Thread: Truck Plaza

Thumbs up Truck Plaza

The new truck plaza around Buffalo is a hot topic for conversation. What are your views about this issue and what can we learn from our Canadian friends? How will the new plaza benefit local development and economy?
    www.dutyfree.ca

Zanna, I seen your editorial in the Buffalo news yesterday I think, very well written, kudos to you !!
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Thumbs up

Thank you.

What do you think about my questions regarding the "Truck Plaza"?

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    The new truck plaza around Buffalo is a hot topic for conversation. What are your views about this issue and what can we learn from our Canadian friends? How will the new plaza benefit local development and economy?
    www.dutyfree.ca
    If this plaza is built right this is all we need in the Peace Bridge area.We do not need a new bridge. This is a huge waste of money. Being a truck driver and one who has gone over just about every bridge headed to Canada I feel that a truck plaza staffed by customs religiously should take care of the backlogged traffic. The bridge isn't the problem. The lack of customs to efficently move traffic foward is the problem.The lack of space by this bridge contributes to this problem. The Ambassador bridge in Detroit for instance has a seperate auto and truck customs area. The truck area is like 20 booths. What do we have at the Peace Bridge? 5 to 7 if they are all open and staffed properly and that is for both cars and trucks. How about relocating the Naval Reserve thing and the Corp of Engineers to Lackawanna waterfront by the ship canal and using that already federally owned land (I believe ?)for a truck plaza to save the park and the neighborhood there? Just an idea. Why waste money on a bridge that you don't need? All you need to do is move traffic efficently. BTW nice letter in paper Zanna!

Thread Information