Thread: Erie County Union Workers Get Raises

Unregistered

Erie County Union Workers Get Raises

Erie County Largest Union emplyoee's ratifies new 6 year Contract with pay raises & rectroctive pay bonsus's, How do you pay for the pay raises with the already shrinking taxbase ? I know, Just raises taxes again just like they have been doing every year for the last 47 years in row. whhttp://buffalonews.com/2018/01/17/white-collar-union-for-erie-county-ratifies-six-year-contract-with-raises/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Erie County Largest Union emplyoee's ratifies new 6 year Contract with pay raises & rectroctive pay bonsus's, How do you pay for the pay raises with the already shrinking taxbase ? I know, Just raises taxes again just like they have been doing every year for the last 47 years in row. http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/17/wh...t-with-raises/
    They get 2.5% raise every year till 2022, Erie County is obligated to pay them raises every year matter what happens, Only in WNY does the government give contracts like that

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Incompetent people in control.

Erie County Largest Union emplyoee's ratifies new 6 year Contract with pay raises & rectroctive pay bonsus's, How do you pay for the pay raises with the already shrinking taxbase ? I know, Just raises taxes again just like they have been doing every year for the last 47 years in row. whhttp://buffalonews.com/2018/01/17/white-collar-union-for-erie-county-ratifies-six-year-contract-with-raises/
    I have to say your posts on SPEAKUP WNY are just not true.

Might be nice if you got out and drove around a bit.

Actually, the property tax base in the region has risen steadily the past several years, primarily driven by a boom in private-sector investment in Buffalo (especially downtown) and the upswing in real property values region-wide. Take a drive downtown, jennifer7, and see for yourself.

Buffalo is just not the expletive you repeatedly call it. Downtown is seeing fantastic growth. I just happened to be on Main St. the other day (you can even drive on a lot of Main downtown) and was shocked to see rehabbed buildings all around the Market Arcade area. Apartments all over the place, yes private-sector growth. Take a drive to the West Side and the Elmwood Strip. Things are anything but what you call it. Hertel Ave. is also seeing growth. So is the University District. Sure the East Side around the Broadway Market needs help, but since you read and post the Buffalo News, they just wrote a huge story about urban farming there a day or so ago.

Get out of the house and take a ride around and maybe the constant frown you project can turn upside down into a smile.

I do recall the Town of Lancaster approving raises for one year recently.
    Last edited by Breezy; January 17th, 2018 at 08:04 PM.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Breezy;1775753]I have to say your posts on SPEAKUP WNY are just not true.

Actually, the property tax base in the region has risen steadily the past several years, primarily driven by a boom in private-sector investment in Buffalo (especially downtown) and the upswing in real property values region-wide. Take a drive downtown, jennifer7, and see for yourself.

Buffalo is still the 3rd poorest & most distressed US city for the last 15 years
    Buffalo has been losing population every single year for the last 50 years in a row
    Canal Side has no private investment NONE !! and is losing millions every single year
    Depew & Town of Evans will go Bankrupt without raising property taxes double digits % every year for forever ..........................
    West Seneca, Hamburg, Cheektowaga are right behind them, Cheektowaga,is so broke, it can't even afford 4th of July fire works or new K9
    The tallest building in WNY, One Seneca Tower is vacant & bankrupt and worthless, The Convention Center, Main Place Mall are ghost towns
    The little bit of construction In Buffalo is fully or mostly public money and that's going to dry up with NYS having a 5 billion deficit and larger deficits coming in 2019

And that's just for starter's

[QUOTE=jennifer7;1775794]
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I have to say your posts on SPEAKUP WNY are just not true.

Buffalo is still the 3rd poorest & most distressed US city for the last 15 years
    Buffalo has been losing population every single year for the last 50 years in a row
    Canal Side has no private investment NONE !! and is losing millions every single year
    Depew & Town of Evans will go Bankrupt without raising property taxes double digits % every year for forever ..........................
    West Seneca, Hamburg, Cheektowaga are right behind them, Cheektowaga,is so broke, it can't even afford 4th of July fire works or new K9
    The tallest building in WNY, One Seneca Tower is vacant & bankrupt and worthless, The Convention Center, Main Place Mall are ghost towns
    The little bit of construction In Buffalo is fully or mostly public money and that's going to dry up with NYS having a 5 billion deficit and larger deficits coming in 2019

And that's just for starter's
    EVERY one of those are just not true.

I don't know if you are a glass is half empty kind of gal, or just a miserable grump who is always depressed.

How do you get up in the morning ???

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Breezy;1776083]

I don't know if you are a glass is half empty kind of gal, or just a miserable grump who is always depressed.

EVERYONE OF THOSE IS 100% TRUE AND I'M RELIEVED I'M NOT LOSING MY A$$ with the shrinking tax base and the skyrocketing costs of the providing the services is happening faster then the speed of light with large pay raises, pension spiking, retirement bonus's YOUR THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE DEPRESSED BECAUSE THE WORST DAYS ARE YET TO COME, AND THEIR COMING SOON, KEEP ON DOING MORE OF THE SAME AND KEEP RAISING TAXES

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Breezy;1776083]

Here's a video from yesterday It's called Reality see the One Seneca Tower went bankrupt is empty & vacant and needs over 1 Billion of repairs, not million but Billion, that's the future of Cheektowaga, Depew, Tonawanda's, West Seneca and etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiwY5oDzZYg

Thread Information