Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joel Giambra for Governor, UGH!: Four More Years Of Cuomo

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I know he's toying with the idea. I'm going to assume he will approach the local parties about endorsements. Do they just say go away we don't have time for this nonsense or do they humor any and all who approach them as long as they have money?
    Res, other than to raise his personal profile for some reason, I certainly do not understand what his motives are.

Moreover, what unique policy position(s) does he hold, and what steps has he taken to rehabilitate himself, that would compel the Republicans, to disregard his screw-ups, and to endorse him to the exclusion of more qualified, "loyal" Republicans? (If there is any such animal in New York.)

I got it!

Consolidation to the max: if he is elected, he will work to dissolve the NYS Legislature and the office of Governor, and turn state governance over to a "Control Board." He has certainly accomplished something similar to that in the past.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 4th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

I know he's toying with the idea. I'm going to assume he will approach the local parties about endorsements. Do they just say go away we don't have time for this nonsense or do they humor any and all who approach them as long as they have money?
    I hope the County Conservative Party does not endorse him..but if he is the only Republican-could make for an interesting interviewing process.....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I hope the County Conservative Party does not endorse him..but if he is the only Republican-could make for an interesting interviewing process.....
    Idea:

Sublet the process.

Have the Conservatives post the need for a gubernatorial candidate on the Lancaster Town website, and let the town employees vet the applications.

It will be 2020 before anyone notices he's interested in running.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    They currently do cross endorsements which makes no sense so it wouldn't surprised me if they endorsed him. I've seen him at Santasiero's on Niagara St. I like their spaghetti sauce.

My first question if I was interviewing him.

Why do you want to waste our time?

That is how I'm seeing this situation.

OH my gawd I sound like grump
    Congratulations! Few reach that exalted level. It’s awesome to realize that one has attained a higher level of understanding, isn’t it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No, it's actually sad when you think about it.

Look at it from the macro level of our community. Like an over view of Erie County and the fiefdoms within the county. IE: town/villages that are ran in the best interest of the small political parties that control service monopolies in geographical areas.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.. it's a duck.

Contracts that never expire. Tomorrow I will get an email that I don't know what I'm talking about so shut up. "Our contacts expire every blau blau blau blau."

mo·nop·o·ly

the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.
    "his likely motive was to protect his regional monopoly on furs"
    https://www.google.com/search?q=what...firefox-b-1-ab

What are you thoughts on this grump?

Didn't Joel basically grow up in this environment?

They currently do cross endorsements which makes no sense so it wouldn't surprised me if they endorsed him. I've seen him at Santasiero's on Niagara St. I like their spaghetti sauce.

My first question if I was interviewing him.

Why do you want to waste our time?

That is how I'm seeing this situation.
    Love Santasiero's try their pasta fagioli, the best around.

Just keep away from any restaurant wherein someone may be inclined to say: "Try the veal; its the best in the city."

Cuomo's end run around Trump tax bill: Tax employers, not employees

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/07/cu...not-employees/

“Holy s*** Batman, what is he talking about?”

“I don’t know Robin but Andy has got this state in great shape and rocking. He knows what he is doing. Along with Big Bill we have nothing to fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Cuomo's end run around Trump tax bill: Tax employers, not employees

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/07/cu...not-employees/

“Holy s*** Batman, what is he talking about?”

This is nothing short of outstanding. Take this gem:

One envisions lowering the salaries of workers. In turn, they would see their income tax payments drop. With the lower tax payments, they would end up making the same take-home pay if, for instance, their income dropped from $100,000 now to $95,000.

First off, you're creating an HR nightmare as you have to roll back the salary of workers. Then you have to consider that many companies have employees in similar positions in different states. So either a company needs to roll back everyone at 5% or they roll back just NY employees. Still a freaking nightmare no matter how you slice it.

Meanwhile, other states are just going to keep the 'open for business' sign on and maybe turn on a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    This is nothing short of outstanding. Take this gem:

One envisions lowering the salaries of workers. In turn, they would see their income tax payments drop. With the lower tax payments, they would end up making the same take-home pay if, for instance, their income dropped from $100,000 now to $95,000.

First off, you're creating an HR nightmare as you have to roll back the salary of workers. Then you have to consider that many companies have employees in similar positions in different states. So either a company needs to roll back everyone at 5% or they roll back just NY employees. Still a freaking nightmare no matter how you slice it.

Meanwhile, other states are just going to keep the 'open for business' sign on and maybe turn on a few more.
    Spot on!

I was hoping that like his father Andy would run for president and one way or the other get out of New York government. Alas, the chances of that happening are getting smaller and smaller and especially when he gets involved in schemes such as this.

It looks like we will be the victims of the Andy and Bill machinations for some time and where we have viable and contributing individuals leaving the state and being replaced by…

BTW - Does anyone ever wonder about the costs to taxpayers from all the investigations and lawsuits that are taking place against the federal government? I have not heard or read anything on that. Is it maybe because most of that flak is coming from the left and that it would not behoove the media to cover that?

One envisions lowering the salaries of workers. In turn, they would see their income tax payments drop. With the lower tax payments, they would end up making the same take-home pay if, for instance, their income dropped from $100,000 now to $95,000
    That will result in lower 401K contributions, screwing you again in retirement. FUAC

Company I work for has a presence in multiple states and it is fairly easy to work from home. They pull this crap and I may have to look into moving to a tax friendly state that we have a presence in.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    That will result in lower 401K contributions, screwing you again in retirement. FUAC

Company I work for has a presence in multiple states and it is fairly easy to work from home. They pull this crap and I may have to look into moving to a tax friendly state that we have a presence in.
    Like most fiscally screwed states we thank the public service unions for our inevitable demise. At least democrats can hope for a favorable DACA ruling. How people don't realize Democrats are a direct threat to our citizens is beyond me.

High taxes, public sector legacy costs and entitlements, oh my

Throw in Sanctuary City, illegals having rights equal to those of U.S. citizens and welcome to New York

[
    QUOTE=Lee Chowaniec;1774166]High taxes, public sector legacy costs and entitlements,
    The state motto defines the trending direction of the bracketed, "Excelsior: ever upward. "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information