Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Monica Piga Wallace and John Bruso do the right thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    I have not received a call or email from. John Bruso or Monica Piga Wallace our Lancaster NY elected officials. ETHICS look good on a mailer. In the political business not so much! Attachment 4852
    It is a very sad commentary that constituents must contact an elected official in order to determine the official's position on an issue such as ethics, especially when just one year ago, that same official was elected on a campaign promise to prioritize, "ethics reform."

You'll grow old waiting for the phone to ring Greg.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    It is a very sad commentary that constituents must contact an elected official in order to determine the official's position on an issue such as ethics, especially when just one year ago, that same official was elected on a campaign promise to prioritize, "ethics reform."

You'll grow old waiting for the phone to ring Greg.

Just sayin'.
    You guys are right. If you look at her Facebook page for Ethics reform, she had an Ethics reform update - 12 months ago.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    You guys are right. If you look at her Facebook page for Ethics reform, she had an Ethics reform update - 12 months ago.
    Perhaps we need to be patient, if not vigilant.

After all, she, in addition to her NYS Assembly duties, perhaps is advising the PART TIME "Professors" aka faculty members. at UB on how to construct a compelling narrative.

Busy person.

Check-out page 25 below:

https://www.city.ac.uk/__data/assets...-July-2013.pdf
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 21st, 2018 at 06:41 PM.

This Republican mailer from 2016 tried to tell you so:

sugg 2016 mailer005
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 21st, 2018 at 07:13 PM.

This Republican mailer from 2016 tried to tell you so:

sugg 2016 mailer005
    Sugg? Oh yeah, the guy who really campaigned for ethics reform; already having the credentials for introducing ethics reform when he served as a Trustee on the Village of Lancaster Board and was instrumental in getting a program started there.

Wallace got the seat and Sugg got the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

...and Sugg got the shaft.
    Let's be grateful Mr. C., he got the shaft AND one mailer.

Sugg was a threat to all corruption,Democrat, Conservative, and Republican; a true reformer, not a partisan cop.

Makes you wonder who the Republican/Conservative powers-that-be were really supporting?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 21st, 2018 at 11:27 PM.

Let's be grateful Mr. C., he got the shaft AND one mailer.

Sugg was a threat to all corruption,Democrat, Conservative, and Republican; a true reformer, not a partisan cop.

Makes you wonder who the Republican/Conservative powers-that-be were really supporting?
    Wallace and Bruso should return Gregg's call. If I were Gregg, I would call until they answer you. If they don't, make a stink about it on Facebook. Let it be known, in fact better yet Gregg, write in to the Bee. That would be best served well in reaching those people because 2 years is very short, before you know it its election time for those folks.

As for Sugg, he was the best person for the job. Unfortunately, his party was not behind him in the way they should have been. And the Conservative Party was no better. Enough left said....

Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE
    shortstuff;1777094]

As for Sugg, he was the best person for the job. Unfortunately, his party was not behind him in the way they should have been. And the Conservative Party was no better. Enough left said....

Enough said, and WELL SAID Shortstuff.

I posted a message on Assembly woman Monica Piga Wallace Facebook article about her visit to Calspan as she had ignored my calls to her office. Her response: Greg,

Thank you for your input. I share your concerns. Public funds should not be used to cover up acts of sexual harassment, and it’s an issue I am currently working on. Last October, I spoke to WBFO about secret settlements, stating that I would be working with my colleagues “to make sure that we don't have confidentiality where there are allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault." Here’s the link to the story: http://news.wbfo.org/post/report-hoy...ollowing-fling

Currently, I am putting together a round table discussion for February that will bring together experts in the private and public sectors to discuss work that needs to be done to improve New York’s anti-harassment policies to better support victims while still providing adequate protections to those accused.

I appreciate your thoughts on this issue and your support in combating settlements using taxpayer funds.

-Monica

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka;1777107. I share your concerns. Public funds should not be used to cover up acts of sexual harassment, and it’s an issue I am currently working on. /QUOTE
    That response sounds positive, very positiive. In the shallow world of tone, it addresses the concerns expressed on this thread.

With that being said, let's parse it out.

(1) While Wallace said
    "I share your concerns,"
    she does not address her legislative intentions.

(2) Ms. Wallace's response goes on, in a separate sentence, to only note the obvious,
    "Public funds should not be used to cover up acts of sexual harassment,"
    but this time, in the same sentence or thought, she relates
    " and it’s an issue I am currently working on."
    I believe it reasonable, that the Wallace comments, taken at face value, appear to share the concerns posted on this thread, and is in common sense agreement that tax dollars should not be used to cover-up illegal acts.

However, she seemingly fails to clearly state her legislative intentions regarding possible Assembly legislation to end such practices, nor does she relate support or opposition to the Dixon County legislation.

In this comment, she only "appreciates" the poster's thoughts,
    I appreciate your thoughts on this issue

Moreover, this comment is very ambiguous:
    and your support in combating settlements using taxpayer funds.
    As with the poster's thoughts, Ms. Wallace only "appreciates" /understands Mr. Sojka's support, but fails to endorse his comments and support.

Ergo, her response appears to be one of tone over substance.

