CHEEKTOWAGA – A showdown between Supervisor Diane Benczkowski and Councilmember James Rogowski erupted during the council’s work session Tuesday afternoon after Ms. Benczkowski was going to pull a resolution regarding Dent Pro Buffalo, LLC on Union Road.

The dent repair business is hoping to rezone the property at 3232 Genesee Street from general commercial to a motor service district allowing them to perform “push to paint,” a technique used when additional work is needed beyond conventional paintless dent removal.
https://cheektowagachronicle.com/boa...pair-business/

Mr. Rogowski told board members that he’s concerned about the negative impact the oversaturation of dent repair businesses will have in the neighborhood.

You have to be kidding me. Worried about over saturation of a dent repair business but not worried about donut shops.

People are fleeing cheektowaga because we have too many collision shops.

Yeah that's it.

Since 1979, Gary Moscato has operated a collision shop a few doors down from Dent Pro at 4094 Union Road. He told board members at the October public hearing that Dent Pro would take business away.
Gary?

It's called business. No different that electronic stores selling computers and taking business away from me? You deal with it.

“I’ve been in business there for quite a while trying to keep my head above water to keep up with the Gabe’s and the Carubba’s – not easy to do. Now I got someone 120 feet away that wants to do the same thing that I’m doing; that would just about knock us out,” said Mr. Moscato.
Seeing a Tim Horton's was built literally right next to a Dunkin Donuts there is no excuse not to allow Dent Pro to expand their services.

The SEQR says the rezoning will create a material conflict with the town’s 2010 Comprehensive Plan for the Genesee Street/Union corridor. It also says the change will cause “future impairment” to the Our Lady Help of Christian’s National Historic Landmark across the street. Mr. Moscato’s collision business, and other’s like his in the neighborhood are exempt because they were in operation when the plan was authored.
“We’re going to have a lawsuit,” said Ms. Benczkowski.

Won't make no difference as people leave the town.