Thread: Q Anonymous Related Articles & Videos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weissman - Consistently Sleazy & Unethical

John Solomon writes...

The ink was still drying on special counsel Robert Mueller’s appointment papers when his chief deputy, the famously aggressive and occasionally controversial prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, made a bold but secret overture in early June 2017.

Weissmann quietly reached out to the American lawyers for Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash with a tempting offer: Give us some dirt on Donald Trump in the Russia case, and Team Mueller might make his 2014 U.S. criminal charges go away.

The specifics of the never-before-reported offer were confirmed to me by multiple sources with direct knowledge, as well as in contemporaneous defense memos I read.

At first blush, one might ask, “What’s the big deal?” It’s not unusual for federal prosecutors to steal a page from Monty Hall’s “Let’s Make a Deal” script during plea negotiations.

But Weissmann’s overture was wrapped with complexity and intrigue far beyond the normal federal case, my sources indicate.

At the time, pressure was building inside the DOJ and the FBI to find smoking-gun evidence against Trump in the Russia case because the Steele dossier — upon which the early surveillance warrants were based — was turning out to be an uncorroborated mess. (“There’s no big there there,” lead FBI agent Pete Strzok texted a few days before Weissmann’s overture.)

Remarkably, Firtash turned down Weissmann’s plea overtures even though the oligarch has been trapped in Austria for five years, fighting extradition on U.S. charges in Chicago alleging that he engaged in bribery and corruption in India related to a U.S. aerospace deal. He denies the charges.

The oligarch’s defense team told me that Firtash rejected the deal because he didn’t have credible information or evidence on the topics Weissmann outlined.

Read more here...
    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ould-boomerang

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DF7D772-AB56-444B-B607-754E5B15639E.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	12439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D813DFB-FD86-4E9D-BEFE-4FB2236F723E.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	12440  

Thread Information