Ah, it is good to be able to write so well, and to construct such a compelling narrative.

A CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS ANSWER REGARDING THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD WOULD END THE CONFUSION.

DOES SHE SUPPORT THE DIXON LEGISLATION, AND WILL SHE SUPPORT OR SPONSOR SIMILAR LEGISLATION IN THE ASSEMBLY?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 23rd, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Assembly woman Wallace answer was basically store bought vanilla. I have now Facebook messaged John Bruso in public regarding his stance on ethics, sexual harassment, and accepting political donations along with Mark Polonczar from Al Dirschberger who was recently arrested for rape. Legislator Bruso sent me a private message asking for my phone number to call me . I provided it. Still no response. I want to be clear this is not political. This is a crime and waste of taxpayer money for both parties. Getting this passed is not the political thing,it is the RIGHT thing.

Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE
    Greg Sojka;1777155]Assembly woman Wallace answer was basically store bought vanilla.
    Greg,

Her answer may have been vanilla as you correctly describe, but to the overweight person, the bland taste and the subtle flavor of vanilla anything does not reduce the caloric dangers.

Assembly Member Wallace is smart and clever. Bear in mind, she is very skillful at using the English language.

As a part-time instructor at UB Law School, she taught a course in legal writing, and at a seminar at the City of London University in 2013, she apparently gave a lecture entitled "Storytelling at Sentencing: Exploiting Opportunities for Persuasion..."

This lecture, as I understand the description, instructed the student how to use the criminal's life experiences to create a sympathetic narrative for the judge's consideration at the time of sentencing. In the words of the seminar's lecture topic description:

"family circumstances, the defendant’s age, and even policy challenges to the guidelines have been constructed successfully into a compelling narrative at sentencing. "
    The moral of the story, watch what she does, not what she says.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 23rd, 2018 at 03:06 PM.

I want to be clear this is not political. This is a crime and waste of taxpayer money for both parties.
    Greg, I agree that this issue transcends politics.

With that said, I am compelled to reassert what I said in post #10 of this Thread:

Given the recent history of the 143rd, Assembly Member Wallace should be leading the charge on this issue. After all, she was represented as some sort of "ethics expert," during the 2016 campaign, and suggested, that if elected, ethics would be her top priority.
    As far as Bruso, the Democrats made Mr. Morton's so-called "character" an issue. If ethical purity is the measure by which one is elected, it should be the foundational cause when they lead.
    Our elected representatives arose from the political sea. Like a whale spouting water, they spouted "ethics" and "ethics reform" platitudes.

Don't you think that they should be held to those platitudes?

Since politics is the citizens' only legal recourse, and since these politicos should be held to their promises, it invariably becomes political.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 23rd, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

I can cut Erie County Legislator John Bruso some slack as he has been in office less than a month.

That can’t be said of New York State Assembly member Monica Piga Wallace. When elected she stole the ‘ethics reform’ platform of Republican Party candidate Russell Sugg who had already introduced such reform legislation into the Village of Lancaster government – and even then his proposed program was watered down by his cohorts.

Like Sojka posted, ethics reform this is the right thing to do. Wallace personifies the, “I’m working on it” political claptrap mantra. And, as long as we have people in government who hold that, “What goes on in executive session is privileged” true ethical reform is unreachable. We are the unwashed in their condescending, elitist eyes.

Transparency and truth are often paradoxical in the political world.

[QUOTE
    =Lee Chowaniec;1777179

That can’t be said of New York State Assembly member Monica Piga Wallace. When elected she stole the ‘ethics reform’ platform of Republican Party candidate Russell Sugg who had already introduced such reform legislation into the Village of Lancaster government – and even then his proposed program was watered down by his cohorts.
    What is truly laughable, Ms. Wallace accepted support from those in league with Sugg's "cohorts," some of whom ridiculed Sugg's ethics reform efforts. I believe one was quoted as saying that ethics reform was just something "for Russ to hang his hat on."

Then, those same "cohorts" and their friends went on to support Wallace, and those seemingly illusory promises of leadership on the ethics issues.

The fact of the matter is, Russ' ethics hat was real. The only ethics hat Wallace and her friends wore, was the one used to throw into a political ring; a straw ethics hat, fitting a blatant "strawman issue."

Sugg's "cohorts" obstructed his efforts for ethics reform which included citizen oversight.

If anyone cared to hear his voice on ethics reform in 2016, they would have heard these words:

From Sugg's "Covenant With The People of the 143rd:"

ABOVE ALL ELSE, I pledge, at all times, to serve with ETHICAL DIGNITY, and to devote every available hour of my time to the discussion and pursuit of TRUE ETHICS REFORM, with a vision toward giving oversight and enforcement to the private citizen, and removing those powers from the hands of the legal and governmental elites.

Russell Sugg
    Candidate for New York State Assembly, 143rd District.

Had his candidacy and reforms been realized, Assemblyman Sugg would not just be working with his "colleagues," but transparently with the citizens.

With that type of citizen oversight, I am sure that this entire "settlements" issue, on the state level would be answered unambiguously in the interests of justice, respect for the human condition, and the New York taxpayer.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 23rd, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information