Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durbin asserts Trump said '****hole countries,' disputing Republicans' account

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Durbin asserts Trump said '****hole countries,' disputing Republicans' account

Who's side are these people on? The democrats seem to put everyone's best interest before our nation's own best best interest. Closed door meeting and Durbin runs out of the room to tell everyone that trump said.

Durbin asserts Trump said '****hole countries,' disputing Republicans' account

Watch Jake Tapper's exclusive interview with Sen. Dick Durbin on CNN's "The Lead" at 4 p.m. ET.

Washington (CNN)Sen. Dick Durbin asserted Tuesday that President Donald Trump called certain African nations "****hole countries" during a bipartisan meeting on immigration reform at the White House last week, despite evolving explanations from some Republicans.

"Let me say they're wrong. I can tell you explicitly they are wrong," the Illinois Democrat told CNN's Jake Tapper in an exclusive sit-down interview. "And let me also say, is that their defense, that S-House is acceptable, S-Hole he would never say? Come on. To think that the President of the United States would refer to any country on Earth as an S-House country, for goodness' sakes, what does that say?"
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politi...ntv/index.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Trump's "****hole" remark has had implications in Washington and abroad.
    What it really was is:

Durbin's actions has had implications in Washington and abroad. No one would have known the term was used in this closed door meeting. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What it really was is:

Durbin's actions has had implications in Washington and abroad. No one would have known the term was used in this closed door meeting. Right?
    Durban is complicit in sacrificing our citizens to the benefit of illegals .. he is a treasonous a hole himself.

You're right; kill the messenger. Never mind that if Trump hadn't made that comment, none of this would be happening, right? It's all Durbin's fault that Trump insulted a bunch of impoverished, corrupt third world countries....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    You're right; kill the messenger. Never mind that if Trump hadn't made that comment, none of this would be happening, right? It's all Durbin's fault that Trump insulted a bunch of impoverished, corrupt third world countries....
    Regardless of if this was said or not, Durbin is not a messenger. He is a leak. There is a difference, regardless if you accept it or not. Are you that naive to think that in the last 100 years there have not been similar comments said in closed-door meetings by both sides? Come on man. Drop the altruistic bull s**t.

LBJ was a racist while at the same time pushing forward civil rights. Hell, the guy repeatedly called the Civil Rights Act the “ni**er bill” but that was all done behind closed doors.

At the end of the day, Trump does not have a filter and is an incompetent politician when it comes to his own image. But this is what you get when you have someone elected to the highest office with zero experience or desire to play the political game.

The Trump administration will be looked at as the dawn of a new era in American politics. He has slammed the door shut on the misconception that media is unbiased and without agenda. He has proven that politicians are exactly what every American has said they were for the last 50 years. Dirty, corrupt and, only working for their best interest.

Do you honestly think that people are going to ever buy the con again sold by Obama that there can be civility in American politics? Do you think that we will ever again have the Office of The President respected and given unwarranted trust? I hope you don't because those days are gone. The divide exists and it's always existed. We're just now past the days of pretending.

The best disinfectant is sunshine! I am happy to be alive in the time where dirt is out in the open. Yes, it feels a little overwhelming at time to see all of the mold and bacteria but at least now you can see it and start to clean it up rather than covering it up.

Take a look at the tax changes that were just passed and the $10,000 cap on SALT deductions as an example. You have States like NY, NJ and CA screaming bloody murder over this change and in the past those screams would have been enough to force a President to fold. But Trump does not GAF. He knows the $10k cap only touches a few in a few states. Hell, lost in all of the commotion from the bias Buffalo News was the quote from Chris Collins that for all of the complaints the cap only impacted a tiny fraction of his constituents. Even less in the more liberal areas of WNY. It does hurt downstate but that's ok. For years Downstate has f*cked over the rest of NY with state wide policies in a state that's two different worlds.

Transparency, even when ugly, is better than shade.

Any one that wante to bring more uneducated, unskilled, immiscible people into our beyond broke country when we have so much poverty and decay in our inner cities to increase their voter count in my opinion is an a$$h@le. How about immigration that benefits our citizens. How does some poor schmuck in Appalachia or Detroit benefit from this? It's time to take off the blinders to these people.

Our citizens will have to endure enough pain with cuts to entitlements as it is without adding more. Ask yourself why California leads the country in poverty. And if they do the jobs that Americans wont , then it is time to make Americans do the jobs if they are able bodied and on social assistance.

