Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joel Giambra for Governor, UGH!: Four More Years Of Cuomo

Joel Giambra for Governor, UGH!: Four More Years Of Cuomo

Joel Giambra for Governor: Seriously?

Joel Giambra is a personally likeable sort, and, during a time of great personal danger, demonstrated the strong and admirable character trait of courage.

With that observation made, Mr. Giambra brings to the race for governor, with the strong exception of his government consolidation advocacy, very few, if any, conservative values, while carrying with him, a record of supporting Democrat candidates, rather liberal causes, and rather inept executive leadership.

His governing history includes something akin to a slight of hands approach to tax policy, an apparent disregard for cost efficiency and fiscal management, sloppy supervisory and oversight skills, and an inclination toward personal patronage.

I hope, if it is choice between a “Green” or “Red” campaign, that Mr. Giambra stalls-out.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...r-12455646.php

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Joel Giambra for Governor: Seriously?

Joel Giambra is a personally likeable sort, and, during a time of great personal danger, demonstrated the strong and admirable character trait of courage.

With that observation made, Mr. Giambra brings to the race for governor, with the strong exception of his government consolidation advocacy, very few, if any, conservative values, while carrying with him, a record of supporting Democrat candidates, rather liberal causes, and rather inept executive leadership.

His governing history includes something akin to a slight of hands approach to tax policy, an apparent disregard for cost efficiency and fiscal management, sloppy supervisory and oversight skills, and an inclination toward personal patronage.

I hope, if it is choice between a “Green” or “Red” campaign, that Mr. Giambra stalls-out.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...r-12455646.php

He’s a back stabbing son of a bitch who bankrupted Erie County. His government consolidation ideas are even stupider than those of Il Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    He’s a back stabbing son of a bitch who bankrupted Erie County. His government consolidation ideas are even stupider than those of Il Douche.
    On consolidation, his head may have been in the right place, but on the rest Grump, you are right, it was up his ass.

Am I mistaken, under Giambra’s tenure as County Executive, was there a Control Board in place due to fiscal incompetence?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Am I mistaken, under Giambra’s tenure as County Executive, was there a Control Board in place due to fiscal incompetence?
    You are correct Shortstuff. From Wikipedia:

"Giambra proposed this "red budget" of $940 million which eliminated services, and after failed negotiations to raise the sales tax in a "green budget" of $1 billion,[4] a modified plan was adopted which laid off 2,000 county employees[2] and closed many county services, including the Parks Department. In 2005, a Control Board was implemented by the state to monitor county finances. This, coupled with an investigation into patronage positions, led to Giambra's announcement that he would not seek reelection in 2007."

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You would wish some of these people would just go away.

You look back over 30 years and you see what we ended up with now and it isn't much.

High taxes, losing population if it wasn't for the importation of refugees and never ending labor contracts.

=WNYresident;1772485]You would wish some of these people would just go away.
    Look at this way Res, if they did, what would we bitch about?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

You look back over 30 years and you see what we ended up with now and it isn't much.

High taxes, losing population if it wasn't for the importation of refugees and never ending labor contracts.

Unfortunately, one can not really joke about these bracketed points. They are true, accurate, and disturbing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bitching is totally unproductive. Life is too short to deal with *******s and people who's only interest in their own best interest at the expense of others. And that is what I see with many long time "politicians" in Erie County.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyresident View Post
    bitching is totally unproductive. Life is too short to deal with *******s and people who's only interest in their own best interest at the expense of others. And that is what i see with many long time "politicians" in erie county.
    yep!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    OH my gawd I sound like grump

Thought so Mark. His incompetence under his tenure should prevent him from running. Taxpayers should be reminded of his failed policies. These pieces of sh*ts should crawl back under their rock...

. Taxpayers should be reminded of his failed policies.
    That is why you and I are here on Speak Up Shortstuff.

Giambra has no chance in going anywhere with this outside of padding a small war chest to help him coast along. No actual Republican is going to support him and he is a nobody downstate...where all of the power lies.

It's just a grasp for 15 more minutes.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I know he's toying with the idea. I'm going to assume he will approach the local parties about endorsements. Do they just say go away we don't have time for this nonsense or do they humor any and all who approach them as long as they have money?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information