For those of you who disagree with what Paladino said:
Brian, you have a dilemma. Those overwhelming progressive liberal views that you suppressed in the past have now combined with an ego, arrogance and indifference that has outgrown our community and blossomed into an unacceptable conflict with the views of your moderate working class constituency.

On behalf of the working men and women of Western New York, we warn you that the tax, social and business burdens of the democrat sponsored Health Care Bill in its present form, are overwhelmingly at odds with the best interests of the people you represent. If you vote for it we will vehemently oppose your re-election. Your infatuation with Nancy Pelosi, as with Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown, is off the reservation. You should consider serving the interests of those who you represent.
Are you saying that you do agree with the current health care bill?

If so, why shouldn't high risk people have to pay more for health insurance?

High risk drivers pay more for car insurance.
Expensive homes cost more for homeowner's insurance.
Rental insurance costs vary depending on the amount of stuff you own.
Life Insurance rates vary depending on the policy type and age.

Why is this any different for health insurance?

This leads to my second point, why should I be 'forced' to purchase health insurance? I'm a relatively healthy person and could probably get by without health insurance.

If you view insurance as an investment, I could probably get a higher return on investing putting my money somewhere else. Why should I have to subsidize what ends up being a very poor investment insuring high risk individuals?

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the subject, but please refrain from name calling, thanks.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124471919