It doesn't affect me either. I always liked the Mayberry look
    I call it the Grosse Pointe look but ya. Same page.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Not in Buffalo. They don’t plow their streets.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Not in Buffalo. They don’t plow their streets.
    I think they call it Solar Plowing....

That’s funny!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information