Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster’s Organizational Meeting; or, whose on first and why

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It has been 49 years since I've been in a French class. I remember some basic stuff but google helps me out with the rest
    I would have been a whiz in 1975 with the internet.

Back then, when I would screw-up, the instructor, the dirty "......." was a real "..........," and would refer to me as "Le Mocassin." He had all the charms of certain people on here, "l'homme de l'arbre."

Actually, I am enjoying all the practice to enable this ball-busting use of the language.

My picture at finals time:

The weeping Frenchman, 1940.jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 4th, 2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    A realtor who is Matt Walters friend-can we figure out where the experience is here? No patronage again and Matt campaigned against patronage..... I guarantee you that Matt Walters replaces Abraham as the Liaison to the Planning Board. He kissed Johanna's a*** enough to seal the deal. Walters makes me sick...
    Three points I would like to clarify since they directly apply to me....

1> Decades of experience in commercial real estate, dealing with zoning boards across WNY, a fluency of the zoning codes and their application? Yes, I consider that solid, relevant experience. As for a "friendship", I am not sure where that is coming from. I do not socialize with Mr Mikoley and know him only from having volunteered to serve on the CDC board with him for many years ( I resigned from that position a couple of months ago). I won't deny that my experience with his volunteer work was one factor in casting a vote for him. His dedication to a non-profit venture, his vast knowledge of commercial real estate and his work ethic was admirable.

2> Careful about making guarantees that you know little about....

3> As for making your sick, i think that may have more to do with incorrectly jumping to conclusions or trying to find conspiracies that just aren't there. I have always been available by phone, email or however to answer questions. I can only recall twice in the last 2+ years that anyone has taken me up on it. I can't always answer but when I do, it will be truthful whether you choose to believe it or not.

As always, thank you for letting me share my side of the story.

Matthew Walter
    Lancaster Town Councilman
    716-901-5340

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yeah, look at this cozy bunch -
    Community Development Corporation
    James Allein President
    John Mikoley Treasurer (New ZBA member)
    Matthew Walter Secretary (Town council member)
    Dawn Robinson Director (ex officio) (Village trustee)
    John Chmarney Director
    Elizabeth Meegan Director
    Robert Dimmig Director
    Kimberly Stribing Director
    Kenneth O'Brien III Member (Village trustee, LIDA member)
    William Schroeder Member (Village mayor, partenaire de la femme du conseil)
    Paul Maute Member (Village trustee)
    Lynne Ruda Member (Village trustee)
    Matt Murphy Property Manager
    Drescher- Malecki Auditor
    Michael Stegmeier Archivist/ Asst. Treasurer (Village clerk & treasurer)
    Yippee ki yay - they have not disappointed me. How transparent is that......

Quote Originally Posted by MaddMatt View Post
    Three points I would like to clarify since they directly apply to me....

1> Decades of experience in commercial real estate, dealing with zoning boards across WNY, a fluency of the zoning codes and their application? Yes, I consider that solid, relevant experience. As for a "friendship", I am not sure where that is coming from. I do not socialize with Mr Mikoley and know him only from having volunteered to serve on the CDC board with him for many years ( I resigned from that position a couple of months ago). I won't deny that my experience with his volunteer work was one factor in casting a vote for him. His dedication to a non-profit venture, his vast knowledge of commercial real estate and his work ethic was admirable.

2> Careful about making guarantees that you know little about....

3> As for making your sick, i think that may have more to do with incorrectly jumping to conclusions or trying to find conspiracies that just aren't there. I have always been available by phone, email or however to answer questions. I can only recall twice in the last 2+ years that anyone has taken me up on it. I can't always answer but when I do, it will be truthful whether you choose to believe it or not.

As always, thank you for letting me share my side of the story.

Matthew Walter
    Lancaster Town Councilman
    716-901-5340
    Thank you Matt for your response.

Thank you Matt, time will tell...

How has things turned out with that assessment on Dawson Field? Did it turn out to be a valuable piece of property? And are you considering this an option for park space?

The good news is that the CDC may have open positions if anyone wants to volunteer their time! In addition to the monthly meetings, you may be required to attend village board meetings, help clean up the site, show prospective tenants & buyers through the building, meet with contractors and help with maintenance. These were all things I did during my long time there.

That list above is at least a year or more old and there around 4 changes I spotted. Due to the bylaws at creation, all sitting village board members are automatically members of the CDC. Mr O'Brien is a member of the IDA because it always has a sitting village board member. Not quite sure what that is supposed to show....
    I also served with Dino Fudoli and Russ Sugg for 4 years if that matters?

Matthew Walter
    Lancaster Town Council
    716-901-5340

=MaddMatt;1772904

I can't always answer but when I do, it will be truthful whether you choose to believe it or not.
    Councilman, Shortstuff can take care of her/himself, so my comments are directed at the face value of the bracketed comments. Your remarks " I can't always answer but when I do, it will be truthful whether you choose to believe it or not." concern me.

Am I to understand that if you find it necessary to avoid a truthful answer, you avoid the question? I'm hope you did not mean that comment the way you presented it.

Matt, I again congratulate you for having the courage to return to this forum. Thank you for providing information and your phone number so people can be informed and get involved,sadly in this forum there is lots of keyboard warriors but very little action. I would not put much effort in anonymous names or the comments of carpet bagger non residents. We may not agree on some issues and decisions , but putting out the information for the readers and writers to make their own choice is wonderful. WELL DONE .

