Anyone have a pet that has suffered from cognitive dysfunction (doggie alzheimers)?
My poor little girl has had symptoms for about 9 months now. She now has to be diapered. She goes to the bathroom every time she goes outside. She could go out urinate and come back in look me in the eye and squat on the floor. The behavior does come and go. She is not incontinent. The vet had recommended a dog food called Bright Minds. She is a fussy eater and won't eat it.

Her latest symptom over the last couple months is her night walking. She walks up to the top of my pillow licks my face, runs to the end of the bed, jumps off does a lap around the house and repeats and repeats and repeats like she is on a habitrail. It's usually been about 5 out of 7 days a week. It's rough for me since in the winter I try to get up at 1:30 in case my driveway needs shoveling. I feel blessed as two nights in a row now she has slept through the night. I don't know if this is going to be a behavior that comes and goes also.

After reading this article - https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-c...ems-older-dogs , I may ask Dr Mt Pleasantt in March when my girl gets her rabies shot if she is a candidate for Anipryl.

When the weather is better, we can walk gain and tire her out. She is 15 1/2 and last summer she would walk the 5 miles on cooler mornings