Thread: Amazon 20 finalist cities

Amazon 20 finalist cities

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised the waterfront and the relaxing wooden chairs didn't swing this our way.

I'm surprised with all the success of economic development at the net tax payers expense that Amazon didn't have Buffalo in the top 20.

I'm surprised with the brain trusts running our state and local communities Amazon didn't fall over themselves to build right next to solar city. Look how green we are.

You all know I'm being completely sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm surprised the waterfront and the relaxing wooden chairs didn't swing this our way.

I'm surprised with all the success of economic development at the net tax payers expense that Amazon didn't have Buffalo in the top 20.

I'm surprised with the brain trusts running our state and local communities Amazon didn't fall over themselves to build right next to solar city. Look how green we are.

You all know I'm being completely sarcastic.
    Neither did any sites in Arizona make it , gasp

Unregistered
    TE=Dan Roman;1775933]Neither did any sites in Arizona make it , gasp [/QUOTE]

AZ wasn't giving billions of dollars of public money away, that's why lol But anyways AZ doesn't need Amazon HQ2's but Amazon already has 6 fulfillment centers in AZ and just opened a new IT Center & Customer Service Center in AZ, HQ2's is small change compared to Bill Gates building Microsoft's Smart City in AZ, Everyday new National & International HQ's, Hubs, Tect & IT's center's locate to AZ, Just now the AZ Governor announced another a Big Win For AZ, that Geico is building a new 23 acre campus and relocating jobs & conslidating services to Tucson AZ bringing 1,000 of new jobs to Arizona, A couple of days the Governor announce Sky Bridge was investing 100's of millions & 20,000 new jobs to Mesa.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Amazon picks 20 finalists for its second headquarters

Amazon picks 20 finalists for its second headquarters

Amazon has released a "short" list of cities it's considering for its second headquarters.

But the list isn't exactly short.

The 20 potential cities are Atlanta; Austin; Boston; Chicago; Columbus, Ohio; Dallas; Denver; Indianapolis; Los Angeles; Miami; Montgomery County, Maryland; Nashville; Newark; New York City; Northern Virginia; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Raleigh; Toronto and Washington, D.C.

Last year, Amazon (AMZN) received bids from 238 cities and regions from across 54 states, provinces, districts and territories across North America. The company said it would make a decision in 2018.
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/18/tech...ist0927AMStory

After months of waiting, Amazon revealed its not-so-short list of possible cities for its second headquarters.

The list features 20 names, which may sound like a lot. But remember: Amazon (AMZN) received 238 proposals.

Atlanta, Georgia
    Austin, Texas
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Chicago, Illinois
    Columbus, Ohio
    Dallas, Texas
    Denver, Colorado
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Los Angeles, California
    Miami, Florida
    Montgomery County, Maryland
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Newark, New Jersey
    New York City, New York
    Northern Virginia, Virginia
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Toronto, Ontario
    Washington, D.C.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised that legally any government entity can give money taken by taxes to a company that will compete with the businesses that tax money was taken from.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm surprised that legally any government entity can give money taken by taxes to a company that will compete with the businesses that tax money was taken from.
    What's funny the taxpayers paid 750 Million to build Solar City and theirs similar sized or even larger buildings going up out here all over the place and they are only costing in the 40 million range to build

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We can't verify exactly what that building on the water front cost to compare to other buildings.

Even so I wouldn't want to see 750,000,000 given to any company that would compete against others. IE: Amazon head quarters. Now if money had to be spent to connect the building to the electric grid, a sewer line, water line and a road within reason some spending would be expected.

If Amazon had NYC as a finalist it might make for a good class action lawsuit to prevent it. No NY State tax money at all other than infrastructure hook up.

Thread Information