How has things turned out with that assessment on Dawson Field? Did it turn out to be a valuable piece of property? And are you considering this an option for park space?
    The assessed value was higher than i was willing to pay. I am still hopeful the school district will see fit to keep it as Parkland by donating it to the town. Barring that, I wouldn't be interested in competing with Developers for that land as it would cost too much.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Am I to understand that if you find it necessary to avoid a truthful answer, you avoid the question? I'm hope you did not mean that comment the way you presented it.
    The previous question on Dawson field is a great example. I'm happy to share my opinion but I cannot get into all the details since it is technically an on- going negotiation. I suppose you could read into it a different way but I think I have shown over the last couple of years but I'll always answer the questions I am posed to the best of my ability.

Matt

The previous question on Dawson field is a great example. I'm happy to share my opinion but I cannot get into all the details since it is technically an on- going negotiation. I suppose you could read into it a different way but I think I have shown over the last couple of years but I'll always answer the questions I am posed to the best of my ability.

Matt
    MaddMatt: I can't always answer but when I do, it will be truthful whether you choose to believe it or not.
    Your written words, taken at face value, justified my expressed concerns. To "read into it a different way," as was your expressed supposition, would require reader presumption.

MaddMatt: I have always been available by phone, email or however to answer questions. I can only recall twice in the last 2+ years that anyone has taken me up on it.
    In your next two years, I do wish that you receive more than those two questions, if for no other reason than to serve the interests of expanding your trending instincts of openness and candor.

Thank you for your response.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 5th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

The assessed value was higher than i was willing to pay. I am still hopeful the school district will see fit to keep it as Parkland by donating it to the town. Barring that, I wouldn't be interested in competing with Developers for that land as it would cost too much.

Matt
    Thank you Matt, that was pretty much what Council Member Ron Ruffino had thought at one point. I appreciate that you answered my question. But pragmatically, trust your colleagues like Danny Amatura and board members. In fact, the residents have figured that out. Again, thank you. but one clarification if I may add, you are not the one paying for these evaluations or properties, it is the taxpayers who are footing the bill, and it would be the taxpayers or folks who do own property in Lancaster paying taxes on that property who have a stake in the game.

Thank you,
    Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Matt, I again congratulate you for having the courage to return to this forum. Thank you for providing information and your phone number so people can be informed and get involved,sadly in this forum there is lots of keyboard warriors but very little action. I would not put much effort in anonymous names or the comments of carpet bagger non residents. We may not agree on some issues and decisions , but putting out the information for the readers and writers to make their own choice is wonderful. WELL DONE .
    Are you one of those folks like in the commercial when the lady licks the envelop and cuts her tongue then laughs, because if you continue in this fashion, this will have a negative impact on your son who is now serving on the ZBA. Start leading by example, stop the bullying.

Originally posted by MaddMatt:
    Thank you for the even more detailed explanation for your reasons for who you voted for. Though you didn't say it directly in this post, I think you revealed one of your votes was for Mr Mikoley.

That list above is at least a year or more old and there around 4 changes I spotted. Due to the bylaws at creation, all sitting village board members are automatically members of the CDC. Mr O'Brien is a member of the IDA because it always has a sitting village board member. Not quite sure what that is supposed to show....
    This was in response to a poster stating you were friends with Mr Mikoley. What I posted was what I got when I googled both your names. My fear with all the village interconnection in town government is that town taxpayer money will be used to assist the village

I hope they donate it to the Village of Depew as parkland.

Georgia L Schlager

Matt,
    One more thing. I was only able to find 5 letters of interest in the communications. Was it 5 or 6?
    Mrs Lemaster
    Mr Lipiec
    Mr Mikoley
    Mr Sojka
    Mr Damiani

Georgia L Schlager

...don't get me started on Dawn....
    Nothing to see here, move along "Shortstuff."

We "keyboard warriors," although some misguided people would refer to us as "residents," "voters," and oh yea, "taxpayers," need not frame our concerns in an "overblown" fashion, but should necessarily give suppliant understanding to the fact(s) that:

(1) There were good reasons why it took nine months for charitable proceeds to reach their intended beneficiaries.

(2) That reasons referred to in one (1) above, transcend the concern that is attached to the possible impact upon needy families.

(3) Those reasons, referred to in one (1) above, transcend the concern that one may have regarding the possible impact upon facilities for the disabled, regarding its ability to fulfill state requirements for integration, which in turn, may have severely impacted the quality of the lives of that disabled population.

(4) There were good reason for seeming interference with prescribed FOIL legal procedures.

(5) There were good reasons for an apparent infringement upon the privacy of citizens, and to see as acceptable, an unwelcome, unannounced, and uninvited, interruption to family life, and to accept with joy, questions demanding unrequired answers, concerning the submission of a duly submitted and filed FOIL request, and to discount, and to hold harmless from suspicion, the questioner's failure to make follow-up query, at a begged for more convenient time.

(6) There were good reasons why a private, money-making contractor, from the sanctity of the Board Chambers, with feigned surprise and seeming outrage, was permitted to verbally justify the actions described in five (5) above, which the Village Board, supported by the New York State Public Officers Law, styled as "inappropriate," and then go on to describe a contrived, hostile situation between a husband and a wife.

Ah, reduce the citizen provocateur. Welcome to the world of Lancaster politics.

Overblown my ass!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 5th, 2018 at 08:15 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information