Thread: Lets see what the BPD can get away with

Lets see what the BPD can get away with

from "The Lefty Line" blog.....

Best Union Meeting of the year, the Christmas Party Meeting, will also be on Thursday at 7:00 at the CPO Club. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. Sabres game will be on TV downstairs after the meeting, along with free food and drink. Should be a great night out. Come on down to Porter Avenue.

So, you will have pretty much every Buffalo cop thats not working, and a lot of the ones who are, show up for an unlimited open bar.

What are the chances of someone driving while intoxicated?????

Hmmmm. Interesting.

If you are unemployed and willing to "take one for the team", it might be a good time to walk back and forth across Porter Avenue and wait to get hit.

Of course, being Buffalo, you would probably be arrested and charged with vandalizing the drunks car.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

are open bars illegal ?

Nys still hasn't outlawed "open bars". Companies have X-mas parties all the time. Cops can't ? In light of the recent shootings, I think it has unified the Dept. I'm workin so can't attend, but if I was off I certainly would, and I would have a good time, and I wouldn't feel guilty about doing it.
    They hate us till they need us.

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    Nys still hasn't outlawed "open bars". Companies have X-mas parties all the time. Cops can't ? In light of the recent shootings, I think it has unified the Dept. I'm workin so can't attend, but if I was off I certainly would, and I would have a good time, and I wouldn't feel guilty about doing it.
    Even though there is no direct public law that prohibits open bars at company Christmas parties, VERY few companies still provide open bars. The liability is just enormous. What CEO, corporate attorney or business insurance comnpnay would endorse such a feature at a company sponsoired evrent?

If tyhe BPD is actually having a party that includes an open bar, who is liable for any resulting problems? Who insures the BPD?... Dop they know about the open bar?

It seems those that would like to destroy organized labor want to destroy enjoying Christmas with your co-workers.
    Most profit driven non-union corporations don't have open bars because of the cost. If the employees pay for it entirely by themselves they can drink all they want. Kind of like their health care plans.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Quote Originally Posted by PBAguy
    Party all you want to. But we all know that when cops get drunk and drive and get caught, nothing happens.

Your signature is "they hate us till they need us". The biggest reason that is so is because you and your brethren refuse to live by the established rules and laws of society, and you use a "blue line" of refusing to enforce the law on each other, coupled with armed harassment of those opposing your agenda.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

the level of anti-everything hysteria around this board is simply stunning.

Are we really to the point where we attack EVERYTHING that an employee of the county/city does?

now it's somehow a big deal that the BPD has a Christmas party?

For the love of God, let's TRY to be reasonable
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolls_r_us

Are we really to the point where we attack EVERYTHING that an employee of the county/city does?

In my opinion the BPD can have a party everday if they want. It seems to me that if they have an open bar, it is a severely costly lawsuit waiting to happen. IF an attendee gets drunk and IF that person hits you with their car, who are you and your insurance company going to go after?

Who insures the BPD?

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    In my opinion the BPD can have a party everday if they want. It seems to me that if they have an open bar, it is a severely costly lawsuit waiting to happen. IF an attendee gets drunk and IF that person hits you with their car, who are you and your insurance company going to go after?

Who insures the BPD?
    Excuse me, but this is a union meeting, not a party sponsored by the Buffalo Police Department, so if there were to be an accident, it would be the union that is sued not the city.

Moreover, since "Amherst stakeholder" implies being an Amherst resident, I suggest you worry about Amherst's problems -- like, is the Amherst supervisor going to have a holiday party for his groupies, and who pays for it?
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    from "The Lefty Line" blog.....

Best Union Meeting of the year, the Christmas Party Meeting, will also be on Thursday at 7:00 at the CPO Club. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. Sabres game will be on TV downstairs after the meeting, along with free food and drink. Should be a great night out. Come on down to Porter Avenue.

So, you will have pretty much every Buffalo cop thats not working, and a lot of the ones who are, show up for an unlimited open bar.

What are the chances of someone driving while intoxicated?????

Hmmmm. Interesting.

If you are unemployed and willing to "take one for the team", it might be a good time to walk back and forth across Porter Avenue and wait to get hit.

Of course, being Buffalo, you would probably be arrested and charged with vandalizing the drunks car.
    I think what you're advocating is insurance fraud.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

the establishment

the establishment could be held partly liable if someone gets in an accident after being served too many drinks, or drinks to an obviously intoxicated person. (you don't know the guy doesn't have a bottle of Crown in his vehicle) "Fridays" was sued yrs ago and it was a precident setting case. Liability insurance is expensive for bars to carry, some don't carry it. They lease the bar, lease the equiptment, and are incorporated. This severely limits the liability of the actual bar owner. Meaning , you aren't going to get the guys house if you do win. You might get some of the inc holdings, but aside from that, they, owners, are protected. LLC's and INC are a must in todays sue happy world. Otherwise nobody would conduct a business in nys because of the vicarious liability laws in this state.
    They hate us till they need us.

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    Party all you want to. But we all know that when cops get drunk and drive and get caught, nothing happens.
    Cops can drink, drive and shoot their service revolvers out their car windows indiscriminately while they sit on the side of the road and nothing happens, you mean.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Excuse me, but this is a union meeting, not a party sponsored by the Buffalo Police Department, so if there were to be an accident, it would be the union that is sued not the city.

Moreover, since "Amherst stakeholder" implies being an Amherst resident, I suggest you worry about Amherst's problems -- like, is the Amherst supervisor going to have a holiday party for his groupies, and who pays for it?
    Do you think for a minute that IF something teerrible happened that could possibly be linked to this event, a reasonably aggressive attorney would NOT pursue "the city"? Even if it was largely groundless, there would be costs involved.

Also, Linda_D, your suggestion is very kind, but I think I'm entitled to OPINIONS about anything... even if it is not within the boundaries of Amherst, New York. If you are implying some authority over what I can and cannot comment on, I think it would be apprpriate to elaborate on the basis and background of that authority.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We should put out opinions on everything. Ever notice how various people use the excuse "Well they do it over there" so it's "ok to do it here" attitude?

Nip it in the bud in buffalo before it infects the other local governements. Probally too late for that though because The controling political party has already infected wny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolls_r_us

Hell of a point. I may not agree with everything that goes on but let them drink a couple of beers for crying out loud. With the recent events we should be buying them a beer. Everyone drinks and unfortunately a lot of people drive drunk. If there is any group the really knows the cost of this, it is the officers that see the result.

Thread Information