Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Health Care Reform

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post

You have an issue with the plan? What part do you take issue with?
    With most of those ideas? NO! In fact, my original idea, to emliminate HI all together (except catasrophic insurance) and replace it with HSA would have solved that problem without costing tax payers $1!

We live in a society where the average person has their job for about 5 years then switches, 30 years ago the number was much much higher. I agree their needs to be a way to care it over form one job to another.

But then again, I think to many people are ignorant to the REAL costs of HC and don't care, they only see what they pay!

However in all the highlights of every plan you've mentioned, their's one large thing missing... to me the most important thing... CUTTING COSTS! (and no cuttign $50 Billion a year from medicare doesn't count).
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    With most of those ideas? NO! In fact, my original idea, to emliminate HI all together (except catasrophic insurance) and replace it with HSA would have solved that problem without costing tax payers $1!

We live in a society where the average person has their job for about 5 years then switches, 30 years ago the number was much much higher. I agree their needs to be a way to care it over form one job to another.

But then again, I think to many people are ignorant to the REAL costs of HC and don't care, they only see what they pay!

However in all the highlights of every plan you've mentioned, their's one large thing missing... to me the most important thing... CUTTING COSTS! (and no cuttign $50 Billion a year from medicare doesn't count).
    The CBO projected the current bill would stop costs from rising.

It's really not realistic to try and reduce costs at this time. One step at a time. Stabilize costs first, then try to reduce them.

It would be nice to replace health insurance all together. however, I don't think HSA's are the way to go. How long before an HSA is drained do you think of a Wal-Mart employee if they were to get cancer?

Replace Health Insurance companies with a single-payer system. Government ran or Non-profit with a government charter, I don't care which.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    The CBO projected the current bill would stop costs from rising.

It's really not realistic to try and reduce costs at this time. One step at a time. Stabilize costs first, then try to reduce them.

It would be nice to replace health insurance all together. however, I don't think HSA's are the way to go. How long before an HSA is drained do you think of a Wal-Mart employee if they were to get cancer?
    Again please re read my statement, i think we should still have catastrophic HI, which would cover things like Cancer and long term care!

Replace Health Insurance companies with a single-payer system. Government ran or Non-profit with a government charter, I don't care which.
    So your plan would be to screw 260 Million people for a few years to try to help a few million??

Why not help lower the cost for 260 million, which in turn would help the 13 Million people who make abouve $50K to afford HI? Then when costs are lower and as we mentioned in another thread NYS could lower the cost of HI by almost 50% by letting people by plans that don't cover things they do need, then figure a way to cover those who can't afford it.

As a "business man" you should know it's easier to impliment cost cuts VS adding new programs!

A side note on the CBO... do you remember what they said about medicaid?? Do you remember what they forcasted for the first 10 years and how they were off by almost 60%??
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Yes, I understand you want to keep catastrophic insurance. Your idea does have merit. However, I just disagree with it.

Until costs for health care are slashed, it just wouldn't work (In my opinion). I have no data to specifically back it up, it's just the feeling I have.

If you have data that would support your idea more, I'd be open to it. Like I said, it has merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    So your plan would be to screw 260 Million people for a few years to try to help a few million??
    Who is talking about screwing 260 million? The current bill offers tax incentives to get insured, stabilizes costs, and ensures 94% of Americans are covered.

Why not help lower the cost for 260 million, which in turn would help the 13 Million people who make abouve $50K to afford HI? Then when costs are lower and as we mentioned in another thread NYS could lower the cost of HI by almost 50% by letting people by plans that don't cover things they do need, then figure a way to cover those who can't afford it.
    The current reform bill does lower the costs for the 260 million. Read the CBO's report.

As a "business man" you should know it's easier to impliment cost cuts VS adding new programs!
    Sometimes, as a businessman, I also understand that sometimes cost cutting is not the way to go.

Case in point: Advertising. My advertising wont be helped by cutting my advertising costs, and sometimes adding a new employee dedicated to advertising is the way to go.

A side note on the CBO... do you remember what they said about medicaid?? Do you remember what they forcasted for the first 10 years and how they were off by almost 60%??
    So, we should just take your opinion, rather than the CBO? Is that what you are saying?

BTW, can you link to the CBO report on Medicaid?
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information