Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dsl

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    VERIZON SUCKS!
    This morning I had 2 oriental women & couldn't hear or understand either one. Finally gave up & HUNG up. Decided it was Monday & maybe too busy. Waited till about 3 & tried again. Couldn't get anyone this time. IF anyone understands technical stuff, I'm getting these 3 failures every time I go through this stuff.
    TCP/IP binding fail
    Adapter enabled fail
    DHCP fail
    So there you have it. The saga of trying to connect to DSL! I've called for a tech to come next Monday. $65 an hour. He should be able to zip through it in 1/2 that time because everythings connected. Just needs to troubleshoot!
    Very expensive deal here I'm fearing.
    thank you
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I sold, provisioned and supported Verizon Online DSL InforSped for them before it came to Buffalo. It was only up in certain areas at the time and we sold it mostly to Boston and NYCity.
    Had a 90-day training period we could even take the first call.
    Gr8 compensation because it was brand new. They sent that work down to Alabama and everyone got laid off.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

anyones neighbor
    Well a tech came at 3:10 this afternoon & in 15 minutes, we had ignition. Everything was hooked up so not sure what he did and of course he wouldn't say either. I like it!

anyones neighbor
    OK question!
    I always power off my computer about 7:30 at night because I won't use it again for 12 hours. Do I shut the DSL box off too or no? Keep in mind, I'm new to this stuff!

Originally posted by anyones neighbor:
    OK question!
    I always power off my computer about 7:30 at night because I won't use it again for 12 hours. Do I shut the DSL box off too or no? Keep in mind, I'm new to this stuff!
    Glad to hear that you are up and running and the tech actually showed up. Right or wrong, I never turn off the DSL box.

Georgia L Schlager

Cool provisioned and the server that does the provisioning

I have gotten my clients, home and business user free service, because Verizon has people working for them that don't understand networking. I have Verizon as my DSL service and have had many, many month for free, because of the dumbness of the people working for them. If you are more than 3000 feet from a switching station there will be issues.

I had a whole slew of people working on my issue for a solid 2 WEEKS. they came to my house ran a test which showed all was fine here... then did the same at the pole then the same at the box up the street.... they gave me 2 new modems, a new phone line from my nox in the basement to the pole - FREE...

then traced it back to a switch at their office...

my connection would 'reset' every 3 minutes... online for 3 min offline for 1 min... talk about annoying, this went on for like 6 weeks...
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

anyones neighbor
    I turned the computer off last night but left the modem on for dSL. Everything is fine today. Because I'm so cost conscious, I may try shutting off the modem at some point to see what happens!
    Thanks for everyone's assistance! I really appreciate your input!

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    I turned the computer off last night but left the modem on for dSL. Everything is fine today. Because I'm so cost conscious, I may try shutting off the modem at some point to see what happens!
    Thanks for everyone's assistance! I really appreciate your input!
    I can tell you that the modem will cost you pennies for the year if you leave it on.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

anyones neighbor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I can tell you that the modem will cost you pennies for the year if you leave it on.
    OK so I'll leave it on!
    Thanks!

i thought it was only a modem if it modulated and demodulated analog to digital back to analog.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Post Ping my modem

PING MY MODEM is the word to use not with the first person to answer the phone, ask for a supervisor in networking. As a Certified Network Eng that worked the man that invented networking at 3COM Dr Metcalf, when my network connection did not work I was told to unplug and DAAAAAAAAA. I told the person 12,000 miles away that I have done this for longer than they have been alive, bottom line distance from switching station.

If you have a problem you should get free time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information