I personally don't want us to go the way of the Romans, but at this point all we can do is slow the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Regardless of if this was said or not, Durbin is not a messenger. He is a leak. There is a difference, regardless if you accept it or not. Are you that naive to think that in the last 100 years there have not been similar comments said in closed-door meetings by both sides? Come on man. Drop the altruistic bull s**t.

LBJ was a racist while at the same time pushing forward civil rights. Hell, the guy repeatedly called the Civil Rights Act the “ni**er bill” but that was all done behind closed doors.

At the end of the day, Trump does not have a filter and is an incompetent politician when it comes to his own image. But this is what you get when you have someone elected to the highest office with zero experience or desire to play the political game.

The Trump administration will be looked at as the dawn of a new era in American politics. He has slammed the door shut on the misconception that media is unbiased and without agenda. He has proven that politicians are exactly what every American has said they were for the last 50 years. Dirty, corrupt and, only working for their best interest.

Do you honestly think that people are going to ever buy the con again sold by Obama that there can be civility in American politics? Do you think that we will ever again have the Office of The President respected and given unwarranted trust? I hope you don't because those days are gone. The divide exists and it's always existed. We're just now past the days of pretending.

The best disinfectant is sunshine! I am happy to be alive in the time where dirt is out in the open. Yes, it feels a little overwhelming at time to see all of the mold and bacteria but at least now you can see it and start to clean it up rather than covering it up.

Take a look at the tax changes that were just passed and the $10,000 cap on SALT deductions as an example. You have States like NY, NJ and CA screaming bloody murder over this change and in the past those screams would have been enough to force a President to fold. But Trump does not GAF. He knows the $10k cap only touches a few in a few states. Hell, lost in all of the commotion from the bias Buffalo News was the quote from Chris Collins that for all of the complaints the cap only impacted a tiny fraction of his constituents. Even less in the more liberal areas of WNY. It does hurt downstate but that's ok. For years Downstate has f*cked over the rest of NY with state wide policies in a state that's two different worlds.

Exactly.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Exactly.
    Yep.

There was absolutely no reason to "leak" that was said other than to cause BS for President Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

I don't 2 craps about what was said by guys that were POTUS before I was born, or since, either, TBH. Being a racist in the 50's and 60's was different than in this era. And I don't know why people keep pushing Obama on me, I never voted for him
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Any one that wante to bring more uneducated, unskilled, immiscible people into our beyond broke country when we have so much poverty and decay in our inner cities to increase their voter count in my opinion is an a$$h@le. How about immigration that benefits our citizens. How does some poor schmuck in Appalachia or Detroit benefit from this? It's time to take off the blinders to these people.

Our citizens will have to endure enough pain with cuts to entitlements as it is without adding more. Ask yourself why California leads the country in poverty. And if they do the jobs that Americans wont , then it is time to make Americans do the jobs if they are able bodied and on social assistance.

I personally don't want us to go the way of the Romans, but at this point all we can do is slow the inevitable.
    Unskilled??When I was an Iron Worker in California and Texas, the Mexicans were by FAR the best workers. The hardest workers and were extremely skilled. Not a whole lot of Mexicans in Buffalo, maybe, but here, and in many places, roofing, drywall, etc - the best companies to hire are Mexican run. Their work is top notch. And didn't I JUST read somewhere that Nigerian immigrants in the US make more than the national average income? American workers, especially younger are lazy, have no work ethic yet feel like they should be paid top money. I see this constantly in my company. Sounds like you really do not know what you're talking about here
    HipKat's Blog

Yep.

There was absolutely no reason to "leak" that was said other than to cause BS for President Trump.
    If it was President Hillary Clinton, you guys would be dancing around the fire like an Indian war party....
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If it was President Hillary Clinton, you guys would be dancing around the fire like an Indian war party....
    Totally irrelevant.

Totally irrelevant.
    You mean totally true??
    HipKat's Blog

I don't 2 craps about what was said by guys that were POTUS before I was born, or since, either, TBH. Being a racist in the 50's and 60's was different than in this era. And I don't know why people keep pushing Obama on me, I never voted for him
    And that's why you, like so many others, are simple. Not worthy of debate.

Have a nice day.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Totally irrelevant.
    You mean totally true??
    Totally irrelevant. She was never president. I don't care who the president is if information is being leaked out from closed door meetings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information