Thread: Some positive thoughts...

Some positive thoughts...

Every time I check out the board, there seems to be nothing but negativity posted. It's like everyone is mad, sad or angry. I would like to see some positive stuff. I'll start. It may be little stuff, but it made my day.

I dropped my glove in the Aldi's parking lot. Someone picked it up and put it by the shopping carts.

My mailman likes my dogs. When they are outside he will go to the fence to see them and give them treats. With the cold weather, they haven't been outside much so the mailman left treats on the mail box. I made him a card with the dogs picture on it thanking him for the treats.

My car got stuck in the snow while parking. A stranger helped get me out.

A co-worker and I work as a team and we love doing it!
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I try to be positive all the time.

I occasionally do volunteer work for clients who have gotten up in age. They can't bring their computers in anymore so after hours I'll make a visit. I don't charge because a few of the people I have known for 20+ years...

This week one client stopped in and droped off a fruit basket. He appreciates that I stop over.

Another client made home made pasta noodles from scratch and dropped those off. Didn't expect that. They were very good. I appreciate that type of stuff.

We received a Christmas Card from a customer who moved back to South Korea a few years ago. He tried opening up a Chocolate Museum I think in Niagara Falls but ended up moving back home. If I can decipher his return address I'm going to send him a card.

He now owns a chocolate museum in South Korea.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/...jsp?cid=977209

For some stupid reason I thought there would be more replies. (thanks Tony for responding). This just shows me that there are a bunch of negative people hanging out here. I guess I will go back to checking this place once a month.
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

I work in a nursing home though I'm not in the nursing field, I attempt to make it to one particular wing to help serve breakfast and lunch. I love to try to get them to talk about their past lives. It's so rewarding to see the glint in their eye when they're talking about everything from spouses, children, grandchildren, horses, occupations, etc.

I memorize the amount of creamers and sugars for each of their coffee or tea, who likes brown sugar on their cereal, if they only like a particular brand of cereal. They like not having to ask. i try to get to work at 5:30 so I can get 1 1/2 hours work in before my official start time at 7. That way I have time to spend helping with the 2 meals.

I appreciate having the opportunity to try to make their day by making them feel special or giving them a good laugh

Seeing and hearing their laughter has made me happy to go to work the last 18 1/2 years.

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    For some stupid reason I thought there would be more replies. (thanks Tony for responding). This just shows me that there are a bunch of negative people hanging out here. I guess I will go back to checking this place once a month.
    I think the bad items we talk about effect us more than the good things that happen in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I work in a nursing home though I'm not in the nursing field, I attempt to make it to one particular wing to help serve breakfast and lunch. I love to try to get them to talk about their past lives. It's so rewarding to see the glint in their eye when they're talking about everything from spouses, children, grandchildren, horses, occupations, etc.

I memorize the amount of creamers and sugars for each of their coffee or tea, who likes brown sugar on their cereal, if they only like a particular brand of cereal. They like not having to ask. i try to get to work at 5:30 so I can get 1 1/2 hours work in before my official start time at 7. That way I have time to spend helping with the 2 meals.

I appreciate having the opportunity to try to make their day by making them feel special or giving them a good laugh

Seeing and hearing their laughter has made me happy to go to work the last 18 1/2 years.
    gorja, This is great. I am doing the same kind of thing. I work at an adult day center where we have people with dementia and other health issues. They love it when you remember they take sweet-n-low or only drink milk. I love it when I can make that cranky person smile or laugh. Thank you for sharing!
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald View Post
    gorja, This is great. I am doing the same kind of thing. I work at an adult day center where we have people with dementia and other health issues. They love it when you remember they take sweet-n-low or only drink milk. I love it when I can make that cranky person smile or laugh. Thank you for sharing!
    Yeah, doesn't it make your heart melt.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think the bad items we talk about effect us more than the good things that happen in the community.
    I get that but why not give a shout out to the good things? Too much negativity! So sad more people couldn't come up with one single positive thing to say.
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Thread Information