Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsl

anyones neighbor

Dsl

A friend came to help me hook this up this morning. She's done her own & someone elses as well. THREE times we went through the motions, the last time we thought was the charm. Got all the way past my getting a username & password & it froze. There's been several FAIL things come up. Who can I call to set this up for me? I thought it was going to be a breeze but guess not.

Thumbs up Who is your DSL Provider

I can help you.

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry A View Post
    I can help you.
    Verizon! She went all through the filters etc. & even unplugged a couple of phones but still no luck.

what operating system? What are the lights on the modem doing?

How many times is the phone line split before it gets to the modem?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Call Verizon!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Verizon can be very useless. Especially when your having intermitten connections issues like I had. I would call, their phone system would do a 'line check' and determine everything to be fine and hang up on me.

Id have to call billing, and then have them transfer me to tech support to talk to some guy that thinks, that plugging the modm inot the outlet in the living room, instead of into the box in the basement where the line comes into the house, would some how solve the problem.

It wasnt until I E-Mailed every person I could find relating to Verizon, did something happen... Infact, they called me, and after talking to the guy in the Noetwork Operations Center in Canada, he had asked if I had family that works for verizon because in all his years of working there, he had never once seen a trouble ticket come down from the TOP.

So what was the problem? One of their 'routers' on THEIR end took a crap. After replacing it, (took about 2 weeks to figure it out) everything was fine. Plus I got 6 months free for my trouble.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    what operating system? What are the lights on the modem doing?

How many times is the phone line split before it gets to the modem?
    Vista
    Lights were all blinking.
    Twice.
    At one point we got all the way to the end, had a name & all that, and it froze! Xed it out & started over again. Not sure I can go around & connect it all again because I'm disabled & I can't bend over very well. Is it possible to hire someone to do this for me do ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry A View Post
    I can help you.
    jerry, what is the better system right now? twc or the verzion v. im looking to dump twc there prices are off the wall.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

anyones neighbor
    VERIZON SUCKS!
    This morning I had 2 oriental women & couldn't hear or understand either one. Finally gave up & HUNG up. Decided it was Monday & maybe too busy. Waited till about 3 & tried again. Couldn't get anyone this time. IF anyone understands technical stuff, I'm getting these 3 failures every time I go through this stuff.
    TCP/IP binding fail
    Adapter enabled fail
    DHCP fail
    So there you have it. The saga of trying to connect to DSL! I've called for a tech to come next Monday. $65 an hour. He should be able to zip through it in 1/2 that time because everythings connected. Just needs to troubleshoot!
    Very expensive deal here I'm fearing.

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    VERIZON SUCKS!
    This morning I had 2 oriental women & couldn't hear or understand either one. Finally gave up & HUNG up. Decided it was Monday & maybe too busy. Waited till about 3 & tried again. Couldn't get anyone this time. IF anyone understands technical stuff, I'm getting these 3 failures every time I go through this stuff.
    TCP/IP binding fail
    Adapter enabled fail
    DHCP fail
    So there you have it. The saga of trying to connect to DSL! I've called for a tech to come next Monday. $65 an hour. He should be able to zip through it in 1/2 that time because everythings connected. Just needs to troubleshoot!
    If this is a PPPoe connection which means that the connection depends on a username/password exchange before it will connect then that is probably where the problem is. These username/password combination's must be entered exactly as they appear and are case sensitive. Check the combo to make sure it is exactly what they gave you.

Make sure that the connections are as follows: Computer - Modem - Phone Junction Box
    OR if you have a router then: Computer - Router - Modem - Phone Junction Box

Did they give you a software to install at the computer? If so has this been installed? If so, have you gone through the steps including the setup of the username/password?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software to recreate the steps once more.
    Last edited by mikenold; March 8th, 2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added

Originally posted by anyones neighbor:
    VERIZON SUCKS!
    TCP/IP binding fail
    Adapter enabled fail
    DHCP fail
    Maybe you need to be not so sweet.
    This guy or girl got Verizon to send someone out for free.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r222...tel-7500-Modem

Georgia L Schlager

Cool Verizon DSL

I have Verizon DLS for internet only no phone service. When everything is connected from the modem directly to your computer, check to make sure all of the lights from the right one and two are solid and the third is blinking. Once that happens you should be on line. Right click on your Network connections on the desktop and see if it says that your are connected. To make sure that your outer network is working ask the Verizon person to PING your modem, if they ask other questions tell them you want to talk with a supervisor.
    I am a Microsoft Certified Eng. Let me know.

anyones neighbor
    Actually, Verizon called ME about 5:15 or so. Says it's not showing a connection. I told him I had disconnected everything because it wasn't working. HE says, a tech is coming tomorrow afternoon to GET ME HOOKED UP HERE! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Apologies all over the place, even from a supervisor and I didn't even ASK for her, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    Actually, Verizon called ME about 5:15 or so. Says it's not showing a connection. I told him I had disconnected everything because it wasn't working. HE says, a tech is coming tomorrow afternoon to GET ME HOOKED UP HERE! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Apologies all over the place, even from a supervisor and I didn't even ASK for her, LOL!
    It looks like my original advice was best!

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    It looks like my original advice was best!
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information